We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

When are the Lotteries coming back?

I've joined back after an absence for a few months but have been unable to enter any lotteries fora few weeks now, does anyone know when they are coming back? Maybe they are off for the festival but they seemed not to be running before that too.

Mid May?

Don't hold your breath though.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

There was a lottery 2 weeks ago, one of my characters won it so I know that they are still out there...
    [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wQnPLj3L1HU/Uknm_GlEcoI/AAAAAAAAAy4/3zEtykKoBsU/w170-h125-no/lotr.jpg[/img]
    Arkenstone, Storm of the Blades

There hasn't been a Lottery since the Tax Refund, and other 2 that I can't recall the name of.

Middle-earth Tax Refund
    Ended 04/15/2013 10:40PM EDT

So it has been around 2 weeks since the last lottery was held. I assume it could be due to the upcoming Site revamp. But I am usually wrong when it comes to these kind of things.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000020a1cb/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My guess is that the Hobbit Presents feature of U11 is intended as an automated replacement of the current manually-run lotteries.
    So I wouldn't really expect to see anymore lotteries run, except perhaps "The Last Lottery... Ever" just before/after U11.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zastai View Post
    My guess is that the Hobbit Presents feature of U11 is intended as an automated replacement of the current manually-run lotteries.
    So I wouldn't really expect to see anymore lotteries run, except perhaps "The Last Lottery... Ever" just before/after U11.
    Your guess would be, rounded to the closest possible percent, 218.9% wrong.

I just got out of a meeting about lotteries and designs for the new system coming with the new community site.
    Trying to make things a bit better in terms of function and design at least on the back end so we have more flexibility in creating them.

As for the current system. Should have new lotteries up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

I just got out of a meeting about lotteries and designs for the new system coming with the new community site.
    Trying to make things a bit better in terms of function and design at least on the back end so we have more flexibility in creating them.

I wonder what the percent of my error woulda been. :P I was gonna say that there will be lottos for sure after the community revamp, but I was guessing there wouldn't be any lottos until then.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Happy to hear I was wrong, and that Hobbit Presents will complement rather than replace the lotteries.
    Three cheers for Sapience!

Here I would have guessed 105%. *grin* Anyone know the reference?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Here I would have guessed 105%. *grin* Anyone know the reference?
    The debt to GDP ratio in the US

This.
    w00t!
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"][IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/2092919610lotro_lotro32.png[/IMG][/URL]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I'm currently kicking things. Please stand by.

I hope ya got something good planned cause there sure are allot of grouches on the forum today.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

If you are going to be kicking things, I think I would prefer to stand back.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

if you kicked started it.. Have not seen any lotteries for my account show up.
    Silverlode Server

Quote Originally Posted by wbhz View Post
    if you kicked started it.. Have not seen any lotteries for my account show up.
    I also don't see any lotteries, can you let us know if you were unsuccessful or if the lotteries are highly limited in the scope of those who qualify to enter?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Well maybe tomorrow. Hope it is a good one , like Maybe starting the FA in the Mark level lotteries. Could just be a bacon and beer lottery though. If you do another of those Sapience you have to throw in a Holdable mug and a saint pauly girl type costume. Although of course that means a dwarf with blonde pony tails running around, ekkk nevermind!
    Survivor of the Great 07' Crash

Kick harder, our withdrawl D.T.s escalated at the two week mark!

If kicking hasnt worked yet, i would highly recommend flogging...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000002a85f8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

... flogging a dead horse won't get us anywhere.
    this post was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit ... no pixels were harmed in its making

You apparently didn't kick hard enough to wake the server hamsters. Perhaps they were distracted or worn out by the many restarts recently

Anyway, lotteries don't seem to have happened.

NO lotteries.

Could have been funny,...
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjki View Post
    ... flogging a dead horse won't get us anywhere.
    Especially since it's hamsters who power the lottery, not horses.

If dead horses ran the lottery, they'd not be running much at all, would they?

Sapience, I realize that there may be technical difficulties. So feel free to mail all my characters the items that would have been offered in the lottery. Can I expect to see them in my mailbox Soon™?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrious View Post
    Sapience, I realize that there may be technical difficulties. So feel free to mail all my characters the items that would have been offered in the lottery. Can I expect to see them in my mailbox Soon™?
    Likewise here too LOL !!!!
    [COLOR="Green"]Legoor Hunter 100th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Red"]Arhire Guardian 95th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Blue"]Thaminail Runekeeper 95th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Yellow"]Astrobulis LoreMaster 95th[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast