We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

No forums disconects so far??

*knocks on wood to remove any jinx's*

gota say even tho I am still not used to the new forum style. I do love it that I loged into my forum account, made a post, went afk for 3 min. took my time to write up more posts and so far have not been auto disconected from the lotro forums.

Major improvement over the functionality of the older forums. Nice job turbine Web and network teams :-)
    ***Public Safety Reminder: When Driving, Please do not use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over to the side of the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as an additional reminder, please do not drink and drive when out celebrating.***

Well I logged in earlier, left the site, came back an hour later and I'm logged out. Doesn't seem to be a 'stay logged in' check box unless someone can point me to it. Also, I have to navigate to the home page of the website to get the link at the top of the page to log in. Its not there when I use my bookmark to go to the general discussion area of the forum.

There is no "Stay Logged In" box and that is intentional

After 45mins of inactivity ... that is not changing pages ...... you will be logged out

Typing a reply or new post is also classed as inactivity, so be aware of this should you be creating a large post

I tested it, and yes you get logged out after 45mins

And the Log In page does NOT remember your details
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 390 8Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

well,

afk for an hour yeah, i can see it auto logging out for inactivity. Considering the old forums, you would get your post typed out halfway and it disconnected you. Consistently. So id say this is still a major improvement. as I have been wandering threads and making posts for 36 min now and not a single disconnect.

not sure about the links tho, perhaps a new bookmark is needed.. Seems kind of odd tho all my bookmarks still work fine. hmmm..
    ***Public Safety Reminder: When Driving, Please do not use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over to the side of the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as an additional reminder, please do not drink and drive when out celebrating.***

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    There is no "Stay Logged In" box and that is intentional

After 45mins of inactivity ... that is not changing pages ...... you will be logged out

Typing a reply or new post is also classed as inactivity, so be aware of this should you be creating a large post

I tested it, and yes you get logged out after 45mins

And the Log In page does NOT remember your details
    Well I'd like to stay logged in so I don't have to re-enter my details every time I come back to the site. Like most other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Errastas View Post
    Well I'd like to stay logged in so I don't have to re-enter my details every time I come back to the site. Like most other forums.
    I installed a refresher. Works like a charm

No disconnects, no problems with navigation, no other complains from my side... and this is incredibly surprising for me Wait, I have one! It is hard to see which topics are new, the "sheets of paper in the envelopes" are nearly invisible.

Meanwhile I am trying to get rid of the old habit to copy (ctrl+c) the message before previewing it.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Performance wise the new forum is a massive improvement over the old forum setup, which was, to be blunt, a complete wreck. At least with the new setup I am not being logged out constantly or clicking on a link only to find the current page refreshes instead. The only real 'complaint' I have is that there isn't an option to stay logged in indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Errastas View Post
    I agree, but really only for when I want to do some forum surfing on my smartphone. Periodically having to re-enter a complex password on my keyboard's no big deal, but having to do it on a tiny virtual keyboard is a bit of a pain. Now, if only I could figure out why my computer's return key doesn't work for forum postings. The one good thing about that is it forces me to avoid long multi-para postings.
    The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Morat View Post
    Now, if only I could figure out why my computer's return key doesn't work for forum postings. The one good thing about that is it forces me to avoid long multi-para postings.
    I have the same problem with the enter key not working on forum posts, and the problem existed on the old forums also. But look!

If I use compatibility view (located in the address bar) I can hit the enter key, even though the site will then tell me my browser is out of date and the menus get all disjointed.

Other than that, these new forums are vastly superior to the old ones from a general navigating point of view.

Like my bank's site, this one will log you out after enough time has passed. Unlike my bank's site, this one will not store any log in details. While I don't mind entering the password every time (yes, I think that this is a bit more secure; but not much, given sniffers and keyloggers), I do wish that the userid could be hashed and stored.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.