We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Interactive Map?

    I understand that the interactive map was a part of the Lorebook, which is now gone, but is there somewhere else we could put this map? It was extremely useful to me, and it seems like I am unable to access it on any external website that also had it at one time or another. PLEASE bring it back! Or if I'm blind, could someone please tell me how to get there? Thanks!!
    [url=http://www.freewebproxy.com/][img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/xd89z.jpg[/img][/url]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Rteachj View Post
    I understand that the interactive map was a part of the Lorebook, which is now gone, but is there somewhere else we could put this map? It was extremely useful to me, and it seems like I am unable to access it on any external website that also had it at one time or another. PLEASE bring it back! Or if I'm blind, could someone please tell me how to get there? Thanks!!
    I never used the Lorebook map myself, but would http://dynmap.ruslotro.com fill that void?
    Last edited by Saniko; Aug 09 2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Removing white text color
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Saniko View Post
    I never used the Lorebook map myself, but would http://dynmap.ruslotro.com fill that void?
    I appreciate the link! But, unfortunately, it's not the same. The one I'm referring to was similar to google maps, and it used the same maps that you get on your radar instead of the game maps like the one you linked to. It was really handy when I was in a new area, and I couldn't figure out how to get to where I was going because of the maze-like paths that lead to it, and the full path cannot be seen all at once on the radar, so I couldn't plot a course. Thanks for your help, though! Unless I'm wrong, it looks like I'm back to retracing my steps over and over and wandering around in circles forever until I accidentally stumble upon what I'm looking for. I'm too visual for that. :-)
    [url=http://www.freewebproxy.com/][img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/xd89z.jpg[/img][/url]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SOMEWHERE IN FlORIDA
    Posts
    165
    I pesonally use Lotro-Wiki..just easy and sorts the regions.
    "Time you enjoy wasting..is not wasted time" -John Lennon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Rteachj View Post
    I appreciate the link! But, unfortunately, it's not the same. The one I'm referring to was similar to google maps, and it used the same maps that you get on your radar instead of the game maps like the one you linked to. It was really handy when I was in a new area, and I couldn't figure out how to get to where I was going because of the maze-like paths that lead to it, and the full path cannot be seen all at once on the radar, so I couldn't plot a course. Thanks for your help, though! Unless I'm wrong, it looks like I'm back to retracing my steps over and over and wandering around in circles forever until I accidentally stumble upon what I'm looking for. I'm too visual for that. :-)
    Ah, like Google Maps satellite view, gotcha. It'd be a little odd to have GPS satellites over Middle-earth, but I get where you're coming from. *mutters something about Moria*

    How about Garan's terrain map plugin?
    Last edited by Saniko; Aug 09 2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Removing white text color
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1
    Yeah, that is definitely something that was never specifically mentioned as going away that I already miss! It was located here and I found it very useful at times.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    399
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...errainMap.html

    That plugin is pretty decent...uses the same textures as the interactive map, and has a search feature to help you find things you are looking for (helped me out doing the flowers deed in the old forest). And since it is in game, no alt-tabbing necessary!
    [IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img571/9558/w677.jpg[/IMG]
    The Ecsploits of Ec - [url]https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?426922-The-Ecsploits-of-Ec&highlight=The+Ecsploits+of+Ec[/url]

  8. #8
    This might just be exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the tip, guys!
    [url=http://www.freewebproxy.com/][img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/xd89z.jpg[/img][/url]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload