People have been complaining that there's no "Remember me" checkbox on the login page any longer, so I thought I'd share how to get your browser to remember them for you...
First step for FireFox users only: bring up the Plug-ins page, search for "FireBug", and install it. You can disable or uninstall it later if you want.
Then, read through these instructions once before starting just to speed things up when you do it. The login page "expires" after a few minutes, and you'll want to get these done before it does. You can Reload and try again if that happens:
- Bring up your browser, then press F12. This will bring up a developer tool window (IE, Chrome) or FireBug (FireFox).
- Leave that window up, then go to the LOTRO log in screen (logging out of the forums if you're currently logged in).
- In the developer window at the bottom, make sure you're looking at the HTML tab (IE, FireFox) or the Elements tab (Chrome).
- Search for the word "form" (no quotes) in the HTML. For IE and FireFox, there's a search box at the top right. For Chrome, type Ctrl-F and then see the search box at bottom left. Press "Next" a few times until you get to a line in the HTML which starts with '<form id="login"'.
- Note that the line you're on has 'autocomplete="off"' in it. You want to change this. Click or double-click on the "off", and change it to "on".
- Now you're ready to log in. Do so up above, and when your browser asks you if you want to remember your credentials, say yes.
This will only need to be done once as long as you never clear all of your remembered passwords.