We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

New Forums incompatible with FireFox?

I'm forced to post this on IE since I cannot get the site to work on my FireFox.

I try to load the new forums on Firefox and I get a warning telling me that the site is untrusted and it will not let me access the forums. Is there a way around this?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlor View Post
    I'm forced to post this on IE since I cannot get the site to work on my FireFox.

I try to load the new forums on Firefox and I get a warning telling me that the site is untrusted and it will not let me access the forums. Is there a way around this?
    Nearly everyone here uses either Fireox (22.0 in my case) or Chrome. Haven't heard anyone report this issue from this side.

It sounds like you may need to run some updates on your PC, because if the cert isn't trusted, something's up with your certificate store. Try running a Windows update to be safe.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000034b8c/signature.png]Mabedhad[/charsig]
    [b]Ulthril[/b] - 85 RK
    [URL="http://www.caughtwhitehanded.com"]CWH Website[/URL][/center]

The new site works fine for me on Firefox.
    [color=purple]Cefely Elenhilde of Rivendell, lvl 85 Hunter;[/color][color=turquoise] Nenriel Lirulind of Lorien, lvl 85 Minstrel;[/color][color=hotpink] Cherrie Berry of the Fallohides, lvl 85 Burglar;[/color][color=green] Harloe Palohelm of Rohan, lvl 85 Warden;[/color][color=red] Ayan Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 85 Captain;[/color][color=yellow] Onja Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 83 Champion[/color]
    [color=cyan]Leader of founding Kinship Elenhilde on Meneldor[/color]

What made it work for me on Firefox was clearing Firefox's cache (not cookies/history, but cache, to be clear). Haven't had an issue since. If that does not work, be sure to update Firefox as well as Windows, or check to see if they need them.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I'm having the same issue running Chrome on my iPad. When I switch to Safari, it works just fine, but Chrome will not allow me to log in, or to access the forum section due to the certificate.

UPDATE: Ok, never mind. It started working now in Chrome. Not sure why, since nothing changed on my end, but it works now.
    Last edited by Caffeinatedlife; Aug 02 2013 at 07:33 PM.
    Caffain - 100 Warden || Caffonin - 100 Runekeeper || Caffanis - 100 Beorning
    Caffuin - 100 Champion || Caffric - 75 Burglar (retired)
    Caffeldril - 100 Loremaster || Caff - 68 Hunter (retired)
    Caffendil - 85 Captain (retired) || Proud residents of the Crickhollow server