We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can you show us "No active lotteries" without login?

I sometimes just open up the lotteries page to see if one is up. Having to log in every time just to see that there is no lottery running is a bit of hassle.

I get it that you don't want the "remember login" feature anymore, but you could save the players some logins that way.

If it is technically possible, just display either "No active lotteries" or "There are lotteries running right now" on the "You need to log in" page.

I like that idea.

It could really use some UX improvement. Even to see if a lottery is available I have to:

1) Click on the lottery page and be told I have to log in first.
    2) Click the Log in button.
    3) Type in my information and log in.
    4) It takes me to my account page so I then have to click again on the lottery page.

When the forums are slow this takes minutes to do and is fairly discouraging.

It would be nice if the page that appears when you are not logged in would contain a list of all current lotteries, the restrictions for those lotteries and their prizes. Since there aren't normally that many lotteries running simultaneously, the list would be fairly short and would allow people to know at a glance whether it's worth logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    It would be nice if the page that appears when you are not logged in would contain a list of all current lotteries, the restrictions for those lotteries and their prizes. Since there aren't normally that many lotteries running simultaneously, the list would be fairly short and would allow people to know at a glance whether it's worth logging in.
    This would be nice =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Ok, that would be the ultra-comfort perfect solution. I would take it, but a simple "no active lotteries" signal would be sufficient. I rarely leave any lottery out anyway...

This would be very, very useful.

It literally takes me 3 minutes to sign in. I can't believe people say these forums are faster, they are as slow as the old ones, with the added benefit of being logged out (by design apparently) every 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    This would be very, very useful.

It literally takes me 3 minutes to sign in. I can't believe people say these forums are faster, they are as slow as the old ones, with the added benefit of being logged out (by design apparently) every 45 minutes.
    I can't tell you why it is slow for you, but it really is much, much faster than the old site.

You are, however, correct about the irritation of the 45 minute timeout, although that can be side-stepped using an auto-refresher.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

Sapience, if it is not too much of a hassle (I know there are more pressing current matters underway...) I would very much appreciate if you could find out for us if this is even possible.