We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grams Camping

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    The biggest problem with the game is that it is not very balanced. Because of that people tend to play the more powerful side and also the more powerful toons. Lets take you for instance.....You have a hunter which probably is a class that most people think is the weakest class on freep side right now. Instead of you playing that toon since this last update you have been playing a Healing Runekeeper. Which happens to be the hardest toon to kill and one that screws the balance more than any other toon right now.

The only way we are going to see better fights more often is if Turbine balances the game better because people are not going to change. They are always going to play the more op side and toons. Not all, but enough to make a difference. The problem is I don't see Turbine balancing anything anytime soon.
    You spelled "screw" wrong, I fixed it. Totally got your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Celenir View Post
    LOL

noo is the only thing that keeps me playing, corpse jump crykid!!!!!

nothing personal but he is my archenemy
    I was kidding.. I'm kinda here for Kykid aswell. Stun him and run is pretty much the only thing I can do.

Burn those store tracks, Kykiddddd!!

@Rubble

I have many classes, and many classes in this game are op. Lets take BlackArrows for example, there +50% evade is op, always has being, Spider's reflect causing 100% damage to be reflected is op, I can go on about many other toons. Any toon can be OP if played correctly.
    About myself playing a runekeeper, I have never healed on freepside before, thought it was nice for a change. If your saying that "a healing runekeeper is the hardest to kill and screws the balance" Then we must be doing our job correctly. WarLeaders can counter our dps be just throwing up a bubble, that last for 15s if traited correctly.

This is not a troll to you by the way, just saying what I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedtodeath View Post
    @Rubble

I have many classes, and many classes in this game are op. Lets take BlackArrows for example, there +50% evade is op, always has being, Spider's reflect causing 100% damage to be reflected is op, I can go on about many other toons. Any toon can be OP if played correctly.
    About myself playing a runekeeper, I have never healed on freepside before, thought it was nice for a change. If your saying that "a healing runekeeper is the hardest to kill and screws the balance" Then we must be doing our job correctly. WarLeaders can counter our dps be just throwing up a bubble, that last for 15s if traited correctly.

This is not a troll to you by the way, just saying what I believe.
    I never said it screws the balance. I said it skews the balance. A runekeepers healing and bubbles can affect a fights balance more than any other toon right now.

I was just using you as an example to try to explain to you why things are the way they are.

I am talking about group/raid fights here. If a BA pops his evade then attack another target or have Runekeepers, Minis, Lore-masters and other skills from other freeps that go right through their evade take them down. If a spider uses their reflect then stop attacking them or just don't hit them with your biggest hitting skills so you don't blow yourself up. Try to evenly distribute the damage between players. Or heck, just have somebody heal through the damage you do and ignore their reflect.

Did you know it takes more than 2 creeps to kill a Runekeeper that is healing? Infact they can live quite a long time with 3 or even more on them. They can keep themselves up and at the same time keep other people up in their group. In most cases long enough to get to safety. Is what a Runekeeper can do just as OP as what I spider or BA can do and can really skew the balance like no other? I guess you don't think so. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. It's just not mine.
    Last edited by bambam21; Aug 08 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Sadly, i have to agree with what Maggot & Rubble have said here..

Ive seen solo Wardens hold a 12 man Craid at bay, seen RK's heal a 6 man f'ship vs a 24 man Creep raid and win, hunter and cappie Duo's make fools of creep groups, etc
    To say 'freeps' arent OP at the moment is to show ignorance, and quite possibly a lack of even knowing what freeps are capable of , especially when they can co-ordinate..
    Co-ordinating is where most freeps fall short.. To watch 24 man freep raids run from Grams to Lug back door when creeps get numbers and push ( picking off freeps 1 by 1, with their backs turned ) is hilarious really..and shows the mentality of most freeps (not all).. - not that freeps should be camping there anyway..
    There is very few freeps i have seen that actually heal effectively....some think they do...but really - they don't..
    Freeps always complain about creeps stacking heals..but really 1 RK can outheal 3 defilers easily..they just choose to DPS instead...And minstrels..geez...why choose to play a healing class if you never heal ? another example of the mentality of some freeps.
    Possibly the only freep class that should lose a 1v1 would be a hunter , but group that hunter with a rk/lm/cap/min and that Duo becomes quite formidable , and creeps NEED extra numbers to have ANY chance to get a kill..
    In saying that, it also needs to be noted, that there is a Massive difference between low ranked and high rank creeps of the same class...Even a solo hunter can kill 3 or 4 low ranked grouped creeps pretty easy , which is why low ranks need to wait for a creep leader to step up and help them..
    Until said creep leaders come on, low ranks just sit at grams and such and die when coming 1 metre too far outside their 1 shotters.. i see this all the time, and to me it seems as bad form as farming your own freaver train ( and probably just as boring ).
    Another thing i've noticed is freeps seem to fill raids with no real need...freeps map to GV and join raids without first asking if there is even creeps on...possibly to join friends, possibly to earn the extra points some other member of fraid earns..possibly a leftover from months ago when fraids were needed, i'm not sure..
    I could be wrong, but it seems if Shupth isn't on leading craids, the action is just...inaction..
    I'm glad the leaderboards have gone..it may change the mentality of peeps to where enjoyable fights are the name of the game, and not just a race to the next rank..

To finish this off, i play a hunter ( often solo ) and have never had a craid NOT run over me...Often had 20 or more chase me all over the map ( led by Vet creeps - who will then even corpse jump once they kill me).
    It just encourages me to join unneeded fraids to do the same back and see how they like it..unfortunately the Vet creeps can't be found when the tables turn ... ( i have seen Shupth solo lately tho - which makes me think he is tired of leading )

Wall of text over..

OMG they fixed my forum account!!!

Here Turbine, let me fix your game for free...

1st) Remove rune keepers from game, its an unbalanced lorebreaking class
    2nd) [OOC]: LFG <-- BAM! 8 days ban
    3rd) [OOC]: LFG (+ its a RK) <-- TAKE THIS EZMODER TOLKIENS SHAME! Account explodes.
    4th) [OOC]: x <-- ezmoder AND lazy... die die die!!! (character actually chokes and die)
    5th) for any WS minstrel rubble gets an extra bubble
    6th) If a shield traited warden steps out in the moors, morkel automatically goes out if his ignore list.
    7th) any hunter standing at the top of TR/Lug/TA automatically becomes a dumb NPC doomed to tweet helpless with "the bird".. continues on 8th)
    8th) if so called character is a LM it becomes a bush... inside Isendeep... bore to death lame player!!!
    9th) Remove RKS from game, i mean it.

i should be Dev.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacarion View Post
    I came back recently to the game since almost 1 year break, and I must say that the game looks worst than ever!

Not only turbine totally killed my playstyle and one of the things that I liked that was getting KB, they also force people to raid up because the gains vs risk. There is no point going solo or small group anymore because you can be "safe" on a raid mashing 2 buttons and rank in 1 week, and nobody solo anyway.

When I log, I usually roam solo till I get tired of getting zerged like 10 times and then somebody invite me or some of the TMR log in.

When I left, the creeps where in a good position and I remember that all the "high ranked" freeps switched to creepside to play spiders and defilers and camp GV for hours.

Now creeps are outnumbered most of the time again, and all the "high ranked" freeps are playing Lore masters, Minstrels, Rune Keepers, Wardens, etc and camping grams for hours.

What it causes imbalance and camping situations are this kind of Fotm people that only care about points and you all know it but dont do anything to stop it.

Yesterday was the 10 time that I give it a try to the game and log in just to talk with some old friends and try to have some fun, but it is getting harder for me to log, everytime I try it is just to see the same thing every time:

-In the mornings you have the Korean kin camping lug rez or grams, all Fotm classes vs greenies in the most part.

-In the afternoon is the same but is mostly Latinos and some others random freeps.

-In the prime time you have the regular freeps + the other 2 groups so that leads to creeps to have the outnumbered buff the most part of the night.

I dont know what turbine did, but now it looks like if every freep are wardens or something, when you have more than 2 persons attacking you, in any normal pvp game you die.. here on Lotro even if 6 people are atacking somebody the freep just jump up and down, healing him self or using bubbles and "store bubbles" now too..

@Bleedtodeath: you say people is scared to die.. the truth is that people may be tired to die. Wich kind of fun can you get when as soon as you try to roam the map and do something else you got destroyed by 2 or 3 raids, or wich kind of motivation can you get when you try to kill 1 person and he just heal himself and run to a safe place?

The game is way to broken, and the people that play it is even more broken if they think that the game is balanced and is the fault of 1 side only.

Truth is that creeps cant match freep power and freeps keep coming with more numbers every time. If you "high ranked" freeps can't see this and start blaming one side for not be stupid and push and die over and over to give you points, you can keep living the dream and keep making "gratz threads" like if they mean something..
    well Elda, after 5 years playing this game I learned one thing:

>> people never change <<

You need to create a BA and enjoy the grams camp. [/bored]
    PD: I love gratz threads elda, you have to allow people increase their ego.

1) <3 nannu's post, ty for the laugh, epic post. /agree on RKs. :P

2) Some may not still be around from when I first read the notes about the proposed changes to the moors in turbine's idea for moving the fights around and replacing existing balance mechanics. The primary thing that's wrong with the moors imo, is that there is no real balance mechanic. I read those changes and said these changes will only further help the side that is already winning, already zerging, already has more numbers. Nothing in the current system helps teh side that actually needs the help at the time. If you have more, you can afford to keep the OPs flipped your way and keep your offense buffs. If you have more you can cap all the keeps and kill the delving bosses and cap the relics too, giving tons of renown or infamy buffs, incoming damage reduction etc. So what if you can roll 2-3 trolls or rangers, they never were scaled well, they cost comms and are pretty boring to play presently because of how weak and ineffective they are as a balance mechanic, the only balance mechanic other than a slight buff to your gains when outnumbered enough. I mean really? Most seem to have not seen that as a bad thing and supported turbine in these changes. Most see these in action daily and still somehow believe it's a good system. This baffles me. How can people NOT see that the system rewards the side with more, it rewards the zergball heavily. It discourages the side that for whatever reason at that time cannot gather a sizable enough force to deal with the enemy. It practically begs people to flip and go farm ez rank and comms rather than sit there and get farmed or just log out.

without a turbine supported balance mechanic this leaves the players to self-balance, and we've seen how that works, for years now. It does not.

I applaud those that have tried to fight for the side that needs the help more. I know it's not easy and often not nearly as fun as just ezmode steamrolling the other side.

Simple fact on main topic here though is, grams camps, gv camps, rez camps, elf camps, orc camps, TA front door camps, etc. They have always been a part of the game. People prefer to find a spot where they can find action and not have to roam and work for it. It's the nature of the crowd. Even back when we did the stab shuffle some of us would roam the map and leave the stab shuffle for hours and come back to find the same people there donig the same thing over and over, we may have had some fun adventures and encounters or been run over by a raid on the move in our travels. But eventually even those of us that chose not to stay in one spot all day would find a little comfort in coming back to the stab ec ta wtab oc area to find something to do, to share with others out there, etc. This will always be a part of this game's pvp unless they add instanced PVP,, which I thought they would do with the skirmish and instance finder systems added to the game, but have chosen not to.

So, all we can do as players is continue to try to find ways to make it fun, or leave the moors and do something else when it becomes less than fun.

There is no magic solution right now.

My hope would be that turbine would find a way to reward the buffs to the side with less players to compensate for lower numbers, to help even the field more. But somehow they keep missing the concept of how to put a helpful balance mechanism in place.

Until then, it's up to us. I miss Drakgor on creepside, not all liked him, but I enjoyed his raids. I also miss all my old spirits and taba PVP people. I had so much fun on freep and creep with them, we had a blast on vent and in game and always found ways to make things fun regardless of what was going on, or log back to PVE and do something else or call it a night, etc.
    [COLOR="#3366ff"]Melrok (R10 Guard) Morkel (R12 Hunter) Merlok (R8 LM) Shadowheart (R8 Burg)[/color]
    [color="#cc3333"]Grimnaw (R11 Warg) Grimweaver (R11 Spdr) Grimacroncheese (R9 BA)
    Rageagainsthelootbox (R8 Defiler) Cheezeypoof (R9 Reaver)[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron2112 View Post
    This will always be a part of this game's pvp unless they add instanced PVP,, which I thought they would do with the skirmish and instance finder systems added to the game, but have chosen not to.
    The thing I have noticed in LOTRO is they come up with some new mechanic/system make a big deal about it and all the amazing things it can do and then some other shiny object comes along and it is forgotten. The Delving could have been the perfect platform for some type of instanced pvp - but not sure it would have mattered instanced pvp would take out the zerg ball but not the imbalance between the 2 sides. That and instanced PvP doesn't allow for running and hiding, so a vast majority of the community wouldn't be interested.
    Evermor

Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post

Ive seen solo Wardens hold a 12 man Craid at bay, seen RK's heal a 6 man f'ship vs a 24 man Creep raid and win, hunter and cappie Duo's make fools of creep groups, etc
    To say 'freeps' arent OP at the moment is to show ignorance, and quite possibly a lack of even knowing what freeps are capable of , especially when they can co-ordinate..
    Co-ordinating is where most freeps fall short.. To watch 24 man freep raids run from Grams to Lug back door when creeps get numbers and push ( picking off freeps 1 by 1, with their backs turned ) is hilarious really..and shows the mentality of most freeps (not all).. - not that freeps should be camping there anyway..
    There is very few freeps i have seen that actually heal effectively....some think they do...but really - they don't..
    Freeps always complain about creeps stacking heals..but really 1 RK can outheal 3 defilers easily..they just choose to DPS instead...And minstrels..geez...why choose to play a healing class if you never heal ? another example of the mentality of some freeps.
    Possibly the only freep class that should lose a 1v1 would be a hunter , but group that hunter with a rk/lm/cap/min and that Duo becomes quite formidable , and creeps NEED extra numbers to have ANY chance to get a kill..
    In saying that, it also needs to be noted, that there is a Massive difference between low ranked and high rank creeps of the same class...Even a solo hunter can kill 3 or 4 low ranked grouped creeps pretty easy , which is why low ranks need to wait for a creep leader to step up and help them..
    Until said creep leaders come on, low ranks just sit at grams and such and die when coming 1 metre too far outside their 1 shotters.. i see this all the time, and to me it seems as bad form as farming your own freaver train ( and probably just as boring ).
    Another thing i've noticed is freeps seem to fill raids with no real need...freeps map to GV and join raids without first asking if there is even creeps on...possibly to join friends, possibly to earn the extra points some other member of fraid earns..possibly a leftover from months ago when fraids were needed, i'm not sure..
    I could be wrong, but it seems if Shupth isn't on leading craids, the action is just...inaction..
    I'm glad the leaderboards have gone..it may change the mentality of peeps to where enjoyable fights are the name of the game, and not just a race to the next rank..

To finish this off, i play a hunter ( often solo ) and have never had a craid NOT run over me...Often had 20 or more chase me all over the map ( led by Vet creeps - who will then even corpse jump once they kill me).
    It just encourages me to join unneeded fraids to do the same back and see how they like it..unfortunately the Vet creeps can't be found when the tables turn ... ( i have seen Shupth solo lately tho - which makes me think he is tired of leading )

Wall of text over..
    Why do people feel the need to qualify agreeing with Rubble and Maggot, I don't get it.
    Last edited by Ghosttaker; Aug 06 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Why do people feel the need to validate agreeing with Rubble and Maggot, I don't get it.
    I agree with everything Avengingbananaslug said. Anyone that sexy has to be right.

These are extreme instances, I honestly don't think any of the above has ever happened unless all of the creeps involved were r3 and below.

Agreed to a point. I see poorly played RK's and Wardens fold like a house of cards out there every night. Well played freeps can be OP in the right hands, some skills are OP, water lore is OP.

Co-ordinating is where most freeps fall short..
    I couldn't agree more. This is where drama begins. I want everyone I lead to have fun, each person's idea of what is fun does not necessarily coincide with winning. If a mini has more fun DPS'ing, then I feel it's not my place to tell them to change. Will it make the group more effective, yes, but at the same time it's always a balancing act, if I can talk an RK into healing - I lose that much DPS as well. Life is a trade-off.

To watch 24 man freep raids run from Grams to Lug back door when creeps get numbers and push ( picking off freeps 1 by 1, with their backs turned ) is hilarious really..and shows the mentality of most freeps (not all).. - not that freeps should be camping there anyway..
    You lost me here. Creeps get numbers they should push - and roll everything they can.

Yes, some heal really well. Morteth, Drail, Ershy, Alix, Esis, Mernervils, Eary, just to name a few have allowed me to live long enough to turn you into ash! Don't forget the really good cappies and the LM off-heals, I have restored 80% of a freep's morale at times if Beacon crits.

What defilers do you play with. Completely inaccurate statement. a r5 Defiler can self-heal enough to create a stalemate situation with any 2 freeps.

Situational, at best.

Again, we agree. Now you need to discuss drama and elitist behavior amongst the veterans on creepside that prevents noob creeps from playing more than one night in the moors and never coming back. No, not every new creep is a freep spy. Ok, while we are on the topic... I come to the moors for 3 hours a night (after my hateful job) to do one thing, and one thing only, kill creeps, so please, by all means invite spies, if it will get me a fight I am good with it.

2 separate concepts being discussed here. Grams camps are not 24/7, find another way out if someone camped you, Jasthir/Tiki/Bunkle camp gv incessantly, shame on any freep for dying more than once to him in the same place, the map is a big place, use it. Oh, and maps... MAP OUT, keep your group moving and you won't have to fight EVERY freep on the server that has ended up at grams because there is no other place to find creeps. I hate fighting the entire server's worth of creeps in one place, I move the fight, constantly moving, my groups know - Agility is key.

Completely 100% agree, freeps need to assess the situation before they just drop a generic "X" in OOC. I would assume the same applies on creepside, in fact, the whole "X" thing without asking started on creepside.

Whose fault is that? How about you start leading. Please, never complain about the state of leadership if you are unwilling to lead, yourself. It's not nearly as easy as the best leaders make it look. If, and when you decide to lead - invite everyone, include the noobs, teach them, help them get maps and rank... today's r2 who you have to support might be next month's bubble that saves your butt.

I'm not glad. It was plain stupid. People play PvP for the challenge of more than silly, mindless AI that PvE presents. I love going up against the mind of another person who can rage, fear, desire to win or run... LOVE IT, and those leaderboards communicated a lot to me about who stuck with it, who farmed, who was concerned with stars and who wasn't. There was NO logic behind turning off a fully automated system that required NO HUMAN INTERACTION or cost other than the power to run the server. This was simply a move on turbine's part so they could squelch all the whining around farming, if I can't see who farmed likely I won't whine.

Yep, welcome to the new age of dis-honor and zerging, so what, happens to us all. Its the system Turbine built, nobody's fault but that. Do you corpse-jump? I don't, I believe int he golden rule.

Completely agree, last night was a perfect example, I was in a group of 4 that got rolled REPEATEDLY, every time we engaged any creeps, even a group of 5 it was clear we were called out in OOC, every creep on the server would map in. We got a group of freeps organized, and in a long, hard fight won at old EC, after that most of the creeps were hiding or logged.
    Last edited by Irin19; Aug 06 2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling, content
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    What defilers do you play with. Completely inaccurate statement. a r5 Defiler can self-heal enough to create a stalemate situation with any 2 freeps.
    What freeps do you play with? I would be embarrassed if I could not kill a r5 defiler. Pro Quiet Knife burgs could solo defilers pre U10.

-Malte

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    The biggest problem with the game is that it is not very balanced. Because of that people tend to play the more powerful side and also the more powerful toons. Lets take you for instance.....You have a hunter which probably is a class that most people think is the weakest class on freep side right now. Instead of you playing that toon since this last update you have been playing a Healing Runekeeper. Which happens to be the hardest toon to kill and one that scews the balance more than any other toon right now.

The only way we are going to see better fights more often is if Turbine balances the game better because people are not going to change. They are always going to play the more op side and toons. Not all, but enough to make a difference. The problem is I don't see Turbine balancing anything anytime soon.
    +2 Bam, spot-on

To all creeps: Heed the words of Father Merrin:

"Especially important is the warning to avoid conversations with the demon. We may ask what is relevant but anything beyond that is dangerous. He is a liar. The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us. The attack is psychological, Damien, and powerful. So don't listen to him. Remember that - do not listen."

i.e. Come get farmed! What's the matter, you chicken? You have no other way of having fun. You have no self respect! Your skills will get better the more times you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    What freeps do you play with? I would be embarrassed if I could not kill a r5 defiler. Pro Quiet Knife burgs could solo defilers pre U10.

-Malte
    Then I stand embarrassed. Clearly, you are pro, I am not. Then again, if this was the only fault you found with my wall of rebuttals I'll always take 90% accurate as a good thing.

Oh, and "king of the soloers" quit leeching off the raids and really solo.
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by samadhiraver View Post
    +2 Bam, spot-on

To all creeps: Heed the words of Father Merrin:

"Especially important is the warning to avoid conversations with the demon. We may ask what is relevant but anything beyond that is dangerous. He is a liar. The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us. The attack is psychological, Damien, and powerful. So don't listen to him. Remember that - do not listen."

i.e. Come get farmed! What's the matter, you chicken? You have no other way of having fun. You have no self respect! Your skills will get better the more times you die.
    Dude, lay off the sugar, omg.

...quit leeching off the raids and really solo.
    two things, 1) ive seen raids just standing away from a creep owned keep and telling me im leeching because i pushed/chased some creep inside. (###?!)
    2) soloers know that is more likely to get killed in the middle of a RvR situation and if they get involved in one is because raiders zerg zerg zerg and leave no soloers on the other side + we get less renown cause we could eat 99% of a creep morale, but if a member of the raid hits it... there ya go! 15 renown!... not good for the business.

With this im not saying that you zerg soloers (in fact I know you dont), i just quoted you cause you (unwillingly) brought the topic to the table.

Everybody just needs to stop taking these pixels too serious.

There is still division between different cliques creep and freepside.
    People not liking so and so, people not grouping with such and such...

If a toon is logged over on a side and taking up space on server, he/she is more then likely not "just" trolling...they see imbalance, they want to help, they want a good fight, they want some fun...
    Their is no reason to hold such personal grudges....

"I don't like such and such's freep so I won't group with him if hes on creepside"
    "I don't like being corpse jumped by such and such so I won't heal him."
    "Remember back like 6 months ago when so and so said something negative on forums, yah I still hate him."

To see people ragequit a raid because a certain person joins, or hear someone rage in vent because I say I'm inviting such and such to raid.
    Just get over yourselves!

Come together as one and help eachother out. Fight for the common goal and coordinating against the enemy! There is no reason why their should be 3 groups of 8 creeps trying to fight a raid and a half of freeps because "I don't like that guy leading" or "Oh, so and so is in your group? nah, I don't want to merge, that tribe doesn't know ### they are doing"

FFS, I'm sure he won't admit to it, but Akthuri and I even grouped up freepside the other day and had some sporadic fun running around the map. We even made Maggot have a raging aneurism in Vent.
    Put aside your differences, overcome the odds and find some fun.
    If you have 40 people at grams and someone says they only track a 15 enemies there...maybe you should ragedisband, or split up....Hell, don't split up and just station half the raid in a flanking position to give the other side a good 15 seconds at trying to kill a couple things before you flank zerg me.......

Would I love to get back to full fellowshipping it only and not creating such a stupid laggy raiding mess, sure.
    Would I love to once again get a fellowship and a half of veteran freeps to fight 18 freeps for 30 continuous minutes straight running around a spot on the map, just healing, and rezzing, and focus firing, and raging, and crying, and mapping back in, sure.

But we can only adapt to what Turbine gives us. So turbine gives us "ZERG OR BE ZERGED"
    It'll only get worse in Helms deep when Freeps all have to relearn their brand new classes and get cool shiny weapons and loot, and creeps will be sitting around waiting for whatever nerf comes next.

Just have fun, and when you aren't anymore: Log Off

@Akthuri: There is something really annoying called war leader bug, you cant heal, you cant die, you cant do anything usefull. Since i came back yesterday was the third time i got it. I dont know if it is because the amount of CC and lag thanks to the Fotm LM that cause it + WL having the same stance or what, but If you log off it takes like 30 min or even more to clean connection to get into the game again, or you could wait till a GM kill you and that fix the bug but till some GM come to help that takes even longer lol. Also if the raid is not disbanded and you join again you can get the bug again.

So when you say that people where hiding.. well they basically couldnt log in on the game so.. I hope that explain some stuff for you.

After reading all the posts here including my own, and checking again the original post i feel like.. Haha bascially all you guys and me including have been trolled by Bleedtodeath lol

I mean how I couldnt see this before! lol + rep to you I guess, you got some people interested for a while, and some of them even look mad!

After watching your gameplay style and reading again your first post I cant avoid to smile, some people may call you hypocrite for asking "changes" on other people playstyle when you are actually doing what you described, but dont worry If you are happy and you are having fun, good for you I am nobody to judge.

-Here an extremely low quality screenshot to make fun of the bad quality graphics when you run out of comments to troll:

You got 4 Rune keepers, 1 Captain, 2 Minstrels, 1 hunter. Pretty much a Fotm-Rofl-heal-godmode-storepay2wincrap-awesomeDPS-potatobaddies group.. just Krykid son the rk can hold at least 6 creeps on him before he die, imagine how hard can be to stay alive for that group make up haha. It was Melex (hunter) and Clawbreaker (minstrel) too before but i guess they got bored and went to do pve after me and Rubberduck mapped to take SOP.

VS

2 War leaders, 1 greenie warg, 1 BA and 1 reaver, oh and the poor guy Armataqui or something that he was switching toons to see if he could do something but since he is a greenie, he got exploded any time he leave the one shots.

The Maggotmath was pretty accurated this time haha.

Advice to everybody, dont waste your time on the forums, people dont change, they dont care about your opinions, points is all that matter and get them in the easiest way is a priority.

We can blame turbine for ruining the PVP with their "patches", but at the end is the player behind the toon that have the power to offer a good show or not.. after all.. Lotro is serious bussiness and freeps are not OP haha.

Everybody sucks, specially you Coco!
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/6kvc.png/][IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5356/6kvc.png[/IMG][/URL]

Rank 10 War Leader // Rank 11 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    Just have fun, and when you aren't anymore: Log Off

Why do people feel the need to qualify agreeing with Rubble and Maggot, I don't get it.
    Because this --->
    -Creep healing is way superior to freeps <Liars. If your freep Healers actually tried to heal they could out heal us tons.

-Creeps hug NPCS because they cant fight us. <Lies again i was in a creep raid last night that zerged threw npcs to fight freeps because freeps kept running to the back door of lug.

-Creep dps is overpowered. If i can be crit for 14k from an RK and no one on our side can hit that high. I highly doubt our dps is overpowered my friend.

-Creep CC is overpowered. < Warleaders/defilers get hit with more CC than anyone on creepside Atleast freepside can Immune stun half their groups, Creeps were shafted when they handed out this skill.
    And --->
    If a BA pops his evade then attack another target or have Runekeepers, Minis, Lore-masters and other skills from other freeps that go right through their evade take them down. If a spider uses their reflect then stop attacking them or just don't hit them with your biggest hitting skills so you don't blow yourself up. Try to evenly distribute the damage between players. Or heck, just have somebody heal through the damage you do and ignore their reflect.
    There are alot of good points in this thread ( and no personal flaming so far which is good ) but these 2 points stuck out to me.
    And it goes to show, even though most posters seem to not agree with or like Grams camps, we still can't all agree on other things..lol. ( or have different opinions of them anyway )
    I guess as has been stated, no-one can dictate to others how ( or what class ) to play.
    Leading a raid is not easy, and props go to those willing to do so..
    Have seen and been in some great action on this server ( easily as good as other so-called PVP servers ) , Creeps play real well when co-ordinated, freeps could do alot better to put up a good fight when this happens instead of just getting more numbers, but i can understand a leader can't be required to teach his other 23 raid members ( most of who they prob have no idea who they are ) how to play.. They are left with the tactic of just being able to fill the raid and calling out a Focus target or assigning a target assist.

quit leeching off the raids and really solo.

There was a lot to disagree with, but I don't like writing walls of txt like elda or others.

Wow...this thread got long!

People are going to play the way they want. There's really not much to be done about it. I can only choose how I conduct myself. Others need to be accountable for their own actions. Lately, PvMP hasn't been much fun for me, so I've been playing less. I think a lot of folks have felt that way. It makes me sad. The game has been, frankly, pretty damn boring. Only so many times I can sit around with a rating of 179 (I didn't know ratings could actually go below 200) before I just need a break.

I get why greenies raid up. I did it a lot when I was a greenie creep. I've learned I actually much prefer small groups. Sadly, our server/the game in general, is not small group friendly right now. Poor timing for me.

Sometimes, I lead on creepside. I've done that less lately as well. One can only herd cats for so many hours in a row. That being said, I do think there needs to be more open-ness and less griping about who is invited to groups/raids. If raid v raid is where the action is, let's just group up, cooperate, and try to get some good fights. All the griping about who has the "right" playstyle, etc, gives me even more of a headache than the rating of 179!!

It would be nice if folks would at least realize when one side has the ON buff and perhaps break up into somewhat smaller groups to give the less populated side a chance to roam/find some fights. In general, I have taken to not calling things out in OOC until I can see I'm seriously outnumbered/outclassed. Not everyone does that, but I can't be responsible for everyone else. I can only choose how I conduct myself (yes, I repeated that on purpose). It might also be nice if, when noticing one side has an ON buff, the other side doesn't then also rush to take all the OPs, etc. to push them to a further disadvantage. Then again, not everyone wants fun fights. Some folks just want to "win," whatever that means to them.

This topic can go on and on, and in the end, I seriously doubt anyone will change how they think, behave or the overall atmosphere of the Moors.

Hahaha damn you Malte! I write wall of texts because my english suck and is hard to write something that can be readed by others lol

This is all your fault Cocobadster, you will pay..
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/6kvc.png/][IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5356/6kvc.png[/IMG][/URL]

Rank 10 War Leader // Rank 11 Guardian

@ Elda

I ran through the entire map, doing my usual run-down, HH -> OP's -> Grothum -> Grams. After 20 minutes of searching the map. I ride up to grams, and what do you know! There are 5 creeps sitting up there. No freeps there or anything. After a burg called them out, the freep group showed up. Then rubberduck and yourself. After 20 minutes or so of fighting. I logged.

Nice try though!

I wish I took pics of the 5 creeps sitting there with no freeps. It was funny too see, and even funnier too think about after your post! Keep trying!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast