We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 176 to 191 of 191
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestetute View Post
    You'd have to show me an SS. 13-15+ in the duration of the typical 30 or so second Reaver V hunter 1v1 is a real stretch. I can always remove a piece or two if you're willing.
    Dont agree. The SS showed 10 within 24 seconds. So we're only assume an extra 3-5 more then whats already. The assumption is you can spam more Pen, so if we continued that fight from 24 seconds to 30, and extra 6 seconds means 3 more pens could be used considering the average for Pen was 1 every ~2 seconds. Making new total of 13 Pen for that hunter. Very reasonable assumption, my only concern is a reaver being able to take that many Pens before dieing. I think a reaver taking over 17 could be impossible unless the Reaver heals himself.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    Do you understand the term, BURDEN OF PROOF? If my methodology is wrong because I havent provided proof, your assuming I have the BoP. Since I do not have BoP, your incorrect. And yes, a large majority of debates as based off BoP. Whoever has the BoP must provide evidence, while the opponent doesn't need to prove anything at all, until required.

    Your arguing my method, yet your point does not involve BoP, and you've tried to alter my analogy...big mistake. The purpose of analogy is to simplify a point by using a reference. You cannot alter my analogy by saying the wool is play style, thats a new analogy. For me to prove you have no foundation to argue this point, I can simply request proof wool equals play style. Since you cannot provide proof you claim is hollow.

    However im not claiming a negative, and my analogy of the wool was to explain how my points are affirming a positive. So in order to disprove my points, YOU have the BoP. Your arguing MY method of conversation and debating skills, however you've seriously missed the boat. You cannot jump into a debate half way and expect to understand the situation of the topic without actually reading. This is obviously, because IF you knew who had the BoP, you wouldnt disagree with my method.

    My position firstly doesnt hold the BoP, yet ive also used various ways to support my position: Logic (usable in all forms of debates), calculation, eye witnesses; from the entire community; biased for Pro; biased for Con; screenshots; video (which is why Arbitter must agree).
    All the above are acceptable forms, and since I dont have the BoP, I gain a massive advantage.
    For starters, your tirade about altering an analogy should actually be directed back at you since it was mine in the first place. The sheep are all mine. MINE MINE MINE Get your own group of animals.


    As for burden of proof, you were the first to introduce Pen Shot spam into the thread, so it is yours. I am not even going to argue this point because it is irrefutable. Do not try to spin it by saying it belongs to the first person that replied to your comment because everybody knows what you were claiming and you'll just embarass yourself. Your "baits" are not nearly as cleaver as you think (e.g. randomly mentioning Arbitter to get him to reply). People will pick and chose what they want to reply to based on their level of boredom.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...00#post6874200


    While it has given me great amusement that I have kept you replying to this thread for so long, I am growing weary of it. My argument this whole time is that one screenshot does not make fact. So let me ask you one simple question. It is a yes or no answer so I confident you can handle it even though you tend to be quite verbose. When analyzing a large population, will a sample size of one provide an accurate representation of the reality with a high degree of confidence?

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    As for burden of proof, you were the first to introduce Pen Shot spam into the thread, so it is yours.
    You jumped in so fast to prove me wrong, you forgot to wear your pants.

    Argumentum Ad Ignorantium. You should read up on it.

    Because ive mentioned something, you instantly think I have the BoP?
    This explains why you thought id respond saying whoever replies first has BoP. Sorry dudie, im not sure who is educating you, but BoP is actually based on reality, not some street yard banter. It's rooted in critical thinking and philosophy, in order to debate serious question in life.

    You've made a fatal error misunderstand the situation entirely. Fact: Hunters DO spam Pen. And since there isnt enough evidence to the contrary, ive simpled used Argumentum Ad Ignorantium.
    Last edited by lionoil; Aug 23 2013 at 09:09 AM.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    Your "baits" are not nearly as cleaver as you think (e.g. randomly mentioning Arbitter to get him to reply). People will pick and chose what they want to reply to based on their level of boredom.
    CLEAVER?

    cleav·er (klvr)
    1. A heavy, broad-bladed knife or hatchet used especially by butchers.
    2. Archaeology A bifacial core tool flaked to produce a straight sharp edge at one end.

    -----

    Your totally correct! My comments are not CLEAVER. But they are CLEVER !!!

    clev·er (klvr)
    adj. clev·er·er, clev·er·est
    1. Mentally quick and original; bright.

    ----

    Your trying to say my baits arent clever, by saying people choose not reply or not based on bordem. But they fact they did reply means it worked: that's to say lure you into a response. Since you responded MY BAIT worked. If I baited you into my bear trap and you say it was my choice to step there, it doesnt ignore the fact your standing on my trap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    When analyzing a large population, will a sample size of one provide an accurate representation of the reality with a high degree of confidence?
    Nope. Why im so glad I dont have the BoP!
    Last edited by lionoil; Aug 23 2013 at 09:13 AM.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    Your trying to say my baits arent clever, by proving they dont work. But they fact they did work, proves...your wrong if my intention was to bait: that's to say lure you into a response. Since you responded MY BAIT worked.
    LULZ. The only reason I got into it because everyone knows they can keep you going on and on and on and on and on and on about a topic and it has been slow at work. I need some amusement. If you ever need a job, consider US politics where you can be a professional in filibustering. You answered my question correctly and proved my point regardless of your attempts to spin it. Now shoo.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    LULZ. The only reason I got into it because everyone knows they can keep you going on and on and on and on and on and on about a topic and it has been slow at work. I need some amusement. If you ever need a job, consider US politics where you can be a professional in filibustering. You answered my question correctly and proved my point regardless of your attempts to spin it. Now shoo.
    Good bait, bad reply. Cleaver though.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    Good bait, bad reply. Cleaver though.


    .........

  8. #183
    Arbiter for prez!!!!!

    My president is black, his cloak is blue, an ill be goddamned but he pen spams too!
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    I've often wondered what Star Wars would look like if two groups of Stormtroopers suddenly turned on each other.
    After reading this hunter debate now I know. And knowing is half the battle.......
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  10. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by tkroll View Post
    I've often wondered what Star Wars would look like if two groups of Stormtroopers suddenly turned on each other.
    After reading this hunter debate now I know. And knowing is half the battle.......
    Wouldn't that be farming tho? Galactic code 35890-1A section G strictly forbids imperial members from farming under penalty of death.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    Wouldn't that be farming tho? Galactic code 35890-1A section G strictly forbids imperial members from farming under penalty of death.
    How could it be farming? Stormtroopers fighting eachother is like GIJOE and Cobra fighting in the cartoon. Nobody gets hit......
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  12. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestetute View Post
    You'd have to show me an SS. 13-15+ in the duration of the typical 30 or so second Reaver V hunter 1v1 is a real stretch. I can always remove a piece or two if you're willing.
    12 in 28.5 seconds for more than 75% of total damage done


    12 in 30.1 seconds for 60% of total damage done
    http://i39.tinypic.com/25imzd5.jpg

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddyfence View Post
    12 in 28.5 seconds for more than 75% of total damage done


    12 in 30.1 seconds for 60% of total damage done
    http://i39.tinypic.com/25imzd5.jpg
    Hmm, looks more like a private ANV and Antithesis party with poor Desolates left looking through the window from outside.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    @Hunter class this book.

    After studying my new main toon (hunter), I can safely say most players utterly butcher the true potential and complexity of the class. Although I dont have the ability to showcase what can be done this book on creeps (time, audacity, gear etc), rest assured it can be done right now. Ill look forward to showcasing this new style in HD.

    If players knew about it, they'd actually use it because you gain pros without cons because of skill, not gear. I know Galluf would absolutely love it, but I should probably TM the style first.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    Ill look forward to showcasing this new style in HD.
    When hunters can one shot creeps easily? Can't wait to see you in action.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    When hunters can one shot creeps easily? Can't wait to see you in action.
    So you think hunters atm cannot one shot creeps atm? Guess you've never witnessed the Rainithir effect.

    Hilarious you call it ez moding when a LM swaps to Hunter, guess you havent seen what blue line LMs can do in HD. Doesnt matter what class I play, you'll always be my fan girl.
    Btw: so glad you posted on E forums to give me more attention, so thoughtful.

 

 
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload