We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Speculation] Possible release date for Helm's Deep?

I've heard rumors that at the first light of the fifth day, we should look to the east.

But seriously, wouldn't it be awesome if the expansion went live on the 5th of October, November, or December? Little things like this really tickle me for some reason.

For example, whether it was intentional or not, the Rise of Isengard launch date (and pre-purchase availability) was announced eleventy-one (111) days in advance.

I like the idea of Lore appropriate marketing but if it was like that, we'd really need to wait till March next year could anyone want that?

My guess is that we will see the expansion in November and the IC on March 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutsten View Post
    My guess is that we will see the expansion in November and the IC on March 3rd.
    Not on March 15th?

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    For example, whether it was intentional or not, the Rise of Isengard launch date (and pre-purchase availability) was announced eleventy-one (111) days in advance.
    That wasn't intentional, but even I have to admit that's pretty cool.

I mean.. yeah... we totally meant to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    That wasn't intentional, but even I have to admit that's pretty cool.

I mean.. yeah... we totally meant to do that!
    If the date isn't set yet ( or it's super, duper top secret, turbine security clearance level 10 ), will there be an update for the expansion soon?

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoes View Post
    If the date isn't set yet ( or it's super, duper top secret, turbine security clearance level 10 ), will there be an update for the expansion soon?
    It's actually level 42.

There is information coming. The team is currently working on the next 20 Questions article. It is 100% about Big Battles/Instances.

It's actually level 42.

There is information coming. The team is currently working on the next 20 Questions article. It is 100% about Big Battles/Instances.
    Now we can start speculating about the release date of the next 20 Questions article!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005f578/01000/signature.png]Karaoke[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheRealm View Post
    Now we can start speculating about the release date of the next 20 Questions article!
    As it is the 3rd set of 20 questions, I predict the release date will be the number days of July minus 3, going to the 28th of July.
    Otherwise, it would be 20 days ahead of that date due to there being 20 questions, so the other possible release date would be the 13th of August.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheRealm View Post
    i would say today or tomorrow
    [CENTER]Es grüßt [URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/r15i.png/"]General Hauptmann[/URL] Milithion - Held der Ettenöden

[LEFT]Sippenleiter von [URL="http://www.mndk.de/"]MNdK[/URL]
    Technische Hilfe FAQ: [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?402521-Technische-Hilfe-FAQ[/URL]
    [/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

I am busy making a formula to calculate automatically the release date based on the information given by Turbine.
    I will keep you in touch when I will give you more information about the developments of the formula-creation...

Sounds very interesting!

There's something special about Lotro I must say... Any other game would have me interested in the expansion itself, here, I get all excited about information about information about the expansion....

It's actually level 42.

Given how the next 20 Questions article will actually include the 42nd Question (!), you have raised just the bar on expectations here.

I'll enjoy reading those while relaxing on my towel on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaguil View Post
    I am busy making a formula to calculate automatically the release date based on the information given by Turbine.
    I will keep you in touch when I will give you more information about the developments of the formula-creation...
    Do equip the horseshoe while formulating! I assure you much progress in mathematics would have been slower without a bit of plain luck.

And wear a tinfoil hat to know the worst possible outcome. Any kind of serious forecasting is moot unless all boundairy conditions have been determined.

towels

Now I am bummed i eventually sold my horseshoe. I can at least make a fur blanket in wildermore to rest on, that's close. I am kinda excited about what different aspect helm's deep brings to the game. They mentioned activities for level 10+ which means even new users will have a different, more broad and more immediately immersive experience. Which is good. More is good.

Towels are good. Fighting Rooster Chicken mode is awesome.

Do you think Sapience ever played EVE? I love his Pew Pew icon. As I used to say in EVE before I quit it forever for LOTRO... don't die.

I believe they said the 20 Questions would be published regularly.........on an Irregular schedule.

It's late announcement coupled with the fact that we're five months away from the end of the year and Turbine has released very little info about this expansion, let alone even starting to talk about beta, lead me to believe this thing will not see a 2013 release. Also, as far as I know, Turbine hasn't been to a single gaming convention so far in 2013. That's a little odd with a new expansion in the pipeline for later this year. Helm's Deep, from what little they've told us, sounds like its going to take a lot of work and tech on their part. I just don't see them pulling it off successfully on a rushed schedule, which is certainly what a Fall 2013 release would be.

Of course, I'm not privy to the inner workings of Turbine. They might surprise us and pull this off within the 2013 time frame but I doubt it. Realistically, I see this expansion coming out sometime first quarter 2014...that is if they want to release a quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by donxavier View Post
    They might surprise us and pull this off within the 2013 time frame but I doubt it. Realistically, I see this expansion coming out sometime first quarter 2014...that is if they want to release a quality product.
    I'd say the first quarter of 2014 is the time when HD will start looking like a quality product, regardless of its release date.

Guys ...

Robert Heinlein once said, "Don't make too much stew out of one oyster."

You are making whole cauldrons of stew out of no oysters at all.

I would like to know more about the Helm's Deep expansion too, but they're gonna tell us when they tell usl
    Last edited by djheydt; Jul 26 2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Can not wait for news. Am so excited about Helms Deep : )

Hope they tell us what the pre-order options are soon : )

Quote Originally Posted by donxavier View Post
    It's late announcement coupled with the fact that we're five months away from the end of the year and Turbine has released very little info about this expansion, let alone even starting to talk about beta, lead me to believe this thing will not see a 2013 release. Also, as far as I know, Turbine hasn't been to a single gaming convention so far in 2013. That's a little odd with a new expansion in the pipeline for later this year. Helm's Deep, from what little they've told us, sounds like its going to take a lot of work and tech on their part. I just don't see them pulling it off successfully on a rushed schedule, which is certainly what a Fall 2013 release would be.

Of course, I'm not privy to the inner workings of Turbine. They might surprise us and pull this off within the 2013 time frame but I doubt it. Realistically, I see this expansion coming out sometime first quarter 2014...that is if they want to release a quality product.
    I certainly wouldn't complain about a Spring 2014 release. I've got enough stuff going on to keep me busy in game for a year...at least. I am not making any claim that there is as much as a single other player that feels the same way. I do know--from comments in some threads--that there are people who feel that they have nothing left to do until HD launches and are, therefore, champing at the bit for it to be released ASAP, if not sooner.

I dare say that there are some executives at WB who will be mightily annoyed if Turbine doesn't release in the "Fall 2013" time frame. I don't know if that annoyance would rise to the "heads will roll" level or not, though.

Title:

- " I don't care if they get it all 4 free . they will learn to play . they will learn from us

Dunno about the HD launch date, but the new Forums are being set up starting on Monday (7/28) through Thursday (8/1).

So...maybe more HD data next Friday? /shrug It'll happen when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Dunno about the HD launch date, but the new Forums are being set up starting on Monday (7/28) through Thursday (8/1).

So...maybe more HD data next Friday? /shrug It'll happen when it happens.
    Well, we do know that we'll be getting HD information--at least about instances and battle-something-or-others (a new type of skirmish?)--with the next 20 Questions and Sapience said a possible date for the release of the next 20 Questions would be when the forums come back up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005f578/01000/signature.png]Karaoke[/charsig]

My guess is September 22nd.. as it's in the fall and it's Bilbo's and Frodo's birthday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast