We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75

Thread: Grams Camping

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Grams Camping

    For the past week or so, most of the prime time is spent either sitting at grams/lug back door, or running around the delving wondering if the opposite side are going to take the buffs. Until a creep leader comes on, or it seems like the freep raid just broke apart, both freeps and creeps would rather sit at grams than get a decent fight. I don't mind getting rolled. But it seems that people are so scared to die that they would rather sit and look at the same scenery for a few hours than push and fight. Do we want to ask the devs to just delete the entire map? And just keep the dof and lug - grams area? Since it seems that is all we use...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    366
    It would be nice if Turbine actually did something to make the Moors .. well.. more. The only way to really stop the camp anywhere is to not camp and not get camped.

    If the opposing side keeps running down to allow the camp, then they need to change. If the side camping is there for a long time, they should just leave. This needs to be stated - both sides have been in both situations. Both have camped and have been camped.

    Have fun - even the bitter peeps (you know who you are).

    HB
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001615c2/01003/signature.png]Hestonbear[/charsig]
    Submission? Well that's a bit of a problem. See, rumor has it the Athenians have already turned you down, and if those philosophers and, uh, boy-lovers have found that kind of nerve, then, of course, Spartans have their reputation to consider.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    444
    I came back recently to the game since almost 1 year break, and I must say that the game looks worst than ever!

    Not only turbine totally killed my playstyle and one of the things that I liked that was getting KB, they also force people to raid up because the gains vs risk. There is no point going solo or small group anymore because you can be "safe" on a raid mashing 2 buttons and rank in 1 week, and nobody solo anyway.

    When I log, I usually roam solo till I get tired of getting zerged like 10 times and then somebody invite me or some of the TMR log in.

    When I left, the creeps where in a good position and I remember that all the "high ranked" freeps switched to creepside to play spiders and defilers and camp GV for hours.

    Now creeps are outnumbered most of the time again, and all the "high ranked" freeps are playing Lore masters, Minstrels, Rune Keepers, Wardens, etc and camping grams for hours.

    What it causes imbalance and camping situations are this kind of Fotm people that only care about points and you all know it but dont do anything to stop it.

    Yesterday was the 10 time that I give it a try to the game and log in just to talk with some old friends and try to have some fun, but it is getting harder for me to log, everytime I try it is just to see the same thing every time:

    -In the mornings you have the Korean kin camping lug rez or grams, all Fotm classes vs greenies in the most part.

    -In the afternoon is the same but is mostly Latinos and some others random freeps.

    -In the prime time you have the regular freeps + the other 2 groups so that leads to creeps to have the outnumbered buff the most part of the night.

    I dont know what turbine did, but now it looks like if every freep are wardens or something, when you have more than 2 persons attacking you, in any normal pvp game you die.. here on Lotro even if 6 people are atacking somebody the freep just jump up and down, healing him self or using bubbles and "store bubbles" now too..

    @Bleedtodeath: you say people is scared to die.. the truth is that people may be tired to die. Wich kind of fun can you get when as soon as you try to roam the map and do something else you got destroyed by 2 or 3 raids, or wich kind of motivation can you get when you try to kill 1 person and he just heal himself and run to a safe place?

    The game is way to broken, and the people that play it is even more broken if they think that the game is balanced and is the fault of 1 side only.

    Truth is that creeps cant match freep power and freeps keep coming with more numbers every time. If you "high ranked" freeps can't see this and start blaming one side for not be stupid and push and die over and over to give you points, you can keep living the dream and keep making "gratz threads" like if they mean something..
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/6kvc.png/][IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5356/6kvc.png[/IMG][/URL]

    Rank 10 War Leader // Rank 11 Guardian

  4. #4
    If we eliminated all the flippers what would we have? When TMR decides to log in and get serious the Feeps lose most times. Catch 22, creeps can't do much unless they have 10 or 12 against 5 or 6, they get 30 cause thank god someone comes on to lead them, and I get that 100% and then the freeps get rolled around and raid up and it's away to Grams we go. Easiest thing for Turbine to do right now would be to eliminate battlefield promotions, that would at least help and not create much of a ripple. There are still some of us who roam the map solo and it's boooooooooooooooring as hell. Forget being zerged, try to find someone.

    Most of the people who actually like to pvp Elda and know what it is would take U10 back in a second.
    Last edited by Ghosttaker; Aug 03 2013 at 07:41 PM.


    Attended by Coldaen

  5. #5
    Count me as one who isn't afraid of dying but is tired of it. I hate raiding (and it makes me lag like no one's business) but when I solo, the few 1 on 1s I get (with a couple notable exceptions) are with OP classes burning every single cooldown and pretending it's skill why they won.

    I would love to play my mini or champ again but they're so OP it's no fun. I can almost beat most wargs with only HoTs. Balance is the worst it's ever been when with a few tweaks with u10 (getting rid of lootbox brand, nerfing defiler flies) it could have been perfect. Minis and wardens were on par with weavers and reavers, now semi-good RKs, minis, wardens and LMs willing to burn all their cds (most of them) and self-heal cannot be beat. Yet you still see people trying to claim the balance is fine who only play one side. It's like the creeps who GV camped during U10 with lootbox brands and freeps all with ###### gear claiming it was fair.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Shire, Australia.
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacarion View Post
    @Bleedtodeath: you say people is scared to die.. the truth is that people may be tired to die. Wich kind of fun can you get when as soon as you try to roam the map and do something else you got destroyed by 2 or 3 raids, or wich kind of motivation can you get when you try to kill 1 person and he just heal himself and run to a safe place?
    Exactly this.

    If you don't like Grams camping, don't camp there. Simple. No one wants to push out just to be zerged over and over.

    I haven't been back long, but it's obvious that solo play is effectively dead in this game; and that is really disheartening.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s236.photobucket.com/user/InfernalCKY/media/puuding1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/InfernalCKY/puuding1.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,330
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    I hate raiding (and it makes me lag like no one's business) but when I solo, the few 1 on 1s I get (with a couple notable exceptions) are with OP classes burning every single cooldown and pretending it's skill why they won.
    it's always been like that and always will be. RoR updates haven't changed the way poor players play poorly. But so far as balance goes the gap between bad and good players seems such that actually competent freeps are stronger than they were in book 6 moria which was atrocious at the time.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacarion View Post
    I came back recently to the game since almost 1 year break, and I must say that the game looks worst than ever!

    Not only turbine totally killed my playstyle and one of the things that I liked that was getting KB, they also force people to raid up because the gains vs risk. There is no point going solo or small group anymore because you can be "safe" on a raid mashing 2 buttons and rank in 1 week, and nobody solo anyway.

    When I log, I usually roam solo till I get tired of getting zerged like 10 times and then somebody invite me or some of the TMR log in.

    When I left, the creeps where in a good position and I remember that all the "high ranked" freeps switched to creepside to play spiders and defilers and camp GV for hours.

    Now creeps are outnumbered most of the time again, and all the "high ranked" freeps are playing Lore masters, Minstrels, Rune Keepers, Wardens, etc and camping grams for hours.

    What it causes imbalance and camping situations are this kind of Fotm people that only care about points and you all know it but dont do anything to stop it.

    Yesterday was the 10 time that I give it a try to the game and log in just to talk with some old friends and try to have some fun, but it is getting harder for me to log, everytime I try it is just to see the same thing every time:

    -In the mornings you have the Korean kin camping lug rez or grams, all Fotm classes vs greenies in the most part.

    -In the afternoon is the same but is mostly Latinos and some others random freeps.

    -In the prime time you have the regular freeps + the other 2 groups so that leads to creeps to have the outnumbered buff the most part of the night.

    I dont know what turbine did, but now it looks like if every freep are wardens or something, when you have more than 2 persons attacking you, in any normal pvp game you die.. here on Lotro even if 6 people are atacking somebody the freep just jump up and down, healing him self or using bubbles and "store bubbles" now too..

    @Bleedtodeath: you say people is scared to die.. the truth is that people may be tired to die. Wich kind of fun can you get when as soon as you try to roam the map and do something else you got destroyed by 2 or 3 raids, or wich kind of motivation can you get when you try to kill 1 person and he just heal himself and run to a safe place?

    The game is way to broken, and the people that play it is even more broken if they think that the game is balanced and is the fault of 1 side only.

    Truth is that creeps cant match freep power and freeps keep coming with more numbers every time. If you "high ranked" freeps can't see this and start blaming one side for not be stupid and push and die over and over to give you points, you can keep living the dream and keep making "gratz threads" like if they mean something..
    Best post ever, 100% agree.

    To top off that last fight Elda, our own one-shotters were killing us because of that silly freep-bubble-bug(If freep has cappy bubble and you attack it, you heal it and cause own npcs to hate on you.;P)
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Que te pasa la concha de tu madre
    Posts
    57
    I don't know why is so hard to both sides agree to fight a fair fight.. In other game I played people used vent to agree a fight with equal numbers, it was so fun and everybody enjoyed it.
    Aparently not many people are interested in a fair fight, they just want points to rank. Turbine should eliminate them or change them(rage Rubble and Daarlin).
    Pehuel-Carolo-Kemiras.
    Perdonen mi ingles. Sorry for my english.

  10. #10
    @Pehuel

    I did not make this thread to complain about people soaking up points, but more about how little both sides do to get away from lug/lug hill/ and grams area. You cannot have a fight without both sides being there, so this is not pointing a finger out at either side.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Coco Bongo
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by eldacarion View Post
    i came back recently to the game since almost 1 year break, and i must say that the game looks worst than ever!

    Not only turbine totally killed my playstyle and one of the things that i liked that was getting kb, they also force people to raid up because the gains vs risk. There is no point going solo or small group anymore because you can be "safe" on a raid mashing 2 buttons and rank in 1 week, and nobody solo anyway.

    When i log, i usually roam solo till i get tired of getting zerged like 10 times and then somebody invite me or some of the tmr log in.

    When i left, the creeps where in a good position and i remember that all the "high ranked" freeps switched to creepside to play spiders and defilers and camp gv for hours.

    Now creeps are outnumbered most of the time again, and all the "high ranked" freeps are playing lore masters, minstrels, rune keepers, wardens, etc and camping grams for hours.

    What it causes imbalance and camping situations are this kind of fotm people that only care about points and you all know it but dont do anything to stop it.

    Yesterday was the 10 time that i give it a try to the game and log in just to talk with some old friends and try to have some fun, but it is getting harder for me to log, everytime i try it is just to see the same thing every time:

    -in the mornings you have the korean kin camping lug rez or grams, all fotm classes vs greenies in the most part.

    -in the afternoon is the same but is mostly latinos and some others random freeps.

    -in the prime time you have the regular freeps + the other 2 groups so that leads to creeps to have the outnumbered buff the most part of the night.

    I dont know what turbine did, but now it looks like if every freep are wardens or something, when you have more than 2 persons attacking you, in any normal pvp game you die.. Here on lotro even if 6 people are atacking somebody the freep just jump up and down, healing him self or using bubbles and "store bubbles" now too..

    @bleedtodeath: You say people is scared to die.. The truth is that people may be tired to die. Wich kind of fun can you get when as soon as you try to roam the map and do something else you got destroyed by 2 or 3 raids, or wich kind of motivation can you get when you try to kill 1 person and he just heal himself and run to a safe place?

    The game is way to broken, and the people that play it is even more broken if they think that the game is balanced and is the fault of 1 side only.

    Truth is that creeps cant match freep power and freeps keep coming with more numbers every time. If you "high ranked" freeps can't see this and start blaming one side for not be stupid and push and die over and over to give you points, you can keep living the dream and keep making "gratz threads" like if they mean something..

    dang i missed the elda´s wall of texts!!!!!!!!


    Wb eldacaca

    calm down plz
    [CENTER][COLOR="#FFFFFF"][B]Sex Symbols[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B] Cocomiel - Doronor - Brisita [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacarion View Post
    I came back recently to the game since almost 1 year break, and I must say that the game looks worst than ever!

    Not only turbine totally killed my playstyle and one of the things that I liked that was getting KB, they also force people to raid up because the gains vs risk. There is no point going solo or small group anymore because you can be "safe" on a raid mashing 2 buttons and rank in 1 week, and nobody solo anyway.

    When I log, I usually roam solo till I get tired of getting zerged like 10 times and then somebody invite me or some of the TMR log in.

    When I left, the creeps where in a good position and I remember that all the "high ranked" freeps switched to creepside to play spiders and defilers and camp GV for hours.

    Now creeps are outnumbered most of the time again, and all the "high ranked" freeps are playing Lore masters, Minstrels, Rune Keepers, Wardens, etc and camping grams for hours.

    What it causes imbalance and camping situations are this kind of Fotm people that only care about points and you all know it but dont do anything to stop it.

    Yesterday was the 10 time that I give it a try to the game and log in just to talk with some old friends and try to have some fun, but it is getting harder for me to log, everytime I try it is just to see the same thing every time:

    -In the mornings you have the Korean kin camping lug rez or grams, all Fotm classes vs greenies in the most part.

    -In the afternoon is the same but is mostly Latinos and some others random freeps.

    -In the prime time you have the regular freeps + the other 2 groups so that leads to creeps to have the outnumbered buff the most part of the night.

    I dont know what turbine did, but now it looks like if every freep are wardens or something, when you have more than 2 persons attacking you, in any normal pvp game you die.. here on Lotro even if 6 people are atacking somebody the freep just jump up and down, healing him self or using bubbles and "store bubbles" now too..

    @Bleedtodeath: you say people is scared to die.. the truth is that people may be tired to die. Wich kind of fun can you get when as soon as you try to roam the map and do something else you got destroyed by 2 or 3 raids, or wich kind of motivation can you get when you try to kill 1 person and he just heal himself and run to a safe place?

    The game is way to broken, and the people that play it is even more broken if they think that the game is balanced and is the fault of 1 side only.

    Truth is that creeps cant match freep power and freeps keep coming with more numbers every time. If you "high ranked" freeps can't see this and start blaming one side for not be stupid and push and die over and over to give you points, you can keep living the dream and keep making "gratz threads" like if they mean something..
    well Elda, after 5 years playing this game I learned one thing:

    >> people never change <<

    You need to create a BA and enjoy the grams camp. [/bored]
    PD: I love gratz threads elda, you have to allow people increase their ego.
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s24.postimg.org/5b6ymszhh/Signature_FINAL.jpg[/img][/url]
    [url=http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=spanish][/url]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mordor
    Posts
    483
    1) <3 nannu's post, ty for the laugh, epic post. /agree on RKs. :P

    2) Some may not still be around from when I first read the notes about the proposed changes to the moors in turbine's idea for moving the fights around and replacing existing balance mechanics. The primary thing that's wrong with the moors imo, is that there is no real balance mechanic. I read those changes and said these changes will only further help the side that is already winning, already zerging, already has more numbers. Nothing in the current system helps teh side that actually needs the help at the time. If you have more, you can afford to keep the OPs flipped your way and keep your offense buffs. If you have more you can cap all the keeps and kill the delving bosses and cap the relics too, giving tons of renown or infamy buffs, incoming damage reduction etc. So what if you can roll 2-3 trolls or rangers, they never were scaled well, they cost comms and are pretty boring to play presently because of how weak and ineffective they are as a balance mechanic, the only balance mechanic other than a slight buff to your gains when outnumbered enough. I mean really? Most seem to have not seen that as a bad thing and supported turbine in these changes. Most see these in action daily and still somehow believe it's a good system. This baffles me. How can people NOT see that the system rewards the side with more, it rewards the zergball heavily. It discourages the side that for whatever reason at that time cannot gather a sizable enough force to deal with the enemy. It practically begs people to flip and go farm ez rank and comms rather than sit there and get farmed or just log out.

    without a turbine supported balance mechanic this leaves the players to self-balance, and we've seen how that works, for years now. It does not.

    I applaud those that have tried to fight for the side that needs the help more. I know it's not easy and often not nearly as fun as just ezmode steamrolling the other side.

    Simple fact on main topic here though is, grams camps, gv camps, rez camps, elf camps, orc camps, TA front door camps, etc. They have always been a part of the game. People prefer to find a spot where they can find action and not have to roam and work for it. It's the nature of the crowd. Even back when we did the stab shuffle some of us would roam the map and leave the stab shuffle for hours and come back to find the same people there donig the same thing over and over, we may have had some fun adventures and encounters or been run over by a raid on the move in our travels. But eventually even those of us that chose not to stay in one spot all day would find a little comfort in coming back to the stab ec ta wtab oc area to find something to do, to share with others out there, etc. This will always be a part of this game's pvp unless they add instanced PVP,, which I thought they would do with the skirmish and instance finder systems added to the game, but have chosen not to.

    So, all we can do as players is continue to try to find ways to make it fun, or leave the moors and do something else when it becomes less than fun.

    There is no magic solution right now.

    My hope would be that turbine would find a way to reward the buffs to the side with less players to compensate for lower numbers, to help even the field more. But somehow they keep missing the concept of how to put a helpful balance mechanism in place.

    Until then, it's up to us. I miss Drakgor on creepside, not all liked him, but I enjoyed his raids. I also miss all my old spirits and taba PVP people. I had so much fun on freep and creep with them, we had a blast on vent and in game and always found ways to make things fun regardless of what was going on, or log back to PVE and do something else or call it a night, etc.
    [COLOR="#3366ff"]Melrok (R10 Guard) Morkel (R12 Hunter) Merlok (R8 LM) Shadowheart (R8 Burg)[/color]
    [color="#cc3333"]Grimnaw (R11 Warg) Grimweaver (R11 Spdr) Grimacroncheese (R9 BA)
    Rageagainsthelootbox (R8 Defiler) Cheezeypoof (R9 Reaver)[/color]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron2112 View Post
    This will always be a part of this game's pvp unless they add instanced PVP,, which I thought they would do with the skirmish and instance finder systems added to the game, but have chosen not to.
    The thing I have noticed in LOTRO is they come up with some new mechanic/system make a big deal about it and all the amazing things it can do and then some other shiny object comes along and it is forgotten. The Delving could have been the perfect platform for some type of instanced pvp - but not sure it would have mattered instanced pvp would take out the zerg ball but not the imbalance between the 2 sides. That and instanced PvP doesn't allow for running and hiding, so a vast majority of the community wouldn't be interested.
    Evermor

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedtodeath View Post
    For the past week or so, most of the prime time is spent either sitting at grams/lug back door, or running around the delving wondering if the opposite side are going to take the buffs. Until a creep leader comes on, or it seems like the freep raid just broke apart, both freeps and creeps would rather sit at grams than get a decent fight. I don't mind getting rolled. But it seems that people are so scared to die that they would rather sit and look at the same scenery for a few hours than push and fight. Do we want to ask the devs to just delete the entire map? And just keep the dof and lug - grams area? Since it seems that is all we use...
    The biggest problem with the game is that it is not very balanced. Because of that people tend to play the more powerful side and also the more powerful toons. Lets take you for instance.....You have a hunter which probably is a class that most people think is the weakest class on freep side right now. Instead of you playing that toon since this last update you have been playing a Healing Runekeeper. Which happens to be the hardest toon to kill and one that scews the balance more than any other toon right now.

    The only way we are going to see better fights more often is if Turbine balances the game better because people are not going to change. They are always going to play the more op side and toons. Not all, but enough to make a difference. The problem is I don't see Turbine balancing anything anytime soon.
    Last edited by bambam21; Aug 08 2013 at 12:14 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    The biggest problem with the game is that it is not very balanced. Because of that people tend to play the more powerful side and also the more powerful toons. Lets take you for instance.....You have a hunter which probably is a class that most people think is the weakest class on freep side right now. Instead of you playing that toon since this last update you have been playing a Healing Runekeeper. Which happens to be the hardest toon to kill and one that screws the balance more than any other toon right now.

    The only way we are going to see better fights more often is if Turbine balances the game better because people are not going to change. They are always going to play the more op side and toons. Not all, but enough to make a difference. The problem is I don't see Turbine balancing anything anytime soon.
    You spelled "screw" wrong, I fixed it. Totally got your back.


    Attended by Coldaen

  17. #17
    @Rubble

    I have many classes, and many classes in this game are op. Lets take BlackArrows for example, there +50% evade is op, always has being, Spider's reflect causing 100% damage to be reflected is op, I can go on about many other toons. Any toon can be OP if played correctly.
    About myself playing a runekeeper, I have never healed on freepside before, thought it was nice for a change. If your saying that "a healing runekeeper is the hardest to kill and screws the balance" Then we must be doing our job correctly. WarLeaders can counter our dps be just throwing up a bubble, that last for 15s if traited correctly.

    This is not a troll to you by the way, just saying what I believe.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedtodeath View Post
    @Rubble

    I have many classes, and many classes in this game are op. Lets take BlackArrows for example, there +50% evade is op, always has being, Spider's reflect causing 100% damage to be reflected is op, I can go on about many other toons. Any toon can be OP if played correctly.
    About myself playing a runekeeper, I have never healed on freepside before, thought it was nice for a change. If your saying that "a healing runekeeper is the hardest to kill and screws the balance" Then we must be doing our job correctly. WarLeaders can counter our dps be just throwing up a bubble, that last for 15s if traited correctly.

    This is not a troll to you by the way, just saying what I believe.
    I never said it screws the balance. I said it skews the balance. A runekeepers healing and bubbles can affect a fights balance more than any other toon right now.

    I was just using you as an example to try to explain to you why things are the way they are.

    I am talking about group/raid fights here. If a BA pops his evade then attack another target or have Runekeepers, Minis, Lore-masters and other skills from other freeps that go right through their evade take them down. If a spider uses their reflect then stop attacking them or just don't hit them with your biggest hitting skills so you don't blow yourself up. Try to evenly distribute the damage between players. Or heck, just have somebody heal through the damage you do and ignore their reflect.

    Did you know it takes more than 2 creeps to kill a Runekeeper that is healing? Infact they can live quite a long time with 3 or even more on them. They can keep themselves up and at the same time keep other people up in their group. In most cases long enough to get to safety. Is what a Runekeeper can do just as OP as what I spider or BA can do and can really skew the balance like no other? I guess you don't think so. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. It's just not mine.
    Last edited by bambam21; Aug 08 2013 at 12:13 PM.

  19. #19
    Sadly, i have to agree with what Maggot & Rubble have said here..

    Ive seen solo Wardens hold a 12 man Craid at bay, seen RK's heal a 6 man f'ship vs a 24 man Creep raid and win, hunter and cappie Duo's make fools of creep groups, etc
    To say 'freeps' arent OP at the moment is to show ignorance, and quite possibly a lack of even knowing what freeps are capable of , especially when they can co-ordinate..
    Co-ordinating is where most freeps fall short.. To watch 24 man freep raids run from Grams to Lug back door when creeps get numbers and push ( picking off freeps 1 by 1, with their backs turned ) is hilarious really..and shows the mentality of most freeps (not all).. - not that freeps should be camping there anyway..
    There is very few freeps i have seen that actually heal effectively....some think they do...but really - they don't..
    Freeps always complain about creeps stacking heals..but really 1 RK can outheal 3 defilers easily..they just choose to DPS instead...And minstrels..geez...why choose to play a healing class if you never heal ? another example of the mentality of some freeps.
    Possibly the only freep class that should lose a 1v1 would be a hunter , but group that hunter with a rk/lm/cap/min and that Duo becomes quite formidable , and creeps NEED extra numbers to have ANY chance to get a kill..
    In saying that, it also needs to be noted, that there is a Massive difference between low ranked and high rank creeps of the same class...Even a solo hunter can kill 3 or 4 low ranked grouped creeps pretty easy , which is why low ranks need to wait for a creep leader to step up and help them..
    Until said creep leaders come on, low ranks just sit at grams and such and die when coming 1 metre too far outside their 1 shotters.. i see this all the time, and to me it seems as bad form as farming your own freaver train ( and probably just as boring ).
    Another thing i've noticed is freeps seem to fill raids with no real need...freeps map to GV and join raids without first asking if there is even creeps on...possibly to join friends, possibly to earn the extra points some other member of fraid earns..possibly a leftover from months ago when fraids were needed, i'm not sure..
    I could be wrong, but it seems if Shupth isn't on leading craids, the action is just...inaction..
    I'm glad the leaderboards have gone..it may change the mentality of peeps to where enjoyable fights are the name of the game, and not just a race to the next rank..

    To finish this off, i play a hunter ( often solo ) and have never had a craid NOT run over me...Often had 20 or more chase me all over the map ( led by Vet creeps - who will then even corpse jump once they kill me).
    It just encourages me to join unneeded fraids to do the same back and see how they like it..unfortunately the Vet creeps can't be found when the tables turn ... ( i have seen Shupth solo lately tho - which makes me think he is tired of leading )

    Wall of text over..

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    211
    OMG they fixed my forum account!!!

    Here Turbine, let me fix your game for free...

    1st) Remove rune keepers from game, its an unbalanced lorebreaking class
    2nd) [OOC]: LFG <-- BAM! 8 days ban
    3rd) [OOC]: LFG (+ its a RK) <-- TAKE THIS EZMODER TOLKIENS SHAME! Account explodes.
    4th) [OOC]: x <-- ezmoder AND lazy... die die die!!! (character actually chokes and die)
    5th) for any WS minstrel rubble gets an extra bubble
    6th) If a shield traited warden steps out in the moors, morkel automatically goes out if his ignore list.
    7th) any hunter standing at the top of TR/Lug/TA automatically becomes a dumb NPC doomed to tweet helpless with "the bird".. continues on 8th)
    8th) if so called character is a LM it becomes a bush... inside Isendeep... bore to death lame player!!!
    9th) Remove RKS from game, i mean it.

    i should be Dev.
    [center][b][color=#00ffff]Nannu[/color][/b] *** [b][color=#FFFFF]Marzelo[/color][/b] *** [b][color=#00ffff]Persya[/color][/b][/center]
    [center][color=#FFFF00]S E X * S Y M B O L S[/color][/center]

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    Sadly, i have to agree with what Maggot & Rubble have said here..

    Ive seen solo Wardens hold a 12 man Craid at bay, seen RK's heal a 6 man f'ship vs a 24 man Creep raid and win, hunter and cappie Duo's make fools of creep groups, etc
    To say 'freeps' arent OP at the moment is to show ignorance, and quite possibly a lack of even knowing what freeps are capable of , especially when they can co-ordinate..
    Co-ordinating is where most freeps fall short.. To watch 24 man freep raids run from Grams to Lug back door when creeps get numbers and push ( picking off freeps 1 by 1, with their backs turned ) is hilarious really..and shows the mentality of most freeps (not all).. - not that freeps should be camping there anyway..
    There is very few freeps i have seen that actually heal effectively....some think they do...but really - they don't..
    Freeps always complain about creeps stacking heals..but really 1 RK can outheal 3 defilers easily..they just choose to DPS instead...And minstrels..geez...why choose to play a healing class if you never heal ? another example of the mentality of some freeps.
    Possibly the only freep class that should lose a 1v1 would be a hunter , but group that hunter with a rk/lm/cap/min and that Duo becomes quite formidable , and creeps NEED extra numbers to have ANY chance to get a kill..
    In saying that, it also needs to be noted, that there is a Massive difference between low ranked and high rank creeps of the same class...Even a solo hunter can kill 3 or 4 low ranked grouped creeps pretty easy , which is why low ranks need to wait for a creep leader to step up and help them..
    Until said creep leaders come on, low ranks just sit at grams and such and die when coming 1 metre too far outside their 1 shotters.. i see this all the time, and to me it seems as bad form as farming your own freaver train ( and probably just as boring ).
    Another thing i've noticed is freeps seem to fill raids with no real need...freeps map to GV and join raids without first asking if there is even creeps on...possibly to join friends, possibly to earn the extra points some other member of fraid earns..possibly a leftover from months ago when fraids were needed, i'm not sure..
    I could be wrong, but it seems if Shupth isn't on leading craids, the action is just...inaction..
    I'm glad the leaderboards have gone..it may change the mentality of peeps to where enjoyable fights are the name of the game, and not just a race to the next rank..

    To finish this off, i play a hunter ( often solo ) and have never had a craid NOT run over me...Often had 20 or more chase me all over the map ( led by Vet creeps - who will then even corpse jump once they kill me).
    It just encourages me to join unneeded fraids to do the same back and see how they like it..unfortunately the Vet creeps can't be found when the tables turn ... ( i have seen Shupth solo lately tho - which makes me think he is tired of leading )

    Wall of text over..
    Why do people feel the need to qualify agreeing with Rubble and Maggot, I don't get it.
    Last edited by Ghosttaker; Aug 06 2013 at 07:05 PM.


    Attended by Coldaen

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Why do people feel the need to validate agreeing with Rubble and Maggot, I don't get it.
    I agree with everything Avengingbananaslug said. Anyone that sexy has to be right.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    Sadly, i have to agree with what Maggot & Rubble have said here..

    Ive seen solo Wardens hold a 12 man Craid at bay, seen RK's heal a 6 man f'ship vs a 24 man Creep raid and win, hunter and cappie Duo's make fools of creep groups, etc
    These are extreme instances, I honestly don't think any of the above has ever happened unless all of the creeps involved were r3 and below.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    To say 'freeps' arent OP at the moment is to show ignorance, and quite possibly a lack of even knowing what freeps are capable of , especially when they can co-ordinate..
    Agreed to a point. I see poorly played RK's and Wardens fold like a house of cards out there every night. Well played freeps can be OP in the right hands, some skills are OP, water lore is OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    Co-ordinating is where most freeps fall short..
    I couldn't agree more. This is where drama begins. I want everyone I lead to have fun, each person's idea of what is fun does not necessarily coincide with winning. If a mini has more fun DPS'ing, then I feel it's not my place to tell them to change. Will it make the group more effective, yes, but at the same time it's always a balancing act, if I can talk an RK into healing - I lose that much DPS as well. Life is a trade-off.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    To watch 24 man freep raids run from Grams to Lug back door when creeps get numbers and push ( picking off freeps 1 by 1, with their backs turned ) is hilarious really..and shows the mentality of most freeps (not all).. - not that freeps should be camping there anyway..
    You lost me here. Creeps get numbers they should push - and roll everything they can.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    There is very few freeps i have seen that actually heal effectively....some think they do...but really - they don't..
    Yes, some heal really well. Morteth, Drail, Ershy, Alix, Esis, Mernervils, Eary, just to name a few have allowed me to live long enough to turn you into ash! Don't forget the really good cappies and the LM off-heals, I have restored 80% of a freep's morale at times if Beacon crits.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    Freeps always complain about creeps stacking heals..but really 1 RK can outheal 3 defilers easily..they just choose to DPS instead...And minstrels..geez...why choose to play a healing class if you never heal ? another example of the mentality of some freeps.
    What defilers do you play with. Completely inaccurate statement. a r5 Defiler can self-heal enough to create a stalemate situation with any 2 freeps.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    Possibly the only freep class that should lose a 1v1 would be a hunter , but group that hunter with a rk/lm/cap/min and that Duo becomes quite formidable , and creeps NEED extra numbers to have ANY chance to get a kill..
    Situational, at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    In saying that, it also needs to be noted, that there is a Massive difference between low ranked and high rank creeps of the same class...Even a solo hunter can kill 3 or 4 low ranked grouped creeps pretty easy , which is why low ranks need to wait for a creep leader to step up and help them..
    Again, we agree. Now you need to discuss drama and elitist behavior amongst the veterans on creepside that prevents noob creeps from playing more than one night in the moors and never coming back. No, not every new creep is a freep spy. Ok, while we are on the topic... I come to the moors for 3 hours a night (after my hateful job) to do one thing, and one thing only, kill creeps, so please, by all means invite spies, if it will get me a fight I am good with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    Until said creep leaders come on, low ranks just sit at grams and such and die when coming 1 metre too far outside their 1 shotters.. i see this all the time, and to me it seems as bad form as farming your own freaver train ( and probably just as boring ).
    2 separate concepts being discussed here. Grams camps are not 24/7, find another way out if someone camped you, Jasthir/Tiki/Bunkle camp gv incessantly, shame on any freep for dying more than once to him in the same place, the map is a big place, use it. Oh, and maps... MAP OUT, keep your group moving and you won't have to fight EVERY freep on the server that has ended up at grams because there is no other place to find creeps. I hate fighting the entire server's worth of creeps in one place, I move the fight, constantly moving, my groups know - Agility is key.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    Another thing i've noticed is freeps seem to fill raids with no real need...freeps map to GV and join raids without first asking if there is even creeps on...possibly to join friends, possibly to earn the extra points some other member of fraid earns..possibly a leftover from months ago when fraids were needed, i'm not sure..
    Completely 100% agree, freeps need to assess the situation before they just drop a generic "X" in OOC. I would assume the same applies on creepside, in fact, the whole "X" thing without asking started on creepside.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    I could be wrong, but it seems if Shupth isn't on leading craids, the action is just...inaction..
    Whose fault is that? How about you start leading. Please, never complain about the state of leadership if you are unwilling to lead, yourself. It's not nearly as easy as the best leaders make it look. If, and when you decide to lead - invite everyone, include the noobs, teach them, help them get maps and rank... today's r2 who you have to support might be next month's bubble that saves your butt.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    I'm glad the leaderboards have gone..it may change the mentality of peeps to where enjoyable fights are the name of the game, and not just a race to the next rank..
    I'm not glad. It was plain stupid. People play PvP for the challenge of more than silly, mindless AI that PvE presents. I love going up against the mind of another person who can rage, fear, desire to win or run... LOVE IT, and those leaderboards communicated a lot to me about who stuck with it, who farmed, who was concerned with stars and who wasn't. There was NO logic behind turning off a fully automated system that required NO HUMAN INTERACTION or cost other than the power to run the server. This was simply a move on turbine's part so they could squelch all the whining around farming, if I can't see who farmed likely I won't whine.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    To finish this off, i play a hunter ( often solo ) and have never had a craid NOT run over me...Often had 20 or more chase me all over the map ( led by Vet creeps - who will then even corpse jump once they kill me).
    Yep, welcome to the new age of dis-honor and zerging, so what, happens to us all. Its the system Turbine built, nobody's fault but that. Do you corpse-jump? I don't, I believe int he golden rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    It just encourages me to join unneeded fraids to do the same back and see how they like it..unfortunately the Vet creeps can't be found when the tables turn ... ( i have seen Shupth solo lately tho - which makes me think he is tired of leading )
    Completely agree, last night was a perfect example, I was in a group of 4 that got rolled REPEATEDLY, every time we engaged any creeps, even a group of 5 it was clear we were called out in OOC, every creep on the server would map in. We got a group of freeps organized, and in a long, hard fight won at old EC, after that most of the creeps were hiding or logged.
    Last edited by Irin19; Aug 06 2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling, content
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r9 (active) Mini

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bremen, Germany
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    What defilers do you play with. Completely inaccurate statement. a r5 Defiler can self-heal enough to create a stalemate situation with any 2 freeps.
    What freeps do you play with? I would be embarrassed if I could not kill a r5 defiler. Pro Quiet Knife burgs could solo defilers pre U10.

    -Malte
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    What freeps do you play with? I would be embarrassed if I could not kill a r5 defiler. Pro Quiet Knife burgs could solo defilers pre U10.

    -Malte
    Then I stand embarrassed. Clearly, you are pro, I am not. Then again, if this was the only fault you found with my wall of rebuttals I'll always take 90% accurate as a good thing.

    Oh, and "king of the soloers" quit leeching off the raids and really solo.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r9 (active) Mini

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload