During last Weatherstock I had an idea I'd like to share. In my homeland, during summer - but also through the whole year - it's quite typical that all towns have a local festivity. In small rural places it usually means some kind of dancing night, and in some places, some weird tradition. "Weird" goes for tomato battles, people swimming, or more barbaric traditions including animals.

Still, as a concept, I think it could work well in our virtual world. We have many kinships based on local places - the Shire, Bree... -, so it shouldn't be hard to pick some day to create a local festivity. At the very least, it could lead to good roleplaying chances, and also would be a good way to get out of the usual hubs and explore those least explored towns in our maps. How could the local party at Needlehole be? Or at Duillond? What about Gondamon?

As the base of the idea, I'd suggest local parties to have some sort of open ball, and some sort of local typical contest: a horse race, a foot race, swimming across a river... I'm sure imagination can be quite broad into bringing some brilliant ideas here.

So, what do you think?