We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1

    New Forums incompatible with FireFox?

    I'm forced to post this on IE since I cannot get the site to work on my FireFox.

    I try to load the new forums on Firefox and I get a warning telling me that the site is untrusted and it will not let me access the forums. Is there a way around this?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlor View Post
    I'm forced to post this on IE since I cannot get the site to work on my FireFox.

    I try to load the new forums on Firefox and I get a warning telling me that the site is untrusted and it will not let me access the forums. Is there a way around this?
    Nearly everyone here uses either Fireox (22.0 in my case) or Chrome. Haven't heard anyone report this issue from this side.

  3. #3
    It sounds like you may need to run some updates on your PC, because if the cert isn't trusted, something's up with your certificate store. Try running a Windows update to be safe.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    619
    The new site works fine for me on Firefox.
    [color=purple]Cefely Elenhilde of Rivendell, lvl 85 Hunter;[/color][color=turquoise] Nenriel Lirulind of Lorien, lvl 85 Minstrel;[/color][color=hotpink] Cherrie Berry of the Fallohides, lvl 85 Burglar;[/color][color=green] Harloe Palohelm of Rohan, lvl 85 Warden;[/color][color=red] Ayan Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 85 Captain;[/color][color=yellow] Onja Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 83 Champion[/color]
    [color=cyan]Leader of founding Kinship Elenhilde on Meneldor[/color]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal, USA
    Posts
    6,286
    What made it work for me on Firefox was clearing Firefox's cache (not cookies/history, but cache, to be clear). Haven't had an issue since. If that does not work, be sure to update Firefox as well as Windows, or check to see if they need them.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

  6. #6
    I'm having the same issue running Chrome on my iPad. When I switch to Safari, it works just fine, but Chrome will not allow me to log in, or to access the forum section due to the certificate.

    UPDATE: Ok, never mind. It started working now in Chrome. Not sure why, since nothing changed on my end, but it works now.
    Last edited by Caffeinatedlife; Aug 02 2013 at 08:33 PM.

  7. #7
    Ok, Windows is up to date, Firefox is 22.0, I've checked my computer for viruses and malware. Zilch. Turned off firewall, virus checker and addons. Date and time are correct, cleared cache and history and I still cannot access the forums with FF. I've downloaded Opera, and I can now access them. :/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    467
    I have no issues on my work laptop, but once I switch to my home desktop, I do.

    Last edited by Deusdictum; Aug 02 2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Deus

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    345
    I have absolutely no problems with Firefox. Currently I'm running 22.0 Mozilla Firefox EU - euballot 1.1
    No idea if the EU addition would make any difference, but I thought I'd give the information

    Good luck!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,019
    There's something wrong with your firefox. The "show certificate" button is missing.
    [/URL]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,120
    My only issue is having to log in over and over and over every visit.

    Depending on your settings, you may want to force new info from the database here - I think CTRL+F5 could do the trick, but as stated above no real problems in general using firefox... Did you fix the certificate thing? I did not have to do that myself, so I agree it's a bit odd.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    My only issue is having to log in over and over and over every visit.
    Me too, I get logged out everytime I navigate to something else.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    For Firefox, isn't there an option that says "I understand the risks, take me there anyway"? If most others aren't having a problem with the site, it's like a 99% safe bet that it's safe to go to the site even with the "risks".

  14. #14
    Having checked an old version of firefox (12.0) it does indeed complain about the certificate.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    For Firefox, isn't there an option that says "I understand the risks, take me there anyway"? If most others aren't having a problem with the site, it's like a 99% safe bet that it's safe to go to the site even with the "risks".
    Yes and I've tried that. I tried adding a exception for the site but it does absolutely nothing. (Not that I can tell anyhow.)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrundir View Post
    There's something wrong with your firefox. The "show certificate" button is missing.
    There is no "View Certificate" button, because my browser doesn't think it's getting one from the website. When I'm in Gmail, I can view the certificate just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlepp View Post
    Having checked an old version of firefox (12.0) it does indeed complain about the certificate.
    I'm using v22. Windows is not reporting any necessary updates. I've cleared the cache. Still no joy.
    Deus

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    47
    I encountered the exact same problem in FF 22.0 on a Linux PC.
    It worked fine in other browsers on the same machine, no problem in FF 22.0 on various other PCs running Windows.

    From other people's reports I'd say it's not OS-specific, though.
    using [Gold Dye] on spam does not improve its taste

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Myself and two other people I know have all had problems seeing the forums with FireFox on Windows. For me, FF did not work at all - and then for some reason started working. Don't let anyone blame you for this.

    Clearly they did not test the forums on different systems. Saying it works on staff PCs which all have the same configurations - has nothing at all to do with good QA work. Testing a webpage means making sure it works on several different common systems and browsers. They obviously did not do this.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    455
    I'm going to suggest this, even though it has probably already been thought of, but if you're having trouble with Firefox, have you tried disabling all of your add-ons and seeing if one (or more) of them is causing the problem? If disabling them all works, then you can turn them back on one at a time to find the problem child(ren).

    Just a thought, I'm able to see the forums on two different PCs running Windows 7 with Firefox.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragekiss View Post
    Myself and two other people I know have all had problems seeing the forums with FireFox on Windows. For me, FF did not work at all - and then for some reason started working. Don't let anyone blame you for this.

    Clearly they did not test the forums on different systems. Saying it works on staff PCs which all have the same configurations - has nothing at all to do with good QA work. Testing a webpage means making sure it works on several different common systems and browsers. They obviously did not do this.
    Or maybe they did test with Firefox and like many other users using Firefox also encountered no problems.
    I've worked in tech support before, and I learned several things. One of the major ones is that things break, often for no reason. It's impossible to test every little configuration change users might have used. For all they know, some plugin that maybe 100 Firefox users total use breaks something on their site. How would they check that, short of testing every available plugin in every available combination? And if you want that, how do you expect them to come out with an update before 2017, much less in four days?

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    I'm going to suggest this, even though it has probably already been thought of, but if you're having trouble with Firefox, have you tried disabling all of your add-ons and seeing if one (or more) of them is causing the problem? If disabling them all works, then you can turn them back on one at a time to find the problem child(ren).

    Just a thought, I'm able to see the forums on two different PCs running Windows 7 with Firefox.
    I refer you to my post #7.

    Ok, Windows is up to date, Firefox is 22.0, I've checked my computer for viruses and malware. Zilch. Turned off firewall, virus checker and addons. Date and time are correct, cleared cache and history and I still cannot access the forums with FF. I've downloaded Opera, and I can now access them. :/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    170
    That is really strange, because I use FF (version 22.0 running on a Windows 7 PC) and can access the forums without issue. My only idea would be to try to install the certificate on your computer so that the issue wouldn't occur again...if that's possible, that is.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Eolynde View Post
    That is really strange, because I use FF (version 22.0 running on a Windows 7 PC) and can access the forums without issue. My only idea would be to try to install the certificate on your computer so that the issue wouldn't occur again...if that's possible, that is.
    And how would one go about doing that?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,688
    If you're having problems with certificates...ensure the date/time on your machine are correct.


    The forums are quite warped looking for me on FF, but work fine on Chrome. I'm told I don't have cookies enabled on FF, but I most certainly do, and I am using the latest version (22.0). I've tried clearing my browser data to no avail. Dunno.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    I'm going to suggest this, even though it has probably already been thought of, but if you're having trouble with Firefox, have you tried disabling all of your add-ons and seeing if one (or more) of them is causing the problem? If disabling them all works, then you can turn them back on one at a time to find the problem child(ren).

    Just a thought, I'm able to see the forums on two different PCs running Windows 7 with Firefox.
    I tried it with all add-ons and extensions disabled. It did not make any difference.
    Deus

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload