We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry I hate this LI system!

I will try to be short.

Another expansion is coming, and I love it! I wanna have some more quests and level my toon again... it is awesome. But the LI system is just non-sense, I know the work I had to build my weapons... it was a lot of effort to do that and in some 2-3 months maybe, and it is all useless again... come on! I spent a lot of time.. so many months to finally play with good LEGENDARY items, and now it is all lost! And for the RPG proposits it makes no sense too.. It is like you take Excalibur away from King Arthur or to take Sting away from Frodo..

"Heh Frodo, Sting is no more that good sword... it will not hurt these new orcs coming, I am sorry.."

Or Merlin telling Arthur:

"Arthur, Excalibur now is just meh... but here! take Excalibur #2 this is great!"

It is not fun! It is just one more thing that we have to farm and grind in the game for months!!!

Then one just say: "If you dont like it, dont u worry 'bout it, man." But I tell you, if you dont have a great set of LIs you are out of all PuG raids, that are now already realy scarce btw.. GLFF have like 90 people on... and IF is useless to FIND people to run instances...
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?

The OP is right. Every time a level cap increase happens our LI become useless after a few levels. It would be nice if they actually did as what was hinted at during Moria release and that is to level up with us! This is the part of the game that is most frustrating to me. But it is a money maker for them (the scrolls and legacies can all be bought from the store) and so I highly doubt if they will change. I remember the first time I had to deconstruct my 1st age bow because I could use a 3rd age that had more DPS. It was a sad moment for me and the start of bitterness toward LI! Nothing worse then a bitter Elf.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?
    This made me laugh.

I disagree with this post in every way.

If you can just upgrade your LI with new content, the only thing left to grind for is jewelry and armour, the whole point of a level cap increase is to keep customer's playing for another year till the next content expansion. LIs do a lot to facilitate that, and it appropriately rewards customer dedication to the game by giving them an edge over players who don't play often enough.

Now, Rohan made 1st ages easy to achieve, I just hope they return first ages to their rightful place and make them tier 2 raid-only accessible without barter.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

And how is this useful to the current topic. If you don't like "gloom and doom" then don't comment on the topic.

To the OP, I know how hard (or actually, how long in time) it can take yo upgrade your LI's. I just got my first Second Age weapons ever! lol

That said, and with really no good insights about the LI system, I think that at least that the functions of the Forge and Relic masters could be improved (why have 2 npc's anyway, instead of the same one?).

Specially the part concerning to relic combination, that gets quite expensive the higher the tier and lacks an appropriate "(Auto) combine All" option for each tier, taking into consideration the amount of relics you can find everywhere.
    Last edited by Cazthelm; Aug 02 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Staying true to your nick would have avoided being the laughing stock, pal. Where have you been since the LI inception? Slept under a rock, have you?

SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

Like the rest of the game now it's just a boring grind to encourage you to spend more money on the store. It's all a case of greed destroying a once good game.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    The OP is right. Every time a level cap increase happens our LI become useless after a few levels. It would be nice if they actually did as what was hinted at during Moria release and that is to level up with us! This is the part of the game that is most frustrating to me. But it is a money maker for them (the scrolls and legacies can all be bought from the store) and so I highly doubt if they will change. I remember the first time I had to deconstruct my 1st age bow because I could use a 3rd age that had more DPS. It was a sad moment for me and the start of bitterness toward LI! Nothing worse then a bitter Elf.
    While I'm not thrilled with the LI situation (and it has stifled my desire to make raid ready alts), it isn't a "few levels". Given how easy landscape is, good LIs will last you 10 levels to the next cap. I did this from 65-75 and 75-85 with a combination of first and second age items and didn't notice any issues whatsoever. Unless they change things, I expect my level 85 LIs to get me to 90/95 (whatever the helms deep cap is).

Once you start raiding or grouping, yes, you need to replace the LIs. And for me the silly part of the replacements is I generally want exactly the same legacies/etc, so it is mostly a pointless feeling grind. Yes, grinds are needed to give people who play lots of hours something to do, but I like the feel of the LI grind much less than the general equipment grind for whatever reason, mostly because I basically end up with something very similar to what I started with.

I really wish they would've revamped the LI system for Helm's Deep instead of revamping the classes. I've said it before, the LI system has absolutely killed alts for me as far as group content goes. I've gotten only two characters T1 raid ready for RoR because of the LI system. None are T2 ready, nor will I ever have any characters geared well enough for T2 because of the current system.

Having been on the LI treadmill many, many times before, I've decided to jump off and stay off. Each of my toons gets a second ager because I can make it myself. But no scrolls of empowerment or delving unless they fall into my lap. No crystals of remembrance or starlit crystals. No special relics. I'm done.

It's a good thing you don't need a good LI for landscape content. You could probably equip a butter knife and frying pan and get by.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

I don't know why they just don't make a "level & age " stone that could be inserted and replaced.

My current level "stone" would be currently a 2nd age level 85. As one does landscape quests, maybe one finds a slightly higher gem- possibly a 3rd age 88 as an example. Then at next level cap it could be a drop like the current symbols are from instances, or bartered at a camp.

This would at least remove the grind of keeping legacies.

One would still want to upgrade settings, gems, relics etc. as higher levels become available.

I don't think Turbine would loose much in relic removal scroll sales. Those things are pretty easy to get (~20-30 gold on AH).

I'm sure there are some loose ends in the above, but its a starting point.

it's a huge meaty time sink with customization for your play style.

isn't that what mmo's are all about these days

ok lets look at the future. class revamps. I'm sure they will break many legacies by changing skills in the revamp so I really wouldn't be surprised if they revised the LI system too. tbh, I counting on it. I absolutly had that some classes your very happy to just have 2 LI's, yet tanks and healers need multiple sets. I would like it so everyone did ^_^

again, it's a meaty time sink. they want you to waste time doing it. it's a form a crafting we all have to do. it's also a nice change from constantly fighting.

not saying the systems perfect but it needs to stay time sinky and boring to contrast other parts of the game.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

I have to agree. It's only reason why taking alts through Rohan was painful for me. Just too much grind. Almost can't take it anymore. Must take long breaks to even cope with it. Huge interest-killer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

One thing that would help (at least a little bit) would be the ability to use a symbol of celebrimbor/the elder king to increase the level of a particular legendary item. For instance, if I have a level 85 Second Age sword, and the level cap is now 95, instead of destroying that level 85 SA, I should be able to upgrade it with a level 95 symbol of celebrimbor to a level 95 SA - leaving it the same item essentially. This would avoid the annoyingly lame situation of destroying a perfectly good weapon for something "better" - after all, Frodo never did that with Sting. It would have the trade-off of losing all item experience, but you would keep your legacies and relics that the item had.

Pretty much everyone knows that I am one of the biggest fanboys here, and I hate the LI system. Just the thought of deconnning, merging and retraiting after every major update.

I hate it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

It definitely is frustrating. And worse, boring. Like, I don't get attached to my Legendaries.
    Why would I? They'll be gone in 10 levels. And all the strain and effort that went into them will be
    utterly lost. It'd be nice if you at least got a better payoff from them when you deconstruct them than
    what we do get.

I'd love a permanent set of Legendaries that level up with you. I'd love if it worked something like the
    warsteeds do. Those are going to stay with us and level with us, aren't they? I've got a nice second age
    bridle, and I don't see myself getting rid of it on the next level-cap increase. I wonder how/if they're
    going to do anything to motivate us to work on a new Bridle.

Alls I know is the current system sucks. Too much grind, plain and simple.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000046ddaa/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Lol, I don't think I even have a bridle equipped on any of my warsteeds. They took two game mechanics that I absolutely abhor: LIs and mounted combat, and combined them to make the Legendary Bridle. pffft.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

So you hate having your LI's go away every time the content level changes? So do I. I put up with it from 50 to 75 but I decided after that my Legendary Items would become truly Legendary. How did I accomplish this feat?

I re-rolled a hunter and capped his level at 60. I ran Filikul until I had several level 60 1st Age weapons. I ran scalable instances at 60 until I had a lot of very good 2nd Age teal gear. Along the way I picked up some 1st Age orange gear as well.

My hunter is now Legendary and will never have to grind gear, rep or anything else in order for me to feel the power in being Legendary. The price he pays is that he is only able to compete in scalable content and instances that a 60 is allowed into. It's a small price to pay given the quality of recent content.

So make your own Legendary character and gear him once to play him forever. it's the only way to make things like my hunter's axe Sniggleburk feel truly Legendary.

In truth, the LI system has been a letdown since it was introduced, and the revamps have done nothing to deal with its core flaws. The game uses trait based systems that would work better, but they keep the grind--reset pattern that has been going since Moria. Its the only game mechanic that has single-handedly caused me to take a break from the game.

As has been mentioned above, for most content, an upgrade is barely needed these days. A level 75 weapon is good enough for most lvl 85 content (still using a 1st age 75 staff that is more than good enough), and the upgrade between lvl 75 and 85 class items is small considering the grind needed to get them built.

Overall, I've assumed you have 3 options:

Step outside the system altogether

accept the grind in full

pick a point of 'good enough' with LIs, build then that far and accept they are disposable.

Im sorry but I disagree I love the LI system

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    One thing that would help (at least a little bit) would be the ability to use a symbol of celebrimbor/the elder king to increase the level of a particular legendary item. For instance, if I have a level 85 Second Age sword, and the level cap is now 95, instead of destroying that level 85 SA, I should be able to upgrade it with a level 95 symbol of celebrimbor to a level 95 SA - leaving it the same item essentially. This would avoid the annoyingly lame situation of destroying a perfectly good weapon for something "better" - after all, Frodo never did that with Sting. It would have the trade-off of losing all item experience, but you would keep your legacies and relics that the item had.
    This ^

Man, this is a great solution! If only Turbine Devs give some atention to us and read this... but I really doubt it! They dont even answer tickets now a days...

but yeah, would they implemented something like your suggestion, or let the legendary item level with our toons... It is very sad that they need to make the game so lame to be able to make money =/
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Elagol View Post
    Im sorry but I disagree I love the LI system
    Elagol
    Just Got Here

You might be new, as it is stated under your nick... I used to love it too back then Moria and Mirkwood lol

ive just skipped a LI level cap and hold out until the next one, i got a level 60 bow i waited until i made a level 75 second age, and i maxed it right as i got it and ill keep it until a level 95 bow. Even using low level 3rd age bows im good enough to deal plenty of damage still to not have to get level 85. ill just keep one in inventory so i may deconastruct for the exp as i quest. ive always leveled my LI pretty fast.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

I hope they modernise the game, including the LI system. I really liked it during Moria but I think the game is suffering from it having a very old design philosophy in general.

I think Legendary system should have revolved around an artifact or heirloom or something of cultural significance which is the basis of your legendary item and that item itself never changes, it is just reforged and upgraded from tier to tier. I think instead of first, second and third age weapons dropping of various levels there should just be a component that drops that is part of reforging LIs and contributes to LI weapon dps, so if you had a previous maximum level 1st age component then finding a new maximum level third age component would be a small upgrade over what you had.

I still think LI should be about improvement rather than waste management, which is how it seems, just seems you have a legendary item factory mass producing parts for a space station rather a sword.

On the topic of grind, I think the need to reduce the LI grind by about 80% and look at expanding character development instead. I think people enjoy more getting more levels with their characters, becoming stronger, getting new abilities.

I think Turbine needs to be brave and has to dedicate the next expansion to a major overhaul of the game system, need to radically overhaul classes, make them a lot more customisable, make crafting far more important to the game, create a lot more sandbox elements with players having a lot more scope to create content.

I think the game has become too instance focused and too dependant on developer content. I find it harder to keep coming back despite wanting to be here, most of the time i just chill in Bree or hang around the Shire. It would be cool if living in the game was playing the game rather than having to take a particular story path and run instanced content. I think if Sony can pull off Everquest Next like they are currently describing it then I think I will be difficult to come back. I just wish that type of development was going into a Tolkien based world instead.

i dont mind changes to the legendary system as long as the lore of lotro is kept, i dont think they should drop the 1st, 2nd, 3rd age ideas at all, but im open on the other parts.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast