We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Internet Explorer 10 - 'browser is out of date'

Hey folks -

Every time I connect to the site there is a big warning bar on the top (well, two bars actually) that say "We have detected that your browser is out of date. Please upgrade to the latest version to ensure the proper experience." I also experience a number of formatting errors - such as windows that are obscured, links that are hidden behind images, and things that generally indicate that my browser is not correctly interpreting the site. I have checked and double checked that I have the most current version of IE 10 installed.

Any tips on what might be causing this? Perhaps some setting I can change?

Thanks!

Use Chrome or Firefox? Better browsers anyway.
    Server/Kinship: Windfola / Dawning Eclipse
    Sparthir - Champion Sparcastor - Loremaster Sparcure - Minstrel Sparshadow - Burglar Spardor - Guardian
    Sparcap - Captain Spartavian - Champion Spararrow - Hunter Sparden - Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Sparthir View Post
    Use Chrome or Firefox? Better browsers anyway.
    They are not.

To the OP, try clearing out all history, cookies and temporary files from IE.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    They are not.

They are all around better than IE 10. I would suggest looking seriously at them. IE has been getting better but it still hasn't quite made the same progress.
    Server/Kinship: Windfola / Dawning Eclipse
    Sparthir - Champion Sparcastor - Loremaster Sparcure - Minstrel Sparshadow - Burglar Spardor - Guardian
    Sparcap - Captain Spartavian - Champion Spararrow - Hunter Sparden - Warden

They are all around better than IE 10. I would suggest looking seriously at them. IE has been getting better but it still hasn't quite made the same progress.
    Wrong again I'm afraid. You need to try looking at the tests and comparisons done by independent reviewers.

IE 10 is way ahead.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

They are all around better than IE 10.
    IE 10 is a perfectly fine browser, essentially on par in both features and speed with the others for any typical user. I actually like it better than FireFox (gasp!), which is my 3rd choice (behind Chrome and IE10). But all three are quite good IMO, something which could not be said about IE8 or earlier. IE10 is better than Chrome or FF in terms of warning people about phishing scams, something that's a good deal for my wife (who uses it on her laptop). It also doesn't drop a new build on you every other week, with complaints about incompatible plug-ins, etc.

One problem IE has had recently is actually its efforts to become more standards-compliant. That's obviously a good thing in the long term, but lots of web sites and web development frameworks were designed with work-arounds for the areas where older versions of IE didn't behave properly or didn't support (or fully support) established standards. And once those are fixed... those web sites may not work properly any more. The product I work on had dozens of defects with IE10 for exactly that reason - we were using versions of jQuery and ExtJS that were released before IE10 existed, and they had problems with IE10 behaving better... the "adjustments" they were making were actually breaking things now.

They all have their problems, of course. My favorite (Chrome) is a memory hog, starting up a different (and often 50-120MB) process for each tab you open. I don't really care with 16GB of memory, but it's more of an issue for my wife's old laptop, which only has 4GB. She likes to have lots of tabs open, and Chrome can consume close to 2GB all by itself for her.

Khafar

They are not.

This worked. Thanks

They are not.

Yes, it worked like a charm. Thanks both to you and the OP for solving this.