We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fellow Lore-masters!!! Help me build the Great SI thread!

Hello fellow masters of Lore!
    After all my years playing Lotro (founder/lifer), I have finally took a LM to max level and having a blast so far.
    So to further my knowledge and in hopes of becoming all i can be, im looking for advice from all you vets out there.
    Running group content , i have no problem with stun immunity duty, i just whant to use it wisely, so that I am not spamming it the entire time .
    For example

Sammmy run: I cast it as we head down the firs halll and second where gaunt warcallers(IIRC their names) are.
    Bells: i believe its only the first boss who stuns
    School: Last boss?
    BfE: Tanks! whole time
    FLM: if im the only one i concentrate on keeping it up on Tanks and Healers

there are so many more instances out there!!
    and i hope you can all share your thoughts with me, to build this up for me and all other LMs, to be more prepared come group time!

I've had my LM capped for a week now. The easiest way to have an eye on SI for fellows, is to to turn off dispellable statuses and turn on statuses cast by yourself. This way I can easily hover over the SI on any fellow and check the remaining time,and cast it again if necessary. It also helps to remove wounds/diseases, if you haven't traited it.
    Siggy

I have had my Loremaster for 4 years now. Si should be kept on tanks, healers and yourself at all time.
    BFE: Tanks and healers, or in my kins case no one (First person hit pays the repair bill)
    FLM: You should not even think about dps everyone gets SI and debuff, debuff, debuff!
    Everythings else: Depends o your group and how much they care
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000138081/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jousimies View Post
    I've had my LM capped for a week now. The easiest way to have an eye on SI for fellows, is to to turn off dispellable statuses and turn on statuses cast by yourself. This way I can easily hover over the SI on any fellow and check the remaining time,and cast it again if necessary. It also helps to remove wounds/diseases, if you haven't traited it.
    This is the way I keep SI in my fellow active as well.
    Sometimes in BOE a fs-member is a bit sloppy with positioning with the catapults. So he/she/those members get SI as well as the tanks, healers and myself.
    [center][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6524/m9jv.jpg[/img][/center]

I keep SI on tanks all the time, unless i know 100% sure that instance has completely no stuns. Healers SI if needed, mostly needed only if tank looses some mobs or if instance has such mechanics. If unsure SI both heal and tank, at least you won't get yelled at.

And keep an eye on every stun, silence, disease and wound that pops up in fellows panel. If tank or heal gets silence, remove it with the SI skill. They just might have pots on cooldown and their action is most important, so lets help them. If heal gets stun, remove it at the very second. If you have time, remove stuns from dps as they pop up, mostly there isn't dire need to continuously SI dps toons. Of course there are exceptions, like getting stun in dale or BfE while standing on a bad spot. Waking any toon up so they can run to safety is good thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayburn View Post
    If heal gets stun, remove it at the very second. If you have time, remove stuns from dps as they pop up

100% agreed. For this reason alone, making *yourself* stun immune is a high priority. If the whole fellow/raid gets stunned, but you are still standing, you can at least remove the stun from high priority members. DPS don't really need it, but dispel stuns when you see them pop up, provided you have nothing better to do. Don't SI champs, they can wake themselves up

Make sure you have the +30 second sign of power duration legacy - this will make sure you have 1 minute of SI, or 1.5 minutes when traited Dunadan Learning.

When to trait Dunadan Learning? It depends on how many people need SI, versus how many other things you need to do in run. For BfE, I will always trait it, since you want to try keeping the whole group stun immune. For Bells first boss, I will sometimes trait it - even though its only a 6 man, I find there are so many other things you need to handle (dps, debuff, cc archers) - the extra duration is helpful.

If you are unsure, I'd try traiting it until you find yourself comfortable with where SI is required.

A few for the knowledge base off the top of my head:

• Stoneheight - last boss(es)
    • Isenguard - Fire & Frost wing, Saruman, OD - Wound wing - missing pots will cause a stun. Ideally SI not required, but worth putting on tank & heals in these runs.
    • Lost Temple - similar, there is a disease that slows people down, but if they pot it they get stunned. Pop SI on them and let them know they can pot safely.
    • Skirmishes - various lieutenants can stun, see http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Skirmish_Lieutenants . Typically remove stuns as they appear rather than preemptively applying for immunity
    Last edited by Toreldor; Aug 05 2013 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreldor View Post
    A few for the knowledge base off the top of my head:

• Isenguard - Fire & Frost wing, Saruman, OD - Wound wing - missing pots will cause a stun. Ideally SI not required, but worth putting on tank & heals in these runs.
    It is almost whole Isengard. because of strategies some of stuns may not appear but they are there. The Boss in lighting wing can stun. The adds in acid wing can stun. Maybe only shadow wing has nothing with stun.
    OD - also disease wing, Ivar and Gortheron.
    BG - there only against storm guards, guards with mace and wargs.
    Rift - maybe more than halfe of instance (hey wait, is there someone who still run this?)
    Helegrod - giant wing and Thorog
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes