We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

LOTRO Forums now Mobile Friendly

Didn't think we were going to get this in this soon, but as of now you can now use a mobile theme on your smart phone or other device. You'll need to log in from the regular pages, but you can then select the mobile theme and view the forums like so...

This is great. Thanks for getting this much earlier than anticipated. Much easier to read now.

Edit: if anyone needs a reason why signature images are limited to 350 pixels width then look at the forums with a mobile device. 350 looks perfect on this nexus 4.
    Last edited by monk_tbd; Aug 02 2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: had to add a bit

Apparently it does not like Android/Mobile Chrome

We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    It is also not loading the CSS for the site.

(Cookies are also enabled)
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

How do I change the theme to mobile? I looked under my Profile, General Settings, I may be overlooking it (wouldn't be the first time!). Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found it at the bottom of the page while in this thread... For some reason, on my phone, I see a box with the text for UndergroundStyle, but no name over the box.
    Jacobar (95 Burglar) Eryendil (90 Minstrel) Justinius (90 ish Captain) of Ring Guard of Rivendell

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    Apparently it does not like Android/Mobile Chrome.
    I had the same problem yesterday but at one out it did work. I don't know what made it work though. I did not do much besides reopening chrome a bit later. I had certificate problems as well but they are gone too now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryendil View Post
    How do I change the theme to mobile? I looked under my Profile, General Settings, I may be overlooking it (wouldn't be the first time!). Thanks.
    Bottom right of the forums. There is a drop down selector for the theme. Took me a minute to find as well.

Quote Originally Posted by monk_tbd View Post
    I had the same problem yesterday but at one out it did work. I don't know what made it work though. I did not do much besides reopening chrome a bit later. I had certificate problems as well but they are gone too now.
    Figured it out.

You have to go to lotro.com and login first, then access the forums. Then scroll to the bottom and change the theme to the mobile version.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.

Works on my Nexus 7 with Chrome, once I found the style picker.

I'll stick to browsing forums on my computer, though, just easier for me personally.
    R.I.P. Big E

I prefer Tapatalk to even using a desktop but this theme will work nicely. It doesn't hurt my head like the dark standard themes do.

Apparently it does not like Android/Mobile Chrome

It is also not loading the CSS for the site.

(Cookies are also enabled)
    Same issue for me. Chrome 28.0.1500.94, Android 4.2.1 on a Galaxy Nexus.

edit: what this dude said fixed it:

Figured it out.

You have to go to lotro.com and login first, then access the forums. Then scroll to the bottom and change the theme to the mobile version.
    Now that it's working for me, the mobile theme is great. Thanks!
    Last edited by pantsparty; Aug 05 2013 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGateTT View Post
    Wow.....forums on mobile, this is great.

FIX THE TRANSFERS ALREADY. Give people what they really need and not another !@#$
    You need to calm down. First of all, they're already working on it. They posted an update on it like a week ago. It's becoming fully automated. Secondly, the people that mess with the forums are not the same people that mess with your character transfers. Web design =/= game coding.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Thanks, Turbine, for providing the mobile site so quickly. Personally I find it easier to read and I thank you.

But (there's always a but....)

I seem to have lost the menu functionality at the top. Mostly that doesn't bother me but I do miss the Dev Tracker button. Is this WAI and if so would it be possible to get some menu functionality back?
    Jobbing musician that resides in Bree. Frequenter of Taverns and places of ill repute

SECURITY WARNING: there are problems with the security certificate for this site. [x] this certificate is not from a trusted authority. [continue] [view certificate] [cancel]
    doesn't matter what browser i use on my droid 3: default, firefox, dolphin... none of them will let me even view the login page...

followed immediately by [data connectivity problem] after clicking [continue]
    Last edited by Forgotten_Legend; Aug 05 2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Thanks, Sapience! Was away for a long weekend in Canada and just noticed this and felt I should comment since I started the original thread!

Nice to see, now off to check it out.

*sent from my PC, not my iPhone...
    Krysfaerun (100 Minstrel), Wyrana (100 Guardian), Krysfrune (100 Rune-Keeper), Voxmoney (32 Warden), Merrykrysmas (38 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Krysbruin (61 Beorning) - Hammer of Wrath
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post
    doesn't matter what browser i use on my droid 3: default, firefox, dolphin... none of them will let me even view the login page...

followed immediately by [data connectivity problem] after clicking [continue]
    Same problem here.

Can't seem to log in or access the forum no matter what I do
    Addramir Hadorr of Gondor - Level 65 Champion - Guardians of the Light - Eldar

Wow, what a nice surprise! The mobile view is working great on my Galaxy S3 running Chrome browser! Posted from my mobile!

Nice work devs!!

Dev tracker and New posts for mobile skin

I haven't been able to work out the UI elements in the mobile skin for Dev Tracker or New Posts, my two favorite features from the regular skin.

How do I access these? Or,
    Will these be implemented?

Thanks,
    Gloimli @ Windfola
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000011089b/signature.png]Gloimli[/charsig]