We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Traditional instances

Originally Posted by ColorSpecs
    "I'll be more specific. Will there be a traditional instance cluster offered during the course of the xpac cycle?"
    Reply by sapience
    "No. There are no plans to do so. Big Battles are our new instanced content."

Even after reading the part about big battles being only one tool of many to convey and live the story, and that future expansions may go back to traditional instances, I have to say this direct and honest post reply is the biggest punch in the gut I've experienced playing this game. No plans to create any traditional 3 6 or 12 man instances for over a year?

The helms deep experience (aka hytbold 2.0 with grouping), class revamps, and then.....festivals? Sounds great.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Originally Posted by ColorSpecs
    "I'll be more specific. Will there be a traditional instance cluster offered during the course of the xpac cycle?"
    Reply by sapience
    "No. There are no plans to do so. Big Battles are our new instanced content."

Even after reading the part about big battles being only one tool of many to convey and live the story, and that future expansions may go back to traditional instances, I have to say this direct and honest post reply is the biggest punch in the gut I've experienced playing this game. No plans to create any traditional 3 6 or 12 man instances for over a year?

The helms deep experience (aka hytbold 2.0 with grouping), class revamps, and then.....festivals? Sounds great.
    The way you say it, which is almost entirely wrong by the way, it doesn't sound so great. The truth of it is very different (thus why we're answering real questions in the actual thread).

And just to add a touch more clarification, the instance cluster concept is what I was referring to (which I think you understood based on your comments). Instances will exist obviously as Big Battles are themselves instanced.

So, back to the thread where you can ask questions and get answers with info.