We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Anyone been force logged out yet?

Hey I like the new forums so far... Just wondering how functional they actually are.
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    Hey I like the new forums so far... Just wondering how functional they actually are.
    Yes, I have been logged out several times already. Really annoying.

I installed a refresher. Haven't been logged out yet. I have it set to refresh every 150 seconds.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Yeah, I had to go away for a conference call and when I came back I was force logged out.

I generally get around this by using something like Tab Mix Plus in Firefox and set a reload time of 9 minutes or so for a tab (I disable images in that tab to prevent memory bloat).

Shame that we still have to do workarounds like that to keep the site usable.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Nothing yet...Just have to wait and see...

New design is pretty nifty though.
    [color=#008080] Burzdolion of Eldar [/color]
    Dogs Of War
    [color=#1E90FF]95 Hunter 21/11/2013 11pm [GMT] [/color]...[color=#B22222]85 Warden[/color]...[color=#228b22]51 Runekeeper[/color]...

It's fine.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Worth bearing in mind that there is still an intended logout after 45 minutes of inactivity. Those people experiencing them after leaving the computer or otherwise not using these forums for a period of time may find it's because of that.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

It will automatically log you out if you do not refresh or change a page in 45 minutes.

Otherwise, I have not been forced a log out yet.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

I'm pretty bummed that I can't stay logged in for more than like an hour it seems and that it will not save my username and/or password.

No one but me has access to this computer, give me the option to save this stuff. >_<

Agreed. Why on earth inconvenience everyone by making them relog every single time they use the forums? This type of nannying by site administrators is a big pet peeve of mine. I know it seems like a small thing to login again, but I have developed routines and habits of doing the rounds of the various sites I like to use, and having them open up, ready for me to use means that my workflow is undisturbed. Sites that don't save my login information simply don't get used. I am perfectly capable of creating, updating and protecting secure passwords without this kind of foolishness.

I never thought I'd miss the old forums, but I do. Even in spite of the fact they used to log me out randomly. At least they kept me in for more than 45 min. I don't see using these new forums beyond the occasional login to check for lotteries.

@Jureon, you might want to revisit your sig settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We have enabled the ability for you to link to images for your signature. Please keep the following in mind.

Images should be no larger than 125 pixels high, and no wider than 350 pixels wide.

ABSOLUTELY NO ANIMATED IMAGES OR VIDEO OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED.

We'll remove any animated images we see and if it becomes an issue we will simply disable the ability to have images in your signatures.
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

Quote Originally Posted by KadinKohle View Post
    I'm pretty bummed that I can't stay logged in for more than like an hour it seems and that it will not save my username and/or password.

No one but me has access to this computer, give me the option to save this stuff. >_<
    same here... a refresh or being on the site for a certain time makes you have to log in again, no sudden forced log outs yet, so that is an improvement, but i would love to see to stay logged in for a longer period of time...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by KadinKohle View Post

If you use FireFox like I do, this will let you save use names and passwords on any page that normally won't let you:

- Bookmark anything, it doesn't matter what since you will be editing it.
    - Right click the bookmark and select properties
    - Rename the bookmark to Password Saver
    - Paste the code below into the location
    Code:
    javascript:(function(){var%20ca,cea,cs,df,dfe,i,j,x,y;function%20n(i,what){return%20i+"%20"+what+((i==1)?"":"s")}ca=cea=cs=0;df=document.forms;for(i=0;i<df.length;++i){x=df[i];dfe=x.elements;if(x.onsubmit){x.onsubmit="";++cs;}if(x.attributes["autocomplete"]){x.attributes["autocomplete"].value="on";++ca;}for(j=0;j<dfe.length;++j){y=dfe[j];if(y.attributes["autocomplete"]){y.attributes["autocomplete"].value="on";++cea;}}}alert("Removed%20autocomplete=off%20from%20"+n(ca,"form")+"%20and%20from%20"+n(cea,"form%20element")+",%20and%20removed%20onsubmit%20from%20"+n(cs,"form")+".%20After%20you%20type%20your%20password%20and%20submit%20the%20form,%20the%20browser%20will%20offer%20to%20remember%20your%20password.")})();
    - Save the bookmark

Now when you visit any page that stops you from saving user names and passwords, select the bookmark then enter your info. When you log in Firefox will now ask you if you want to save the user name and password.

I have not been logged out while actively looking through the forums, but I would very much like to have an option to stay logged in available. At least do something like Private computer vs Public computer. I love cookies on my home PC.
    charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000000909/01002/signature.png]Eyriana[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    At least a dozen times so far. And well within the 45 auto disconnect period each time
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.