We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    V.K.S. Firestorm - Flagship of the Royal Vokian Star Empire War Fleet

Forum Signature - Request

It's sad to see the signature system go, but alas I suppose it had to happen for the sake of progress

@Lotro Team - I would like to request a layered .psd file containing the elements for us to build our own signatures. I do realize that preparing this can be very time intensive. If you would be willing to provide me with the elements, I am more than willing to prep a layered .psd file for myself and others to use.

Thank you very much for your consideration.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000d53a/01008/signature.png]Donnatello[/charsig]
    Firefoot... Our [COLOR=DarkOrange][Jewelled Bell][/COLOR] goes *Schwing*Schwing*
    ----------------------------------------
    I am Arinthros! Obey me.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by arinthros View Post
    It's sad to see the signature system go, but alas I suppose it had to happen for the sake of progress

@Lotro Team - I would like to request a layered .psd file containing the elements for us to build our own signatures. I do realize that preparing this can be very time intensive. If you would be willing to provide me with the elements, I am more than willing to prep a layered .psd file for myself and others to use.

Thank you very much for your consideration.
    I'm not sure how these were originally built or if this is possible, but I will ask.

/signed

The ability to create custom sigs would be nice.

because we can have any picture now. can't you just make your own personal one? find a picture of the old one online and change it to fit you?

What are you talking about? This is way more sweet! I used my signature to class this joint up within minutes of the new forums being live.

(Seriously I do like the new forums, you did a swell job Turbine people.)

the OP has a good suggestion. if a .psd file could be provided, it would be a nice thing to have to update your toons progress.

only other thing i would like to see is the Quick Reply option.

Quote Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
    the OP has a good suggestion. if a .psd file could be provided, it would be a nice thing to have to update your toons progress.

only other thing i would like to see is the Quick Reply option.
    No animated images. It's been removed. If this becomes a problem we'll have to disable all images in signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by ContraMundum View Post
    What are you talking about? This is way more sweet! I used my signature to class this joint up within minutes of the new forums being live.

(Seriously I do like the new forums, you did a swell job Turbine people.)
    No animated images. This will make us rethink alowing images in sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    No animated images. It's been removed. If this becomes a problem we'll have to disable all images in signatures.
    Thank you Sapience and Turbine.

Sadly I predict it is not long for this Middle Earth due to misuse.

I found me a nice 'blast from the past' sig to use, 2008 Halloween.
    I also have the xmas ones.
    R.I.P. Big E

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    I found me a nice 'blast from the past' sig to use, 2008 Halloween.
    I also have the xmas ones.
    oh man thats epic! XD

have some pointless rep!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I'm not sure how these were originally built or if this is possible, but I will ask.
    How do you create a proper signature in these new forums? Not sure what this charsig is.

I was gonna start the traditionnal "Request a sig" thread (it's been years since I last used my sig-making muscles) but first I wanna make sure it's viable.

Would people be interested in:

- If you want a sig, commission a volunteer artist on this board to make you one?
    - If you're an artist, make signatures for other people?

I would also REALLY love the core image files that were used for the old signatures so that I could recreate them myself. I did that once by using my GIMP skills and a little computer magic (I gathered a collection of random signatures from my own characters as well as others and then put the pieces I liked together -- unfortunately the old forums never allowed custom sigs).
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Was able to pull a sig together using some screen shots. My photoshop skills aren't the greatest, but was able to rough something together.

Didn't use the craft icons, cause the image I found wasn't the best and my self-made attempt kinda looked like garbage.

Also, it that actually a pic of Ec in the left field there? Why yes it is.

Ok, so it is small, but I was also trying to get ALL the info from the old character signature into that. The crafting info is difficult (almost impossible) to read, but at least it is accurate and up-to-date.
    Last edited by Ecsmyth; Aug 02 2013 at 11:35 AM.

V.K.S. Firestorm - Flagship of the Royal Vokian Star Empire War Fleet
    *shameless bump*
    Just wondering if there was any progress on this. If not, does anyone have a copy of some of the old signatures? Or perhaps a sprite sheet?

Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000d53a/01008/signature.png]Donnatello[/charsig]
    Firefoot... Our [COLOR=DarkOrange][Jewelled Bell][/COLOR] goes *Schwing*Schwing*
    ----------------------------------------
    I am Arinthros! Obey me.

Well, I'm already working some time on this.
    I have got a PSD file with a lot of elements from the original signatures.
    This is what I have atm:
    • Ability to change the level, with correct colour and font
    • Four different rings for around your level (Brass, Gold, Silver Decorated, Gold Decorated)
    • Crafting levels from 0 to 8
    • The first 8 PvMP ranks for freeps and the stars
    • All the class icons
    • Three out of seven voacations

If I find the correct fonts for your name, server, race, class and kinship then I could release it.

The link in my sig links to one of those signatures that I made with my file.
    Somehow the picture doesn't show up here while I do use [img] and [ / img]

Last edited by Elazaer; Oct 04 2013 at 09:42 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by arinthros View Post
    It's sad to see the signature system go...
    The Signature system didn't go way. It got modified, regulated & improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elazaer View Post
    Well, I'm already working some time on this.
    ...Somehow the picture doesn't show up here while I do use [img] and [ / img]
    You have to resize the images on photobucket. Should be no larger than 125 pixels high, and no wider than 350 pixels wide. Then add the link http://oi41.tinypic.com/2lwm78h.jpg with the insert immage icon (frammed tree picture) on the signature page. Then click "save signature" to make it visible.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Oct 05 2013 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    You have to resize the images on photobucket. Should be no larger than 125 pixels high, and no wider than 350 pixels wide. Then add the link http://oi41.tinypic.com/2lwm78h.jpg with the insert immage icon (frammed tree picture) on the signature page. Then click "save signature" to make it visible.
    Well, that's the problem, I don't have any Tree Icon....

Exclamation

Ok! Maybe you need more forums reputaation to get that permision.

Ok! Maybe you need more forums reputaation to get that permision.
    Rep system is removed if I'm correct.
    Do you mean more posts?

Yah that, im not sure how they determine to whom & when they give the forums permision, will be nice to have a table with a brakedown of permisions vs requirements.

Yah that, im not sure how they determine to whom & when they give the forums permision, will be nice to have a table with a brakedown of permisions vs requirements.
    Strange...

I do see users with less posts and accounts that are younger then mine.

I am a sad panda.

Bicyclerepairman, an Orc Defiler on Brandywine, achieved five star rank JUST BEFORE the Signature system went down and the new forums went up.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100001b94bf/signature.png]Bicyclerepairman[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lobber View Post
    ...achieved five star rank JUST BEFORE the Signature system went down and the new forums went up.
    I sincerelly prefer to see a forums tittle system bassed on number of post than what we have before. If someone liked you too much or you paid him he will boost your rank with 1 +reputation every 10 seconds. But on the other hand if someone want to make your life miserable they will haunt you with -reputation every 10 seconds. This now is more fair & no subject to harrasment.
    Elazaer, i still have no idea why you don't have that kind of permision. I don't know if the number of post have some sort of reputation implied that may decide the permisions you can have or is only a prety tittle. Try contact some community manager to find out what you must do to get those permisions if you wish.