We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need Help With Lost (Possibly deleted) Character

Roughly two to three years ago I played this game regularly. I took a rather long hiatus and decided to come back this week to play again. I tried to remember what server I used to play on. The server I am almost positive it was is Firefoot, but I checked that and it had no characters. Then I checked other servers, around 3-4 that I maybe used to play on, but no results. So then I registered my account onto the forums. After registering, I don't think the Characters tab was there. (I may be mistaken). So then I made a character to test it out. And it displayed my character I just made, but not my old one. So now I don't know what to do. Do I check every single server to see if my character is there? Or is there an easier way? Or was my character deleted due to actvity? Maybe a reason the characters tab is not displaying my old character is because you have to log into it in game for it to register on the forums, after registering a forums account, if you know what I mean :P. If staff or an experienced player could help me with this, that would be extremely appreciated.

Update: I checked all the servers, and no results. So that leads me to two possibilities. One is that the account was deleted. And two is that the character might be on my turbine account I use for DDO. But when I try to log into the account it says no subsription found, so I think I may have accidently canceled my subscription on the turbine account management, and this maybe fixed by getting a new product key.

No account is ever deleted by Turbine so far.

If you remember name of Your character on Firefoot, try add it as a friend on your new character. If it is there, it will be added, along with some ohter infol, like last time online.

If it is gone...

Two reasons - first, you use same account you used in past? If no, then you need recover and log in using old account login/pass combination. Afterwards 'characters' on top of forum will show you what chars you jhave on this account, and on what servers.

Second, less possible, but still - there was a security break about two years ago, and people reported increased amount of hackers stealing and deleting characters. You can go search more about it, but the thing is, if you were off the game at that time, you missed the warnings, the request to change password, and your account could be one of these unlucky to be accessed, stripped of valuables and then chars deleted to prevent recovery.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Ok thank you so much for the info. I think it may be on my other account, and I may have canceled my lotro subscription on that account. So is there any way I can get a key so I can check? If it's not I know that my account was breached. If my account was breached I'm guessing there is no way to recover the losses?
    Last edited by Brojo676; Jul 26 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Characters are specific to the account/subscription that you logged in with and the server that was logged into when the character was created. The two most common reasons for not finding a character is you are either logging in with the wrong account/subscription or you are logging into the wrong server. Contact Account Management and they can help find any/all accounts/subscriptions you have. If you know the character name, they can find what server they are on.

If, on the off chance, your account was stolen, Account Management can help with that as well. If the account was stolen and the characters deleted, there is a process to follow to have them recovered (free of charge). See the sticky in the Account Support Questions forum (bottom of forum list) on what to do if the account is stolen.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Thank you, I will contact Account Management immediately.