We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post Update 11.2

Of course right after posting that I don't crash much as long as I mind the graphics, I've begun crashing several times a day. This started immediately after update 11.2 and, since nothing has changed on my end, I think it must be related. Is anyone else having new troubles, crashing or otherwise? I've see some threads on the general discussion forum, but I'm interested to hear specifically from fellow mac client users.
    Mac Player

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000002c5e44/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Can't Login With The New Update

I'm a fellow mac user too and I haven't been able to login since the 11.12 update because of some internal error..

Quote Originally Posted by GBAS View Post
    I'm a fellow mac user too and I haven't been able to login since the 11.12 update because of some internal error..
    1- make certain you don't have any "Malware" protection enabled. See:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_...us.29_software

2- the "Internal Error" is usually a communications problem... typically when the patch server is down.

For me 11.2 has been quite "strange" -- I had no problems updating the Mac Client, but my WINE based PC client has been more than problematic.

So far, I've only run brief tests because I've moved my apartment and I'm living out of boxes ... but I don't see any problems.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

I should add... one thing I have discovered recently... your SYSTEM configuration makes a BIG difference.

I have a 27 inch iMac which had a memory mis-match. When I had it upgraded from 4G to 8G the tech's put in "compatible" but the wrong memory for my system. So I had 2 modules of one speed memory and 2 of another... OSX simply clocked everything down to the slower memory speed.

Similarly, the reason I got the memory upgrade was because Apple had recalled the internal disk-drive in my machine. Wile it wasn't failing, the replaced drive performs better. It was supposedly a direct replacement, but the new drive is 7200 RPM and I'll swear that the old drive was only 5400.

But in any event, LOTRO is playing much smoother now. BTW, I run on the default graphics settings.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)