We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

"My Characters" Issue(s)

None of my characters are displayed
    If the lottery page shows no characters, you may need to switch to a different subscription. At the top of the page, look to the right of the "Logged in as "; if you see a drop-down arrow there, mouse over it and select the other subscription listed. This will switch you to that subscription and should have your characters listed and allow them to enter any running lotteries they are eligible for.

I have been a VIP player on Brandywine for 3 months now. I only have this one account with a subscription (I use the exact same username/password to log in to the website here as I do in-game). I have never been able to view any of my 6 of 7 characters from the server on the website here (Main toon is 85). I was hoping the new revamp of the site would fix this, but apparently it didn't. I have no "drop-down arrow" next to "Logged in as" in the top right of the page, so what do I need to do in order to have my character information(s) populated to the website? I would really like to participate in Lotteries when they become available.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    You will notice the new lottery page now tells you explicitly whether there are lotteries running or not. NOT whether or not you have character eligible. So when it says "No active lotteries" it's because there are no active lotteries.

When we do start lotteries again, maybe tomorrow, you will notice you will be able to see any lottery, whether you have eligible characters or not. You simply won't be able to enter lotteries you aren't eligible for. Instead of a list of eligible characters it will show the lottery and the comment "no eligible characters" next to it.

No more guessing if there are or aren't active lotteries. The message is extremely literal now. No lotteries, means no lotteries.

Thanks for the reply.
    So disregarding the whole Lottery thing, is there a way for me to view my active in-game characters somewhere on the website?

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Traevius View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    So disregarding the whole Lottery thing, is there a way for me to view my active in-game characters somewhere on the website?
    No. The my.lotro.com functionality has been discontinued.

My Characters

I must say, I regularly used that feature - being able to click on my characters and view them all at the click of a mouse button. I'm not enjoying this new forum setup - so now I have to view my characters actually in game?? Do they not realise how annoying that is when you have characters on more than one server???? ~shakes my head~ Epic FAIL.

Well, today the apps I've downloaded still show my toons (and I was able to add more to LOTRO Herald, for example). Not sure if the back end taps that the apps (I'm using iPad) use are still there, or if the forum revamp means that LOTRO Herald just has its last frozen update available, with no further updates coming (I presume they synced daily or so).

Crossing my furry-footed toes,

Tumeric