We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    206

    Angry I hate this LI system!

    I will try to be short.

    Another expansion is coming, and I love it! I wanna have some more quests and level my toon again... it is awesome. But the LI system is just non-sense, I know the work I had to build my weapons... it was a lot of effort to do that and in some 2-3 months maybe, and it is all useless again... come on! I spent a lot of time.. so many months to finally play with good LEGENDARY items, and now it is all lost! And for the RPG proposits it makes no sense too.. It is like you take Excalibur away from King Arthur or to take Sting away from Frodo..

    "Heh Frodo, Sting is no more that good sword... it will not hurt these new orcs coming, I am sorry.."

    Or Merlin telling Arthur:

    "Arthur, Excalibur now is just meh... but here! take Excalibur #2 this is great!"


    It is not fun! It is just one more thing that we have to farm and grind in the game for months!!!

    Then one just say: "If you dont like it, dont u worry 'bout it, man." But I tell you, if you dont have a great set of LIs you are out of all PuG raids, that are now already realy scarce btw.. GLFF have like 90 people on... and IF is useless to FIND people to run instances...
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

  2. #2
    and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?

  3. #3
    The OP is right. Every time a level cap increase happens our LI become useless after a few levels. It would be nice if they actually did as what was hinted at during Moria release and that is to level up with us! This is the part of the game that is most frustrating to me. But it is a money maker for them (the scrolls and legacies can all be bought from the store) and so I highly doubt if they will change. I remember the first time I had to deconstruct my 1st age bow because I could use a 3rd age that had more DPS. It was a sad moment for me and the start of bitterness toward LI! Nothing worse then a bitter Elf.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    The OP is right. Every time a level cap increase happens our LI become useless after a few levels. It would be nice if they actually did as what was hinted at during Moria release and that is to level up with us! This is the part of the game that is most frustrating to me. But it is a money maker for them (the scrolls and legacies can all be bought from the store) and so I highly doubt if they will change. I remember the first time I had to deconstruct my 1st age bow because I could use a 3rd age that had more DPS. It was a sad moment for me and the start of bitterness toward LI! Nothing worse then a bitter Elf.
    While I'm not thrilled with the LI situation (and it has stifled my desire to make raid ready alts), it isn't a "few levels". Given how easy landscape is, good LIs will last you 10 levels to the next cap. I did this from 65-75 and 75-85 with a combination of first and second age items and didn't notice any issues whatsoever. Unless they change things, I expect my level 85 LIs to get me to 90/95 (whatever the helms deep cap is).

    Once you start raiding or grouping, yes, you need to replace the LIs. And for me the silly part of the replacements is I generally want exactly the same legacies/etc, so it is mostly a pointless feeling grind. Yes, grinds are needed to give people who play lots of hours something to do, but I like the feel of the LI grind much less than the general equipment grind for whatever reason, mostly because I basically end up with something very similar to what I started with.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brandywine
    Posts
    1,757
    I really wish they would've revamped the LI system for Helm's Deep instead of revamping the classes. I've said it before, the LI system has absolutely killed alts for me as far as group content goes. I've gotten only two characters T1 raid ready for RoR because of the LI system. None are T2 ready, nor will I ever have any characters geared well enough for T2 because of the current system.

    Having been on the LI treadmill many, many times before, I've decided to jump off and stay off. Each of my toons gets a second ager because I can make it myself. But no scrolls of empowerment or delving unless they fall into my lap. No crystals of remembrance or starlit crystals. No special relics. I'm done.

    It's a good thing you don't need a good LI for landscape content. You could probably equip a butter knife and frying pan and get by.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    it's a huge meaty time sink with customization for your play style.

    isn't that what mmo's are all about these days

    ok lets look at the future. class revamps. I'm sure they will break many legacies by changing skills in the revamp so I really wouldn't be surprised if they revised the LI system too. tbh, I counting on it. I absolutly had that some classes your very happy to just have 2 LI's, yet tanks and healers need multiple sets. I would like it so everyone did ^_^

    again, it's a meaty time sink. they want you to waste time doing it. it's a form a crafting we all have to do. it's also a nice change from constantly fighting.

    not saying the systems perfect but it needs to stay time sinky and boring to contrast other parts of the game.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  7. #7
    I don't know why they just don't make a "level & age " stone that could be inserted and replaced.

    My current level "stone" would be currently a 2nd age level 85. As one does landscape quests, maybe one finds a slightly higher gem- possibly a 3rd age 88 as an example. Then at next level cap it could be a drop like the current symbols are from instances, or bartered at a camp.

    This would at least remove the grind of keeping legacies.

    One would still want to upgrade settings, gems, relics etc. as higher levels become available.

    I don't think Turbine would loose much in relic removal scroll sales. Those things are pretty easy to get (~20-30 gold on AH).

    I'm sure there are some loose ends in the above, but its a starting point.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?
    This made me laugh.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    I disagree with this post in every way.

    If you can just upgrade your LI with new content, the only thing left to grind for is jewelry and armour, the whole point of a level cap increase is to keep customer's playing for another year till the next content expansion. LIs do a lot to facilitate that, and it appropriately rewards customer dedication to the game by giving them an edge over players who don't play often enough.

    Now, Rohan made 1st ages easy to achieve, I just hope they return first ages to their rightful place and make them tier 2 raid-only accessible without barter.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Querétaro, México
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?
    And how is this useful to the current topic. If you don't like "gloom and doom" then don't comment on the topic.

    To the OP, I know how hard (or actually, how long in time) it can take yo upgrade your LI's. I just got my first Second Age weapons ever! lol

    That said, and with really no good insights about the LI system, I think that at least that the functions of the Forge and Relic masters could be improved (why have 2 npc's anyway, instead of the same one?).

    Specially the part concerning to relic combination, that gets quite expensive the higher the tier and lacks an appropriate "(Auto) combine All" option for each tier, taking into consideration the amount of relics you can find everywhere.
    Last edited by Cazthelm; Aug 02 2013 at 12:27 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?
    Staying true to your nick would have avoided being the laughing stock, pal. Where have you been since the LI inception? Slept under a rock, have you?

    SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    327
    Like the rest of the game now it's just a boring grind to encourage you to spend more money on the store. It's all a case of greed destroying a once good game.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?
    New level cap always means new LI's. If this were different they would have said something as part of their Helms Deep promotions as that would be a major systems change.

    I wish LI's worked more like Skirmish Soldiers, where a new level cap just means you level them up with you. They could even have ways to pick the art for the item. The current system feels more like mass produced junk.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload