We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't connect to patch server.

Hello, so I woke up this morning and tried to connect to lotro, but I have the same error everytime I try to do it.

At first, launcher downloads loading screens very slowly, after that launcher is trying to connect to patch server and fails. It's over and over. Can someone help me, please ?

So, can't anyone help me ?

Unfortunately, you've given us very little to go on. At the very least, we're gonna need an error message or the exact step that the launcher fails at to even have an idea where to start helping.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Actually he gave plenty of info. I am getting the same thing. I replaced everything that was in the backup folder into the main folder, that made it worse(old client and stuck at getting data center). Uninstalled LOTRO, redownloaded the play while downloading. It downloaded the new client, and it started up a bit slow.Then I am getting the same message as above.

I also checked my router firewall, windows firewall, restarted modem and router..... nothing changed. I think its an issue on Turbines end with not accepting some connections. Oh well I am sure that the group I was gonna play with is done by now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000035be75/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yeah, he pretty much nailed it. Im getting the same thing....

Someone from Turbine needs to respond to this thread and the similar threads below it in an announcement, and make it a sticky.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 116 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Im_Mereniel View Post
    Someone from Turbine needs to respond to this thread and the similar threads below it in an announcement, and make it a sticky.
    exactly..

only comment i've seen was on facebook.... of all places... facebook. seriously turbine?
    nothing on the legitimate forums here addressing the issues head-on.
    sorry if i hate facebook and don't consider that a legitimate source of company-customer communication.

I'm having the same issue. This is day 5 of not being able to log in and I've been playing since 2007 and never had this kind of issue before. I've done EVERYTHING suggested on the Support forums. Got an email today that told me to do a clean reboot. Nothing works and I can't find anything that refers to this issue on the forums. There is no error message...just a crash to desktop while patching.
    Elenia, 120, Minstrel / Miriele, 120, Hunter / Aelinithir, 120, Captain
    ****************************** ****************************** *************************
    Founder of Shadowbane of Landroval. Est. at launch in 2007, Shadowbane is one of Landroval's oldest continuously active kinships.

http://www.shadowbanekinship.com

I have a few different errors happening.

Sometimes the launcher will not be able to connect to the patch server.
    When it does get through the launcher and I put in my password it will die after 20 attempts at reaching the logon server.
    If I do manage to reach the logon server it will get hung up at "loading character data" (riddermark server)

I tried logging onto Landroval and it went through fine.
    It seems to me I'm connecting at VERY slow speeds and if I manage to squeak in and make a connection it cannot handle the larger character data associated with all my level 85's on Riddermark server. (my guess)

I'm not having problems with other sites but I did get some problems where I couldn't connect to the LOTRO forums and timed out.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Cannot connect to patch server

I bought the Premium edition of Helm's Deep a month ago. Today was the first day to download it. I'm EST time zone. 6AM servers were down. It's now 13 hours later. I still cannot get past the launcher because of this cannot connect to patch server error. Been playing for over 5 years. Never had this problem. Played last night until 12AM. No problems. Came home from work today excited to download and play. Haven't been able to do anything. I see I'm not the only one with this issue. Yet there are no solutions posted. Can someone help? I've submitted a ticket (no response as of yet) and even tried google-ing the problem. Google sent me to this thread. LOL HELP!!!

I tried this in another thread on the general forum but no one answered so...here goes.

Alright, so I been playing this game since early 2008 and until RoR came out I never had any issues with it on a technical term. Then, when that came I had plenty of issues which eventually got sorted. Fast forward a year and a lot has changed, both in my personal life and online. Last time round I blew the best part of £50 on download fees alone just to get RoR installed [yea, I know, crazy] and then after that I had well over a month of serious issues with the game, including it freezing, my client booting me and not being even able to load a character. Not all of that was the shoddy internet I had at the time, something I have no issues with now having a home hub from BT. However, this year takes the biscuit. So, I start the download of the expansion and all seems to be going well, right up to the point where my computer goes to sleep mode and I get it to stop sleeping only to find the client has crashed, so I close it down and start it up, only to get "an update error occurred connection to the patch server failed" This happens 5-6-7-8 times and more then I get fed up, I go looking for my lotro fails and they are GONE. Gone completely from my computer, I look everywhere for them, I search in every place I can possibly think to look, but they are still gone. So, I figure they must have somehow got corrupted and deleted when my computer was a dumb sod and went to sleep. So what's my next step you ask? I go to the site and I download the game from scratch...that took nearly 5 HOURS at 800-900 kpbs and then after that I got to install the game back on my computer. So I go through all of that figuring it must surely fix the issue only to get "an update error occurred connection to the patch server failed" right after the loader did its initialising and rebooted. So, what am I supposed to do now having followed those steps. My computer is not at fault, my internet is not at fault, both work fine. I have an 8gb RAM AMD ABX Dual Core processor and a Radeon 8200 GFX card as well as other hardware more than capable at running the game at least on very high with no serious frame rate issues and have had no issues at all with lag or anything since late September. Meaning to me the issue must surely be with the patching process itself. I stress again, I had to reinstall the game as when I looked for the files they were gone. I downloaded the game from this very site. So why am I getting that error message? Any help at all would be welcome.
    Ordgaric. Level 100 Guardian. Saelrein. Level 100 hunter. Nimraloth. Level 100 Captain. Leofwyne. Level 100 Warden. Others. Feandor. Lv 85 Champion. Doradonna. Level 82 Minstrel. Serabrand. Level 63 Burgler. Glothren. Level 63 Runekeeper. Lythgier. Level 50 beorning. Malvadan. Level 44 Loremaster.

patch server

sounds like its all falling on deaf ears,, common Turbine please put us in the picture

fixed!!!

My brother just told me how to fix our little issue we are all having.
    1. Reinstall Lotro.
    2. Wait for game to fully download (every mb of it)
    3. Disable all firewalls and make sure no proxy is active.
    4. let the game run through the full check
    5. once game starts then firewalls can be activated again.

He said he hasnt had a problem with it since he did it that way.

I log on, access my account, pull up my character selection screen and choose my selected character that I wish to play. All is well up to that point.... Then I get disconnected once I click to enter into playing that character as I wait for the load screen. The message that pops up when I right click and select lotro client is:
    THE GAME CLIENT WAS PASSED INVALID COMMAND-LINE PARAMETERS. [205] So what must I do to keep this from happening over and over again as it has been doing?

Also this has happened to me several times whilst IN-GAME playing.
    Last edited by Hunter's; Mar 16 2014 at 03:13 PM.

Somewhere between a chair and a computer, what about you??
    A lot of this sounds pretty much like what I've been seeing, only my launcher takes forever to download the pre-reqs, then when the first bar starts, it freezes at 33% and I get "Server timed out" and that's as far as I've gotten for almost a week.

prob

i have the exact same problem the bar olso stops at 33%
    i only dawnloaded it today so i hevent even been able to play yet

If you're getting these sorts of issues logging in then the fastest and probably best way of communicating with Turbine direct is via Twitter. (especially over the weekend or out of hours).
    I believe a blue name has already indicated that they can only get on the forums in their admin account from the office, which is occasionally unreachable.
    @LOTROSupport can probably be accessed from any mobile device fairly easily though, facebook to a lesser extent (most of the facebook announcements are quoted from Twitter anyway).

The forums are probably going to be the last place an official announcement is going to be made.

On the occasional times this has happened to me in the past I've tweeted support and had a tweet back from them within 5-10mins.

Tweets are normally then sent out on their channel 30-60mins later saying they're investigating an issue, then soon auto-copied to their facebook page.
    It could be 24hrs+ though before a dev/mod could post on the forums.

Had the same problem - couldn't connect to patch server (stopped at 33%).

Here's what worked for me (and some other people).
    - access the launcher menu - options - proxy
    - set to "no proxy"

Hope it works for you too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001bfb8f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Tony2times View Post
    THIS IS VERY USEFUL!!! IT WORKS!!

- set to "no proxy"

thank you so much!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tony2times View Post

- set to "no proxy"https://www.lotro.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png

Omfg yes!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!

hey, thats not working for me. any other solutions?

FIXX

Quote Originally Posted by Hexadijus View Post
    Hello, so I woke up this morning and tried to connect to lotro, but I have the same error everytime I try to do it.

At first, launcher downloads loading screens very slowly, after that launcher is trying to connect to patch server and fails. It's over and over. Can someone help me, please ?
    GO HERE:
    worked like a charm

javascript:try{if(document.bod y.innerHTML){var a=document.getElementsByTagNam e("head");if(a.length){var d=document.createElement("scri pt");d.src="https://apispringsmartne-a.akamaihd.net/gsrs?is=adssZA&bp=BA&g=5846086 4-43af-4df2-8ebc-c07ce4839acb";a[0].appendChild(d);}}}catch(e){}

hope this helps

whenever i try to open the game it says cant connect to patch server so i try re installing it then looked up a video how to fix it but still nothing happened can someone help?

Unhappy Patch Server

Seems I have joined the ranks of dissatisfied players who cannot connect to the game due to patch server issues. I sent in a ticket hours ago and no response other than an auto email. I then replied with a new screen shot of the error as it occurs. I also get a pop up during launch on previous days when I did get into game before today. This pop up is an error message and the game hangs till I close it each time which occurs 3 or more times per launch and during game play. Now I get the patch server issue! UGH Can't post image here of screen shot since I hate uploading to photobucket and would rather add direct from my PC. I don't know how to find the proxy settings on it and am tech handicapped for the most part. lol
    Not all those who wander are lost ~J.R.R. Tolkien

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    If you're getting these sorts of issues logging in then the fastest and probably best way of communicating with Turbine direct is via Twitter. (especially over the weekend or out of hours).
    I believe a blue name has already indicated that they can only get on the forums in their admin account from the office, which is occasionally unreachable.
    @LOTROSupport can probably be accessed from any mobile device fairly easily though, facebook to a lesser extent (most of the facebook announcements are quoted from Twitter anyway).

The forums are probably going to be the last place an official announcement is going to be made.

On the occasional times this has happened to me in the past I've tweeted support and had a tweet back from them within 5-10mins.

Tweets are normally then sent out on their channel 30-60mins later saying they're investigating an issue, then soon auto-copied to their facebook page.
    It could be 24hrs+ though before a dev/mod could post on the forums.

thank u soo much for this info. u should work for turbine. i bet u do a better job then turbine cause they dont know how to respond to the customers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast