We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are the lotteries running?

Are there any lotteries currently running? Every time I go to the new lottery page on either of my accounts (character levels range from 8 - 79), it tells me no lotteries are available. So are there actually no lotteries running or bot my accounts just bugged?

They had one up yesterday that I saw.

It seemed like a test though and it only ran for an hour (I believe) between the start and the draw time.

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    They had one up yesterday that I saw.

It seemed like a test though and it only ran for an hour (I believe) between the start and the draw time.
    There were a lot of people reporting problems with that lottery, so I don't expect to see anything until next week when someone gets a chance to figure out what caused the problems. The only problem I had was self induced: I am used to entering all 44 of my characters and having a couple winning. I didn't bother to think that most people would not be entering since it was only going to be up for a short time, so 43 of my 44 characters won. Took quite a while to log into them all and collect the prizes.

Hi, I haven't seen any lotteries even though I check every couple hours.
    My characters range from 10-50. The last lottery shown is from July 5.
    Are there others that have not seen a lottery listed since the new forums went live?

Cheers & gl to all!

I think they've only had two lotteries since the new site started. One called "A Sneaky Test Lottery" and one seemingly regular lottery.

But if you don't catch them at the right time, you could easily have missed them. And I think the past lottery only shows the ones you've won, so if you didn't enter, it won't show anything.

edit: I take it back

The Sneaky Test Lottery was on Aug 1st
    Then there was the Lottery of the Things on Aug 7th (festival, gave out a horse)
    Then there was the Lottery of the Ball of Power on Aug 8th (festival stuff)
    Last edited by trancejeremy; Aug 11 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imayo View Post
    Are there any lotteries currently running? Every time I go to the new lottery page on either of my accounts (character levels range from 8 - 79), it tells me no lotteries are available. So are there actually no lotteries running or bot my accounts just bugged?
    Sapience stated the message is very literal. "No lotteries are currently running", means there are no lotteries running. :-)
    [LEFT][IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v5SYjps_xD4/UgLOIJtQ0KI/AAAAAAAAVKc/hZxOQMDkoP4/s800/sig-lotro3.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]

even lottos i am not eligible to enter i still see if they are running so i would assume if no lotteries are being shown then no lottos at all are run anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    I think they've only had two lotteries since the new site started. One called "A Sneaky Test Lottery" and one seemingly regular lottery.

But if you don't catch them at the right time, you could easily have missed them. And I think the past lottery only shows the ones you've won, so if you didn't enter, it won't show anything.

edit: I take it back

The Sneaky Test Lottery was on Aug 1st
    Then there was the Lottery of the Things on Aug 7th (festival, gave out a horse)
    Then there was the Lottery of the Ball of Power on Aug 8th (festival stuff)
    There was also one lottery that ended about a day after the Ball of Power lottery. I don't remember the name (I didn't win) but I do remember it included at least one Draigoch scale.

No Worries, I will be smiling when one appears.

Thanks for the feedback.

GL & Safe Journeys!

Would be quite nice to get some indication of when "normal" service will be resumed. A timetabel would be even better

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    There was also one lottery that ended about a day after the Ball of Power lottery. I don't remember the name (I didn't win) but I do remember it included at least one Draigoch scale.
    I believe it was called "The Thing of the Things" or something similar. I didn't win it either.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Yes, the Lottery of the Thing of Things. I got it, then DCed when I went to get it from my mailbox. :| I have the items safely now, so I just need to decided which character I want the cloak on and find somebody who has the cloak recipe ^^

But other than the lotteries mentioned above (of which I almost only won on character who couldn't use half the stuff they won) I have not seen any. At least something has shown up, though whether they are back to stay remains to be seen.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by mqb View Post
    Sapience stated the message is very literal. "No lotteries are currently running", means there are no lotteries running. :-)
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GozmitJosh View Post
    even lottos i am not eligible to enter i still see if they are running so i would assume if no lotteries are being shown then no lottos at all are run anywhere.
    Correct. With the new system you will always see running lotteries, even if you cannot enter them. If you see the message described above, it means exactly what it says. There are no lotteries. We made this change with the new system so there would never be any question as to whether or not lotteries were running.

You will always see one of these three things(you must be logged in in all cases).

• No Lotteries available - Literally there are no lotteries.
    • Lotteries shown, but you have no eligible characters.
    • Lotteries shown and your eligible character listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorthnoth View Post
    Would be quite nice to get some indication of when "normal" service will be resumed. A timetabel would be even better
    Normal? I'm not sure I understand. If you mean a return to a fixed schedule of lotteries on given days, it's under discussion. There will likely be a return to some kind of 'standard' lottery but probably not a regimented schedule as before. Currently the thinking is have lotteries on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but not the stock lotteries we had before.

Will there be an acknowledgement screen that shows you entered the lotto or just the checked boxes of your toons greyed out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    With the new system you will always see running lotteries, even if you cannot enter them.
    It would be nice if we could actually see what the lotteries are without having to log in to the site (since we can't stay auto-logged in anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Schlepp View Post
    It would be nice if we could actually see what the lotteries are without having to log in to the site (since we can't stay auto-logged in anymore).
    Or at least an indicator that there are lotteries available if we check the page while not logged in.

Thank you for the lottery info Sapience.

Currently the thinking is have lotteries on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, ...
    Actually that would already be fantastic!

I hope the lead time will be long enough so that people playing from other time zones than US will have ample time to check in and participate.
    But in any case, many thanks to the team for bringing the lotteries back

Normal? I'm not sure I understand. If you mean a return to a fixed schedule of lotteries on given days, it's under discussion. There will likely be a return to some kind of 'standard' lottery but probably not a regimented schedule as before. Currently the thinking is have lotteries on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but not the stock lotteries we had before.
    Sorry if I was unclear. I tend to log on to the forums once or twice a day (but not every day) to check posts, and not necessarily in the hope of catching a lottery running - I'd much rather be in-game. Just knowing that, say, there'll be lotteries running on day x is the kind of thing I meant. The actual content is another matter; mixing it up and not sticking to a stock formula sounds fun.

It shows at the current time that there is a lottery active.
    I believe this is an old lottery as it has Summer Festival tokens as reward.

It ends in 20ish minutes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us