We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Flight To The Lonely Mountain T2 challenge

Flight To The Lonely Mountain T2 challenge down for the french kindship "Les gardiens de la tour blanche"

Nice ! Congrats
    Leonydoc Poingdépice ~ Waden 85 ~ Sirannon[FR]
    Celenyx Ashenstar ~ Hunter 85 ~~ Proud members of ~~
    Narnyel Ashenstar ~ Runekeeper 85 ~ Guardians of the Argonath ~

More screenshots :

Note that the red has not been updated to 80, it stills fills up to 100 (but the challenge validates sooner).

The nerf really is huge, so it does not feel like the accomplishement it would have been with 100 mobs. For as long as the red bar is not "fixed", it is still possible to attempt the "pre-nerf" challenge ! I hope we will (am I crazy ?) !

Anyway, gratz to Les Gardiens de la Tour Blanche and also the 3 pick-up players wo helped : Coubiak from Les Neufs Cavaliers Blancs and Falosi and myself from Unquale.

And for those who wonder, here is what the mount looks like :

I like the dragon's throat pierced by an arrow, but the colors are stranged. Below is the war steed version, customized :
    Last edited by Gabli; Jul 25 2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typo

Nice one! Congrats!
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

I'm curious if there was any special server first title for the 12 of you completing all of your challenge deeds for the first time. Apart from that.. we got the mount image via Bullroarer..

Congrats!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Gratz. Did you guys have any lag when the spawns came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I'm curious if there was any special server first title for the 12 of you completing all of your challenge deeds for the first time. Apart from that.. we got the mount image via Bullroarer..

Congrats!

No, no specific reward for server first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm429 View Post
    Gratz. Did you guys have any lag when the spawns came out?
    Thanks, and we did lag everytime a wave with lots a summoners came out, so with two waves we had ~5sec of "strange" behaviour (no one could use any skill, some ennemies moved but some din't, etc). The other 5 were fine most of the time.

I wish my kins was still raiding . Most of our raiders just dont care anymore.

great job guy!!!

french represent!!!

Congratulations

Congratulations.

Let's see whether there are more coming with a fulfilled challenge.
    (Read that some will try next monday)

Big GZ! Well done!
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

nice, grats!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    Thanks, and we did lag everytime a wave with lots a summoners came out, so with two waves we had ~5sec of "strange" behaviour (no one could use any skill, some ennemies moved but some din't, etc). The other 5 were fine most of the time.
    Gratz on a job well done. Out of curiosity, did any FA symbols drop?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][B]Thorcar[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff8c00][B]Into The West - Elendilmir
    [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][B]Apex - Elendilmir[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    Gratz on a job well done. Out of curiosity, did any FA symbols drop?
    Only one FA symbol dropped -_-' ...

Congratulations for the excellent work. *thumbs up*

Very good! Grats!

Congrats by the achievement!
    Really good job.
    Me and some friends are trying to complete this challenge.
    I was wondering if you could share some intel on how the waves spawn can be handled to not get a 3 waves spawn instantly.
    Thanks if you dont mind doin it.
    [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2zzukn5.jpg[/IMG]

Flight T2C completed by Antithesis of Elendilmir….not going to lie, this took a lot of work planning a strat around the defining feature of the instance: lag.
    Glasscanon Chachii, The Greatest

Gratz to Antithesis! Elendilmir represent!

Good to know people are still raiding.

Congratulations on your success !
    Now that this is not french exclusive (cocorico !) anymore, I guess we can share the video of how we did that a month ago :

Everything did not go smoothly there : they were Jangovar captains that would not die properly ("corpse" standing still) which means we got delayed and the red bar did not go up when they "died", a champion dying because of summoners' spawn freeze, myself dying for running before checking my surroundings, the raid having to keep 3 archers alive throughout the first part instead of 2 because at some point we took down one additional warrior, ...

Thanks to Duoib (Les Gardiens de la Tour Blanche) and Edhelmellon (Incandescence) who remarkably filled the empty spots in our roster that night

Quote Originally Posted by jamieboy333 View Post

Flight T2C completed by Antithesis of Elendilmir….not going to lie, this took a lot of work planning a strat around the defining feature of the instance: lag.
    Big gratz gang. First NA right?
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    Big gratz gang. First NA right?
    I believe so as far as I can check ; not sure if anyone has finished but have not shared the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    Congratulations on your success !
    Félicitations to you, as well, on your World First kill!

The lag that we (Antithesis) experienced on Elendilmir was unlike anything in your video.

We started watching our combat analyses to time our lag during our attempts, and our "record" was just over 20 seconds of lag (for the entire raid), during a 4 summoner wave a couple weeks ago. 11-14 seconds was the norm with summoners/cats, although we could often "glide" around during that time, in choppy spurts. But we couldn't use skills or pot our effects during that time, so we had to deal with poison dots, etc. after the lag went away.

We even tried using 2 LMs to chain a path of sticky tar by the spawn point so we would still be alive when we "un-lagged".

As a result, we ended up with a lot of T2 kills, with total kills in the 65-78 range, as we ran out of time. Last night, we finally got it--lag wasn't the 20-second variety, but it was still the most challenging aspect of the fight--much credit is deserved to everyone in kin for sticking with it despite the lag frustrations.

Well since there's a fraps out now......We did mess around for weeks with different strats trying to compensate for the lag. With our final strat (which I'm sure the French can appreciate), we beat it comfortably on our first attempt despite the lag. Based on that understanding of the instance, I'm confident that this is a farmable challenge. Moreover, knowing what we know now, I'm disappointed that the challenge was reduced from 100 to 80. I confess to being one of the many that trash talked the original challenge as being absurd, but that was done out of ignorance. Even with the current lag, 100 kills is possible albeit difficult. If the lag was fixed, I think 100 kills is reasonable.
    Glasscanon Chachii, The Greatest

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast