We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Exclamation LOTRO Community Site Known Issues

Last Updated: August 1, 2013

Forums

• Some navigation elements may not be properly translated into German and French.
    • If you have chosen French or German as the forum display language, the language switches back to EN anytime you switch forums.
    • Some links, attachments, and images in forum posts may need to be updated.
    • Avatars have been reset to use default images.
    • You may need to edit your signature to clean up broken links, BB code, or remove the discontinued character signature code.

The LOTRO Lottery

• The Lottery pages are not translated into German and French. All players will see these pages in English. German and French translations will be added in a future update.
    • Character data may not be up to date.

Links and Articles

Character Copy

• Currently Character copy is unavailable.

Just wanted to say that I love the new forums. Not perfect but a vast improvement.

2 things I would like to see are:

1. An indication that I have a private message, like "Private Message(3)". I had no clue that you guys were asking me about my signature until I hit the Private Message button at random one day.

2. I still have to make a spam post or hunt down my name in someone's thread so I can check my post history.

Those are just minor quibbles though, I am very happy with the new forums.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Is there any plan to make the new website scale to it's browser window size?

Right now the narrowest window I can go without clipping text is way too wide. It's hard to read the long lines of text and this one window covers almost all of my screen. In the past I have been able to have the forum page open in a window that takes up a bit under 1/3 of my screen and other tasks open in the rest of the screen. This let me use the forums on downtime but still easily see when I needed to switch attention back to work. With the new forums needing this much screen space participation and following game changes, announcements, etc. will be much less frequent since I can rarely devote time just to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    1. An indication that I have a private message, like "Private Message(3)".
    I second that. I know about the alert popup, and I have turned it on. Would still love an indication like this.

The icons for read and unread message are switched around. The unread envelope is open. And the read is closed. Not intuitive at all

The only thing that I currently would like to see added to the forum is the ability to remain logged in, like the previous forum allowed. Definitely not a huge hindrance at the moment...but it would be convenient to already be logged in the the forums each day when I open this site. Then I can get straight to business.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceBox View Post
    The only thing that I currently would like to see added to the forum is the ability to remain logged in, like the previous forum allowed. Definitely not a huge hindrance at the moment...but it would be convenient to already be logged in the the forums each day when I open this site. Then I can get straight to business.
    Yes. Please.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Just wanted to note that the Icon Legend that is situated at the bottom of the Subscriptions has icons that are so small as to be almost illegible.
    If they were just a touch larger they could mean something.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Are we no longer able to track our characters through the community website? I don't see where completed quests/deeds are posted for my account or if there is still a page for my kinship. Is that all gone or am I completely missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedros_the_First View Post
    Are we no longer able to track our characters through the community website? I don't see where completed quests/deeds are posted for my account or if there is still a page for my kinship. Is that all gone or am I completely missing something?
    All this is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmo View Post
    All this is gone
    Ah, you make me sad good sir knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    2. I still have to make a spam post or hunt down my name in someone's thread so I can check my post history.
    As stated before, you do not need to make a spam post to check your post history. In your post above, click on your forum name to get the context menu. Click and hold on the "View Forum Posts" link and drag it to your desktop. Or right-click on "View Forum Posts" and select the option to bookmark the link to add it directly to your bookmarks. Either way you will have a bookmark that will open a page to show you all of the posts you've made. Your link is: https://www.lotro.com/forums/search....st&showposts=1

I agree that it's not as convenient as having a link on the forum page. But it does work. You can even copy it to the bookmarks toolbar if your browser has one to make clicking it easier.

Sapience thanks sooooo Muuuuuccccchhhh!!!!!! WOOT Yipeee Ya HOOOOOO !! *DANCINGTHEJIG* *INTHEMIDDLELOFBREENAKED* DRINKINGATOASTTOSAPIENCE*

Well It seems I owe you a ATTA Boy and I WOOT !! Nice job on the saving user name. I will always miss the old web site because it did so much more. The new Forum works well enough but like i said in the past is just a forum. IMHO you just did the most important change I could ever want. Saving User Name HIP HIP Hooray !! HIpp HooRay

Quote Originally Posted by dmoogie1 View Post
    Yes. Please.
    They extended to 6 hour now and the forum for me today remembered my username and password. I don't see how or why you could need more it takes about 4 sec to log in now.

I think they did a nice job now!! :-)

This forum will never be our old web site, that is gone. For many of us it will be a day we will always rue. Rest In Peace WWW.LOTRO.COM :-( You will be missed

But look on the bright side you still have a forum and it works pretty good so no sense crying in your beer it just waters it down *lpl*

Thanks again Sapience thanks sooooo Muuuuuccccchhhh!!!!!! WOOT Yipeee Ya HOOOOOO !! *DANCINGTHEJIG* *INTHEMIDDLELOFBREENAKED* DRINKINGATOASTTOSAPIENCE*

Now pass that Brew and hand m that Pipe weed and remember the Dwarf code of honor hand me Pint and Puff Puff pass let sent site off right

Hay Sapience how about a Lotto!!! Some pints, Some pipe and some fireworks and some Coins for the Fairy man so we can send that puppy of right and one more thing the toast emote even better because that site is sure toast!!! What ya say there Sapience How about that for a send off lotto for the old site ? lets send that old site off the see the Fairy Man once and for all
    Last edited by Dafif; Aug 25 2013 at 04:48 AM.

atm the german version of the site (https://www.lotro.com/de/) is missing it's menu, when I switch to english, it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyWookie View Post
    atm the german version of the site (https://www.lotro.com/de/) is missing it's menu, when I switch to english, it works just fine.
    Same with the french version https://www.lotro.com/fr/ ...

the menu's back again. thank you.

Spanish existe

-El Señor de los Anillos Online en Español Por Favor
    -The Lord of the Rings Online in Spanish please
    -Le Seigneur des Anneaux Online en espagnol s'il vous plaît
    -Der Herr der Ringe Online auf Spanisch bitte

¡¡Manda güevos!!

Just a FYI...

Using the breadcrumb list at top of the page, when clicking the forum "crumb" it takes you to the activity stream instead of the forum home page.

The home icon also takes you to the activity stream.
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]This has been a public harassment announcement®[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] Courtesy of The Ministry of Creative Anarchy - Public Harassment Office[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyWookie View Post
    as of today, Nov. 16th, the menu is gone again

As of this morning, the Activity Stream is showing up blank for me with no recent activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylrisson View Post
    As of this morning, the Activity Stream is showing up blank for me with no recent activity.
    Same for me, since the maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlenn View Post
    Same for me, since the maintenance.
    Any ETA when this might be restored? It's still an issue.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulin_Silverthorne View Post
    Any ETA when this might be restored? It's still an issue.
    There is currently No ETA.