We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Safari Not Allowing Log In to Forums ?

I've been frustrated for ages in not being able to log into the Mac (or any LoTRo forum) from my Mac using Safari. I finally decided to try Opera and was able to log into the forums with no problem.

Have any of you Mac users been able to log in with Safari? If so I am wondering what the settings difference is?

If not, and you are a Mac user, give Opera a try, you can get into the forums with no problem. Going to try Firefox next.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrushbone View Post
    I've been frustrated for ages in not being able to log into the Mac (or any LoTRo forum) from my Mac using Safari. I finally decided to try Opera and was able to log into the forums with no problem.

Have any of you Mac users been able to log in with Safari? If so I am wondering what the settings difference is?

If not, and you are a Mac user, give Opera a try, you can get into the forums with no problem. Going to try Firefox next.
    I have found no issues using Safari to log onto the LOTRO forums. Currently using Version 6.0.5.

Having said that the forums often kick you off requiring a log in again notably when trying to post to forums etc and is very slow to use as it has been for ages now. It also 'forgets' your login details even if 'remember' is selected requiring regular log in when visiting.

There was a new forum promised but nothing to date which is no real surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddlepip View Post
    There was a new forum promised but nothing to date which is no real surprise.
    Date was just announced yesterday -- Monday 28 July - 1 August.

Under Developer Diaries & Official Discussions: LOTRO Community Site Revamp July 28 - Aug 1, 2013 - ESTIMATED
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

Quote Originally Posted by Khrushbone View Post

I've never had a problem with Safari and the forums.lotro.com.

Logging in requires cookies, and there have "always" been problems "staying logged in" -- but those problems are not unique to the Mac or Safari.

Currently running 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion)

When you say "unable to login into" -- what do you mean?
    You should be able to SEE any of the forums (nominally in dark blue) but not be able to post to them without logging in to the forums... which requires you to user your in-game userid and password. If you have an old "forums" userid and password, they don't work.

If you have "Preferences/Privacy/Block Cookies" -- Always -- checked, you will NOT be able to login to the forums. (Or to use many other other services requiring cookies.)

Other than that, we need more information about your system to help more... OSX version, Safari version, etc.

Btw... I've not had "good experiences" with Opera now for about 10 years. (since it was first released). And for me, I find Firefox and Crome... icky. I've found Safari to be superior to all those others.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post

Under Developer Diaries & Official Discussions: LOTRO Community Site Revamp July 28 - Aug 1, 2013 - ESTIMATED
    Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post

Glad to see a date confirmed even if it is caveated with 'Estimated'.

Just a shame that we have to wait over 3 months for important updates announced as 'Soon' back in April.

Fingers firmly crossed.