We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's next after SA 65s?

Greetings (again!).

Please would anyone who has experience and an opinion of LIs above level 65 and below the level cap express their thoughts on if/when/how/what/why/where/who/which/etc. anyone who has a 2nd age level 65 LI should replace it with another?

Hopefully there are enough people who aren't on holiday to give a good number of ideas

Depends on how fast/easy you level. Personally when levelling alts I stick to my 65 SAs until I can use a 75 SA, but if you think you need more DPS it can be worth it to get a level 68-72 third age weapon inbetween (for class items the level isn't that important). If you can't (or don't want) to get a 75 SA weapon I'd probably get a new third age weapon whenever my current weapon is around (item-)level 50 and level it until my current weapon is maxed before equipping it.
    But as said, it's very dependant on your personal playstyle.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

What Grimdi said really.

65-75 kinda goes quickly for me, so 75sa is the next i would invest in.

Tbh i usually go from 60fa to 75sa

It does very much depend on your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLilyAllen View Post
    Greetings (again!).

Please would anyone who has experience and an opinion of LIs above level 65 and below the level cap express their thoughts on if/when/how/what/why/where/who/which/etc. anyone who has a 2nd age level 65 LI should replace it with another?

Hopefully there are enough people who aren't on holiday to give a good number of ideas
    The best thing, as expressed before, is to not invest anything into LIs while leveling (except so you can experience it, if you so desire).

Yes that includes not messing with a crafted second age 65, because (take a look at the diagram in my signature), the third age you're going to pick up with 66? It's already better (unless we're talking about a staff, rune stone or belt, then the 68 is the first one that's better).

SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

As said above, if you are struggling around 70-72 or so, I'd replace the weapon with a Third Age for the DPS bump. Otherwise you can try to wait it out. I have found that a level 76 Third Age tends to outshine level 75 Second Age. And for 76+, it's pretty much a matter of how often you want to replace them, how many IXP runes you have, and availability of LI with acceptable passives/legacies.

For class item, many classes can get away with 65SA >> 75SA >> 85 assuming you get something you like.