We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    i have no issue with them taking their sweet time would rather them wait tell next year to release it but i know a lot of people would probably flame me for saying that but if they were to release it this year i still think we are looking at mid November now maybe beta starts in the next week or two if we are lucky
    No flames from me. I have enough stuff hanging about to keep busy in game for another year without an expansion.

The people who burn through new content like they expect the world to end in a week...now THEY would have a problem with a delayed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    No flames from me. I have enough stuff hanging about to keep busy in game for another year without an expansion.

The people who burn through new content like they expect the world to end in a week...now THEY would have a problem with a delayed expansion.
    hehe guess its different been working on slayer deeds on alts etc. not really to fuss right now

I think there are only two possibilities for HD:

1. doom-scenario: HD will be a fiasco and this would be the beginning of the end of LOTRO (if this end is/was already started it wil now be accelerated).
    2. Turbine wins the battle: Turbine will kick our (= all negative rumour makers) asses so hard with a new state of the art and up-to-date gameplaying mmorpg that it will be remembered for decennia in mmo-history.

just flip the coin Turbine!
    Last edited by Aaguil; Aug 05 2013 at 10:08 AM.

Sept. 22nd would be a great release date, but it's a Sunday, so it'd be odd to release it on that day, whereas releases tend to occur on Tuesdays. But hey, on the 22nd no doubt we'll get a new The Hobbit trailer, but Helm's Deep would be icing on the cake.
    Crogard Himblefoot - Hobbit Burglar of Brandywine
    The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies opens Dec. 17, 2014!
    [URL=http://s286.photobucket.com/user/LOTRfreak93/media/93aa4454-2af6-4ecc-9d04-5dc434914d4d.png.html][IMG]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/LOTRfreak93/93aa4454-2af6-4ecc-9d04-5dc434914d4d.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by donxavier View Post
    You're not taking into account the severe technical challenges of the Battle of the Hornburg portion of the HD expansion. Turbine has said, on multiple occasions, that battle was going to be their toughest challenge. Tons of orcs running around on screen, flying missiles and hundreds of defenders is not going to be easy on a game that is already plagued with resource issues and challenges.

I would be extremely surprised if we see beta in August, especially since we've heard nothing about pre purchase, which usually proceeds beta announcements by a month or two. Also, your estimation for an HD beta length seems a little too short. It would only give Turbine about a five week beta run. Rise of Isengard was in beta for about two months. Riders of Rohan was in beta even longer than that.

Only time will tell which of us is correct, or neither, but I'm fairly confident that Helm's Deep won't come this year. Part of me hopes I'm wrong and that Turbine will get it out the door in time. However, I'm also afraid that if they do get it out on time it will be a shoddy expansion.

If this is going to be the toughest challenge and they have done so poorly with the last two challenges, How bad is this one going to be? Also the longer this takes to come the better it is for people with my beliefs. And no matter how long it takes odds are it will be shoddy anyways. Some people will not like or understand what it is I'm saying and that's ok by me. but if the past holds any kind of record on turbine, we are all set for a grind of imaginable proportions.

Remember Hytbolt and the grind? people did it because there was nothing else. Remember the lagfest called Mounted combat and how bad that was/is. Turbines last two state of the art expansions happen to be the worst two done so far. How are we who have been so disappointed suppose to react to another of the many debacles we have seen?
    There will be a mass exodus if this doesn't go right. and as far as playability, who will want to do this more than once? Especially if the loot is so random!

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    If this is going to be the toughest challenge and they have done so poorly with the last two challenges, How bad is this one going to be? Also the longer this takes to come the better it is for people with my beliefs. And no matter how long it takes odds are it will be shoddy anyways. Some people will not like or understand what it is I'm saying and that's ok by me. but if the past holds any kind of record on turbine, we are all set for a grind of imaginable proportions.

Remember Hytbolt and the grind? people did it because there was nothing else. Remember the lagfest called Mounted combat and how bad that was/is. Turbines last two state of the art expansions happen to be the worst two done so far. How are we who have been so disappointed suppose to react to another of the many debacles we have seen?
    There will be a mass exodus if this doesn't go right. and as far as playability, who will want to do this more than once? Especially if the loot is so random!
    Does LOTRO even have enough end-game players left for any exodus to qualify as a mass exodus. That small point aside I do agree with you, they have a rather bad track record lately when it comes to new endgames and features, how many more chances can they get? A large amount of people have already left, if this flops(and it almost certainly will) the game will officially be on life support.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Given that we're a little more than a week away from September, the fact that they normally do two to three months of beta and allocating in any potential temporal junction points for the space-time continuum, I'm going to shoot for late November or early December. But if there's a rift, then I'm going to shoot for early December or late November as time itself may become reversed.

Given that they haven't even announced the pre-order details and as far as I know, Helm's Deep isn't even up on Bullroarer yet, I don't think it's going to be any time soon. I am thinking maybe just in time for Christmas, but who knows. I guess one person's guess is as good as mine. I wonder if they have a date set to announce the pre-orders. I am looking forward to that so much.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Given that we're a little more than a week away from September, the fact that they normally do two to three months of beta and allocating in any potential temporal junction points for the space-time continuum, I'm going to shoot for late November or early December. But if there's a rift, then I'm going to shoot for early December or late November as time itself may become reversed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    Given that they haven't even announced the pre-order details and as far as I know, Helm's Deep isn't even up on Bullroarer yet, I don't think it's going to be any time soon. I am thinking maybe just in time for Christmas, but who knows. I guess one person's guess is as good as mine. I wonder if they have a date set to announce the pre-orders. I am looking forward to that so much.
    It has been noted that Bullroarer has been removed from the Forum Servers list. That does kind of suggest that Turbine *may* be prepping the Beta Forums, and indirectly implies they're gearing up for beta testing to start. I wouldn't want to place any bets on when those activities will start, but within a couple of weeks would be a reasonable guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post

I can't imagine Turbine releasing it close to Christmas, as they would likely want to have most people doing the Yule festival, instead of getting caught up in the race to level cap, and to Helm's Deep Big Battles...seems counter-productive to me...
    "The world weighs on my shoulders, but what am I to do? You sometimes drive me crazy, but I worry about you. I know it makes no difference to what you're going through, but I see the tip of the iceberg, and I worry about you"

One thing is safe to say, with each passing week, the horizon is pushed further in time.

The rest is indeed speculation. Christmas is one of those time periods that game publishers like to use for their new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    One thing is safe to say, with each passing week, the horizon is pushed further in time.

The rest is indeed speculation. Christmas is one of those time periods that game publishers like to use for their new releases.
    Fall 2013 - Either end of November or Mid/late December.

Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post

What game publishers--and lots of other companies as well--like to do is release in time for the main Christmas buying season, the core of which starts in late November. Of course, with electronic distribution, they don't need the extra lead time of getting boxes and disks made, but they'd still want it out there before all the Christmas present money is allocated and spent.

Its also possible to launch the game which is out for the Hobbit 2? good PR and could even if WB thinks about it add a advert before the movie!
    Unofficial Snowbourn Events Team Leader
    Founder of Element Zero Gaming Group
    Element Zero - Snowbourn
    [url]www.ez-guild.com[/url] or [url]www.twitter.com/honvik[/url]

I just read elsewhere that LOTRO will not be represented at the 2013 Pax Prime. That's a little strange, don't you think? HD is supposed to be out in a few months yet, to my knowledge, Turbine hasn't been to a single trade show to promote, or even talk about, the new expansion. There's no pre-order announcement, very little details on the expansion itself and no real promotional art to speak of. Makes me wonder if they're so far behind on getting this thing out the door that they just don't have anything prepared to show us. With each passing day an early 2014 release date is looking more and more likely.
    Don't vote for Sapience...vote for meeeee!!!!!

I bet 13 December +- 10days
    [IMG]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000078e83/01008/signature.png[/IMG]
    [url=http://lotroaltfinder.net/Evernight/Embolo]Alts[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by donxavier View Post
    With each passing day an early 2014 release date is looking more and more likely.

Agreed, it seems like there was a large marketing campaign the prior months to RoR releasing. Well there is only a few months left and not much has been shown, well, except for that art they are revealing a little at a time, *unenthusiastic "woo"*

Trapped in a community of cells, commonly referred to as a body, which is located in Ireland
    Not even guessing on date, just a bit worried as character ready for transfer. I will lose all the bounder tokens :'( but oh well, can't be helped

As for those running the last expansions down and are doomsaying lotro over all - I personally love this game, and even though it might not be state of the art modern miracle gaming - to me Lotro has kept its charm over the years. I adore my warsteeds, and even if mounted combat isn't always working perfectly, I can live with its flaws and am still enjoying it. This game offers so much, to complete all the deeds alone is a huge goal, and I doubt many have accomplished it. To me Helm's Deep could still wait, as even after over 3 years I have so much unexplored and unfinished.. but I know no matter what that I will love Helm's Deep, as I have loved every expansion in its own right. This is the pixel version of Middle Earth, which allows Tolkien fans to dream, and as long as there will be Tolkien fans, this game will have a player base, in my view anyway, but whether all the figures will add up to WB's full satisfaction, that's obviously a different matter.. >.>

Hope the release will still be quite a while away, I want to be able to earn those tokens on new server, as I doubt they will transfer! *sobs* :P
    [center]Farewell Windfola and hiya there Laurelin!
    (even though it means starting out completely anew due to not being able to transfer US/EU wide)
    5 years lotro - and still loving it <3
    [/center]

@Starina -

I'm with you 100%. This game gets me excited about the books (currently reading the Silmarillion), which I go back and read and become more excited about the game. The films fall in there somewhere, too.
    I've played it on and off for 4 years and I'm not going anywhere as long as the servers are up.

the helms deep

i too would like to seen when it comes of the helms deep expansion could tell me please: P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3