We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Fix or deactivate draigoch

There's many more posts on the forum reporting or complaining about bugs in the Draigoch Lair instance. I want all the players to see how far back these complaints go, and how nothing, nothing has been done to address the issues. You know those feelings of frustration you feel when it bugs out on you? Turbine apparently doesn't care. Why on earth would a company put out a defective product and cause their customers' frustration? Then leave it there?!

I'm bringing Draigoch to the forefront of the forum. For those of you who want it fixed, join with me. Those of you that want to waste your time "chancing" a run, then don't.

Now Turbine has another "Known Issue," the frustration of its customers for having a junk instance that bugs out most of the time.

Draig is a boring fight and didnt even give a scratch to the Elite endgame raiders (Who are now probably gone from Lotro). If they are focusing on fixing the old &&&& how bored do you think you will be at the end of it all. Bring out a raid that has depth like the Rift/Balrog and forget about fixing the old stuff that has been killed for 3-6 years already. Maybe with the new Hobbit movie and the expansion they would think to bring out a decent raid to keep the seasonal players interested in staying.... just my thoughts.

[FYMF squad] Killabees

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
    There's many more posts on the forum reporting or complaining about bugs in the Draigoch Lair instance.
    for a start. making a thread or complaining to a GM is not reporting a bug. there is a whole bug report feature that saves multiple information for them to help fix it. if you havn't done this, you are in effect letting the bug slip.

here is a link about the /bug feature
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Reporting-Tool

I want all the players to see how far back these complaints go, and how nothing, nothing has been done to address the issues.
    there are also been multiple attempts to fix the bug. and thats not including the period where this instance cluster might have been held back to fix other bugs the QA/palantir/bullroarer people found

You know those feelings of frustration you feel when it bugs out on you? Turbine apparently doesn't care.
    there is no evidence on that. just horrible assumptions.

Why on earth would a company put out a defective product and cause their customers' frustration? Then leave it there?!
    for many reasons. money, time usally the core of it. this probably comes under both. they could stop all other development of projects just to fix that bug. they might waste development money and time to fix a bug that could be better spent elseware.

a game will never be bug free. and mmo's are some of the worst. it's in there nature to progress though, they can't spend years trying to fix every single bug as there would be little new content and longevity of the game slashed. in really could be as simple as "do you want Great River update, or draigoch fixed?" I'll think you'll lie with your answer just to prove a point...

I'm bringing Draigoch to the forefront of the forum. For those of you who want it fixed, join with me. Those of you that want to waste your time "chancing" a run, then don't.
    very very late...

this has been a "known issue" since it's release now.

management in games suck. suck hardcore. anyone who has worked in the gaming industry know how &&&&&& time management is and how they NEED to get content out. if your not familer with "Team Bondi" you really should look it up. 1 game, 8 years, terrible work conditions, constant crunch times, company sold all it's assests and went bankrupt. and tha game wasn't even as good as it could have been...

are you more happy turbine are still making lotro? or still seriously bummed out it has a few bugs?

again, I think your answer will be a lie just to prove your point... I wait to see your responce...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    Draig is a boring fight and didnt even give a scratch to the Elite endgame raiders (Who are now probably gone from Lotro). If they are focusing on fixing the old &&&& how bored do you think you will be at the end of it all. Bring out a raid that has depth like the Rift/Balrog and forget about fixing the old stuff that has been killed for 3-6 years already. Maybe with the new Hobbit movie and the expansion they would think to bring out a decent raid to keep the seasonal players interested in staying.... just my thoughts.
    I think many people would rather see new raids come out, or even done well revamps of old raids (current ones are too easy and broken imo)
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    for a start. making a thread or complaining to a GM is not reporting a bug. there is a whole bug report feature that saves multiple information for them to help fix it. if you havn't done this, you are in effect letting the bug slip.

here is a link about the /bug feature
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Reporting-Tool

there are also been multiple attempts to fix the bug. and thats not including the period where this instance cluster might have been held back to fix other bugs the QA/palantir/bullroarer people found

for many reasons. money, time usally the core of it. this probably comes under both. they could stop all other development of projects just to fix that bug. they might waste development money and time to fix a bug that could be better spent elseware.

a game will never be bug free. and mmo's are some of the worst. it's in there nature to progress though, they can't spend years trying to fix every single bug as there would be little new content and longevity of the game slashed. in really could be as simple as "do you want Great River update, or draigoch fixed?" I'll think you'll lie with your answer just to prove a point...

very very late...

this has been a "known issue" since it's release now.

management in games suck. suck hardcore. anyone who has worked in the gaming industry know how &&&&&& time management is and how they NEED to get content out. if your not familer with "Team Bondi" you really should look it up. 1 game, 8 years, terrible work conditions, constant crunch times, company sold all it's assests and went bankrupt. and tha game wasn't even as good as it could have been...

are you more happy turbine are still making lotro? or still seriously bummed out it has a few bugs?

again, I think your answer will be a lie just to prove your point... I wait to see your responce...

I think many people would rather see new raids come out, or even done well revamps of old raids (current ones are too easy and broken imo)
    Hey, if you want buggy instances left active, then do your own posted praising them....If Turbine is going to leave it active, then I want it fixed, PERIOD. Who doesn't want new stuff, btw? We all do. However, I want stuff that works. If the new stuff comes out and it's buggy, should we not complain about it too? See, people complained about Draigoch for months....years now and it never got fixed. So, if I go with your logic, then none of us should report anything or call Turbine out on it....cause it would take resources away from up and coming buggy instances...

/signed
    Remember that Draigoch costed 1250TP (and probably still costs) itself and you have to be lucky due to bugs to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    /signed
    Remember that Draigoch costed 1250TP (and probably still costs) itself and you have to be lucky due to bugs to finish it.
    RIGHT THERE is reason enough to complain about the Draigoch Lair raid. People PAID for it. People wasted money on a poorly coded instance that is getting buggier and buggier.

There is evidence and it's on the forums. It is not horrible assumptions as you try to state. For every post on the forum, I bet there were dozens that didn't post....statistics would support the assumption, would it not?! I know there are going to be some issues with the periodic bug. However, I'm not going to accept bugs that go unfixed for months and years now....and the instance be UP and ACTIVE. Again, with your logic, we just accept poor coding, lots of bugs, and wait for the next expansion/update and the next new set of bugs....that they'll put off fixing cause they are working on the next expansion/update....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
    There is evidence and it's on the forums.
    again, forums do not equal bug reports.

I'm not going to accept bugs that go unfixed for months and years now
    it's regular practice to leave a bug if:
    - not enough information on how the bug works
    - takes too long / costs too much to fix
    - not severe enough.

first point, this bug probably has had it's fair few bug reports. but I bet 90% of those people did not report a bug and just assumed a ticket sent was enough. it wasn't. have you bugged it properly?

as mentioned, it's been tried to be fixed multiple times. they have probably given this more time than either of us expect and clearly, havn't fixed it.

lets not lie about this, but it isn't every single time this happends. I've easily got 50+ runs completed on my skirmish information panal on the instances on my burg alone so it's clearly working to some extent. I can recall seeing this at least 6 times and maybe as much as 10 times in total. it also isn't like flight (which needed to be took down) as that was completely stopping people from playing the game if it bugged out.

with your logic, we just accept poor coding, lots of bugs
    to put it very, very, very bluntly. yes.

however thats ignoring how you could of gone though the proper routes to report your bug. ignoring the fact that they do fix older bugs in instances (we've seen many fixes to old instances that are rarely run now).

if the bug can't be fixed without excessive cost and time, they just arn't going to go out of there way too much to fix it. if you really believe closing whole sections of the game that have bugs is a better system than letting it, we would of never got draicoch, which is much worse than getting it buggy. we might as well close the game completely because some players get complete game crashes.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

again, forums do not equal bug reports.

it's regular practice to leave a bug if:
    - not enough information on how the bug works
    - takes too long / costs too much to fix
    - not severe enough.

first point, this bug probably has had it's fair few bug reports. but I bet 90% of those people did not report a bug and just assumed a ticket sent was enough. it wasn't. have you bugged it properly?

as mentioned, it's been tried to be fixed multiple times. they have probably given this more time than either of us expect and clearly, havn't fixed it.

lets not lie about this, but it isn't every single time this happends. I've easily got 50+ runs completed on my skirmish information panal on the instances on my burg alone so it's clearly working to some extent. I can recall seeing this at least 6 times and maybe as much as 10 times in total. it also isn't like flight (which needed to be took down) as that was completely stopping people from playing the game if it bugged out.

to put it very, very, very bluntly. yes.

however thats ignoring how you could of gone though the proper routes to report your bug. ignoring the fact that they do fix older bugs in instances (we've seen many fixes to old instances that are rarely run now).

if the bug can't be fixed without excessive cost and time, they just arn't going to go out of there way too much to fix it. if you really believe closing whole sections of the game that have bugs is a better system than letting it, we would of never got draicoch, which is much worse than getting it buggy. we might as well close the game completely because some players get complete game crashes.
    Bo, all you got are excuses for shoddy programing and shoddy customer service. Turbine has received enough bug reports and enough forums post to figure out that Draigoch's Lair is JUNK and needs to be either deactivated or fixed. Period. I don't want to read excuses, I want solutions. Having a bug or two throughout the game is understandable. I remember Turbine doing hot fixes and such all the time to address issues. However, they are selling Draigoch's Lair in an expansion or quest pack. They have had complaints concerning it for a very long time and the instance is apparently getting more unstable. Again, No excuses. Fix it or deactivate it.