We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I have been very critical lately of the poor content we have received at level 85. I created this thread as something different. Somehow it gets dragged into the gutter further sapping my will to play the game. Is it possible on this forum to start a thread that is about more than one person playing the game together with out bringing the forced grouping argument into it? The content I was talking about was almost 100% solo. I just found it to be more enjoyable with other players. It saddens me that there are players that feel they should never have to interact with other players, to each his own.

My comments in the op are about meeting players in game before and after open tapping, not the actual mechanics and nuances of of the mechanic.

Yes I know that open tapping is good for the game.

Yes I know people do not want to be forced to group with other people.

This threads spirit is not about forced grouping or about how the mechanics of open tap are better than the old system.

What I would have rather seen is stories about the new players you have met before and after the system came into the lower level regions.

I think I was asking how do you meet new players in this new age, because I would rather roll a low level alt and make new friends than mindlessly grind sambrog or Hytbold/Wildermore.

Maybe I was not clear enough.

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE OLD SYSTEM OF CLOSE TAPPING COME BACK.

What I do want to do is make some friends while I'm questing, that I can enjoy upcoming content with for years. Via the old system I found it easier to do this. How does one do this with the new system? How do we make new players get a positive feeling about working together.

The social aspect of MMO's gives me more enjoyment than solo questing or even the endgame at level 85. The fun I have had over the last 9 years in MMO's has come from this type of interaction. I understand that there are those who feel the opposite.

The threads spirit was not about forced, interaction, grouping or any of that. Simply reading the entire post would confirm that. If you do not like having a quest buddy then you probably would not understand my frustrations. As it has been said in the past no one is forced to do anything in this game. Toons can easily reach level cap without grouping 1 time. There is no reason to fight that fight anymore. I did not start this thread as a way for people to defend or attack the new open tapping system. IF you feel the need for that there are many other threads defending and attacking the new system.

I like open tapping.

TL;DR
    My main purpose for the thread was:

Have your social interactions with new players increased or decreased with the new open tap system.

How have you met new players with the new system, because I am just not finding them?
    Last edited by Minquinn; Jul 24 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Pleasant story, but unfortunately for every one of those there are a dozen others of people jumping in at the last second to get the tap on a boss mob with a long respawn timer, or people completely clearing out an area before you even get a chance to tap one, as happened so very often before Rohan.

Certainly Open Tapping is not a perfect mechanic, but overall I'd say the pros outweigh the cons.
    Hyperbole. While I've met dozens and dozens of people through LOTRO, I can only remember a few times where someone jumped the line (if there was ever anything that could be called a line) and tagged a mob I was waiting for. While your experience may be different, I'm sure it doesn't average out to a 12:1 ratio. And even if it did, one could argue that 12 instances of a 2-minute inconvenience were worth the possibility of 1 person finding a friend for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_R View Post
    Hi,

I remember running around being scared of accidentally 'helping' people. This to a degree i often waited so long before i put a heal on someone (or helped kill the mob) the people i was about to 'help' where dead already

Nope, i don't want that system back...

There might be some drawbacks, sure, but seriously: To implement a system where you get punished for helping people/getting help in a game based on LotR just seems so horrible wrong i consider any change to this to be a good one

I'm pretty sure new players, (who have never played during the 'you stole my xp!'-era), would not believe me if i told them how it once worked...

Regards
    /T
    Another problem I've never had in 6+ years. I always helped people who appeared to need help and not *once* did I ever hear the "you stole my XP!" response that some people claim was so prevalent. I can only imagine the people who heard it a lot were "helping" when the player clearly didn't need any help. And I'm sure the people who didn't want help before still don't want help, they just grumble and simmer instead of lashing out, since there was no cut into their XP. Or maybe those people stopped playing, in which case open tapping isn't helping there, either.

I love the mechanic, but I'd much prefer that it be confined to the most recent expansion area, where people would actually be fighting over mobs. The need to group is a real icebreaker for people who want it, and can be avoided by waiting 2 minutes for a respawn if you don't. Instead, people who want to group are subtly encouraged (and sometimes not so subtly) to rush to endgame, at which point they discover that Turbine is more focused on the leveling process (that they just blew through) than they are at creating group content at cap.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post
    Have your social interactions with new players increased or decreased with the new open tap system.

How have you met new players with the new system, because I am just not finding them?
    Oh in that case you worded your OP a bit weird.

Since i'm not really looking to meet new people through normal play i can't answer any of the two questions.
    Last edited by Thorwyn99; Jul 24 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Im not harmed by it, nor is anyone else I reckon. But it kinda does make me think back to the old dark times, before the empire.

I used to have to walk up a hill in the snow, barefoot, on a breakfast of only hot pockets and mountain dew to get to my mobs. Then I would wait at the top of said hill until said mob felt like spawning, since it has a 7 day respawn timer, and THEN you hope its not the placeholder, or that you get the item you're looking for which has a drop rate of around %0.666 rounded down to the nearest number that the developer feels is most painful.

Then after you've accounted for all that, thats when you worry about wether you get the first hit on it or not. I reckon this community doesnt really know what problems are. But thats just my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Protestah View Post
    Im not harmed by it, nor is anyone else I reckon. But it kinda does make me think back to the old dark times, before the empire.

I used to have to walk up a hill in the snow, barefoot, on a breakfast of only hot pockets and mountain dew to get to my mobs. Then I would wait at the top of said hill until said mob felt like spawning, since it has a 7 day respawn timer, and THEN you hope its not the placeholder, or that you get the item you're looking for which has a drop rate of around %0.666 rounded down to the nearest number that the developer feels is most painful.

Then after you've accounted for all that, thats when you worry about wether you get the first hit on it or not. I reckon this community doesnt really know what problems are. But thats just my take.
    Well i don't know how dark the times where at the point, but i have done my daoc Epic quest line......

I Must be Awful

I've met the same number of questing buddies with "open tapping" and "closed tapping"; zero. I must be awful. Then again, I'm also very picky and don't like adventuring with people who run around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for things to kill... I'm a planner. :*(

Quote Originally Posted by brianvencill View Post
    I've met the same number of questing buddies with "open tapping" and "closed tapping"; zero. I must be awful. Then again, I'm also very picky and don't like adventuring with people who run around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for things to kill... I'm a planner. :*(
    Some people are just born extroverts. But I imagine MMOs are filled with an inordinate number of introverts, who may need more of an icebreaker than others. Sure, there will be people who, even after meeting people, will prefer to play the game alone. I just think, having seen the game go from group-oriented to solo, that both population and community decline when we're encouraged to be social hermits. What we want, what we need, and what Turbine needs us to do to remain fiscally viable are often three different things.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

There are many advantages to open tapping, but also disadvantage. Obviously, with the way mounted combat was designed open tapping was needed in the rohan zones. I often leveled/quested with 20 mounted orcs in tow (or some rediculous number) that I all picked up with aoe skills, and if it was not setup for open tapping that could be seen as "mob stealing" as I was training a whole field of orcs on my tail, and no one else with a kill-so-many-orcs quest would get one until I killed em all. So there is a need.

I do love open tapping in the older zones too. But I do agree to a POINT with the topic starter as it prevents people from being forced to group with each other. My example: when questing in Moria I needed to fight a 9k elite baddie. No big deal, I had soloed him before on other toons so I went to work to get to him and started the fight. I noticed a burglar in the area doing quests, and not long before I finished the mob all over sudden there is the burglar in front of me delivering the final blow. He had sneaked around me and the fighting mob, and could now easily get the quest mob with 1 jab.

I am guilty of the same of course, a good many times I arrived at a quest baddie, only to find him with 30% health left and being fought by another player. Of course then you join in for the kill. Even worse, I arrived at Bugud with him with only 15k health left and came in just for the final kill shot. And he was being duo'd by 2 people who had done all the work. Now of course in both cases no one lost anything, except maybe the annoyance that someone got the quest completion with very little work.

This all said, I think open tapping is good, but maybe it should need an adjustment. I'm fine with getting quest credit for a single hit (as in a "kill 10 orcs" kind of quest or kill the boss), but perhaps the experience gained should be changed: FULL exp for the engaging player, AND full exp if in fellowship for everyone, but only a QUARTER exp if you come in and just add 1 shot just so you get the exp.

Also, I think LOTRO should focus more on fellowship play. I have completely soloed my LM to level 85, give or take one or two fellowships, and although I think it should not be impossible to solo, perhaps an advantage should be added to fellowship play. Perhaps a 10% exp bonus on kills for every group member up till 6, provided everyone in the fellowship is in a 10 level radius. (You don't want to have 3 level 85s doing hytbolds anyways grouped up with a level 20 in barows, a level 52 in moria, and a level 70 in dunland just to get the exp bonus.....).

I also think there should be more/better/revamped low level content. Some of the original zones may need a Moria-like makeover. I love Moria the way it has become after the revamp and enjoy leveling there. I also think there should be some new instances based in the older zones that would entice group play a bit more.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

To be honest my interactions have increased but it's got nothing to do with which tap system is on.

I've met more people in low level areas simply because there are seemingly more of them lately. I've helped people more because I've been travelling around with a high level character that can help out better. I've reached out more because I feel more confident in my skills, and I've moved from a very lore and story-centric playstyle to a more relaxed one. All which are personal aspects that have very little to do with the game mechanics themselves.

That being said -

How do we make new players get a positive feeling about working together.
    That's gonna be a rather difficult topic to tackle if you don't wanna talk about the game mechanics but I think we can move the discussion to the realm of human interaction in general - since that seems to be the core of your grievances.

What baffles me the most is that you seem to be pissed at the game (and all those players that "sadden" you) for not providing you with a reliable stream of people that want to play with you whenever you feel like it.

Well unsurprisingly, people do not play this game only to satisfy your need for social interaction. They play for their own satisfaction, and sometimes (can't predict where or when - and most importantly you can't force it if you want it to be meaningful) your needs and their needs mesh and something cool happens.

But that unpredictable and chaotic aspect is precisely the difference between playing with real people and playing with NPCs. Because, you know, that's how human beings work and no amount of gameplay mechanics is gonna change that.
    Last edited by Taravith; Jul 24 2013 at 12:24 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

TL;DR

My social interactions don't seem to have changed at all. I've done most of the quests in the game a half dozen times, and some more than a dozen times. There's not much adventure or exploration left for me in LOTRO, and leading another player around on a leash doesn't seem like it would be very adventurous for him or her, either. (Not to mention, it would slow me down.)

I haven't met new players with the new system, because I haven't tried to.

Quote Originally Posted by Taravith View Post

What baffles me the most is that you seem to be pissed at the game (and all those players that "sadden" you) for not providing you with a reliable stream of people that want to play with you whenever you feel like it.

Well unsurprisingly, people do not play this game only to satisfy your need for social interaction. They play for their own satisfaction, and sometimes (can't predict where or when - and most importantly you can't force it if you want it to be meaningful) your needs and their needs mesh and something cool happens.
    No I wasn't asking the developers to force anyone to do anything.

I was wondering what people do now a days to meet new players in the game since my old method is extinct.

I have been playing the current MMO's since 05-, 06. I understand that players do not play the game solely for my enjoyment. Earlier on there were certainly more friendly players open to working with others. (just an observation)

Geez you are making me out to be a bitter old man by putting words in my mouth. If that is what satisfies your need then gratz.

Could you tell me any new ways to meet new players that maybe I have not tried?

That's gonna be a rather difficult topic to tackle if you don't wanna talk about the game mechanics but I think we can move the discussion to the realm of human interaction in general - since that seems to be the core of your grievances.

I believe I was looking for players ideas on how to meet new players, since I enjoy that. I'm not asking Turbine to force players to play with me because that is not genuine.

I understand people do not play the game for my personal satisfaction.

OTHER THAN:
    1. landscape quests
    2. PUGS
    3. Kin

What are other ways to meet new players? I have tried all three and had zero luck lately. My kin like many others is deserted due to the development changes.

what can I do to encourage players to quest or run content with me?

I'm not a bitter old man as you have kind of made me out to be. I'm one of the more friendly players in game.

what can I do to encourage players to quest or run content with me?

I'm not a bitter old man as you have kind of made me out to be. I'm one of the more friendly players in game.
    I'd suggest creating a brand new character on whatever happens to be the recommended world for new players of your language in the launcher at the time. Right now, that server is Meneldor for English language players.

Most new players give up on the game in less than a month. (Evidence for this is that login activity peaks on a newly recommended server after about 4 weeks, then levels off, and finally drops again over about a month after the server is no longer recommended.) Maybe if an experienced player was there to hold their hands and answer their questions, they'd stick around a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I'd suggest creating a brand new character on whatever happens to be the recommended world for new players of your language in the launcher at the time. Right now, that server is Meneldor for English language players.
    As noted by my signature Melendor is the server I currently play on. The situation there is not getting any better. I like this idea. Maybe I should start all over on a different server. Could anyone suggest another server?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Most new players give up on the game in less than a month. (Evidence for this is that login activity peaks on a newly recommended server after about 4 weeks, then levels off, and finally drops again over about a month after the server is no longer recommended.) Maybe if an experienced player was there to hold their hands and answer their questions, they'd stick around a bit longer.
    I have been this player in multiple MMO's. I have even gotten some to stick around to level 75 even though they wanted to quit at 30.

Thanks for the insightful post.

Some players have had luck by making posts like "Looking for leveling buddy" in their server forums. If other players take the time to read and reply to that message, I'd guess they'd be more likely to follow through on that kind of partnership.

To be honest my interactions have increased but it's got nothing to do with which tap system is on.

I've met more people in low level areas simply because there are seemingly more of them lately. I've helped people more because I've been travelling around with a high level character that can help out better. I've reached out more because I feel more confident in my skills, and I've moved from a very lore and story-centric playstyle to a more relaxed one. All which are personal aspects that have very little to do with the game mechanics themselves.

That being said -

But that unpredictable and chaotic aspect is precisely the difference between playing with real people and playing with NPCs. Because, you know, that's how human beings work and no amount of gameplay mechanics is gonna change that.
    You sound like a rather bitter old man my friend that wants to spread the bitterness around.

I am afraid that Open Tapping HAS introduced a major change to social interaction in this game. Like it or not times have changed and the social aspect, which was such a large part of LotRO in years past, is no more. It has become so solo-centric now, so much so that social interaction is now the exception rather than the norm. Why bother to cooperate with others or team up when you can play just like a drive-by shooting? Players used to form fellowships to share kills for slayer deeds and talk to each other. Now why bother? Just hit the mob as you pass, get equal credit and move on. Who did you share it with? What name or class? Who cares, it's a game for soloists now!

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    You sound like a rather bitter old man my friend that wants to spread the bitterness around.
    For a "bitter old man" (I lol'd) I seem to have a comparatively healthier concept of human interaction. So no, you won't hear me deplore that people are no longer forced to play together as opposed to playing together when they feel like it and it's actually enjoyable.

Why bother to cooperate with others or team up when you can play just like a drive-by shooting?
    Er, I dunno, because it's nice? And if they don't, it's maybe because they do not feel like it? Is that not enough of a reason? Is it so unthinkable and intolerable that different people have different ways of enjoying themselves? Would you rather enlist everyone in a Compulsory Enjoyment Program?

"You are not having fun the same I do, you're having fun WRONG!"

But I dunno, maybe it's people wondering why they can't find anyone to play with them as soon as they're not forced to anymore that should start questioning themselves. Others apparently don't face that issue so it's clearly not a game mechanics issue.
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

As noted by my signature Melendor is the server I currently play on. The situation there is not getting any better. I like this idea. Maybe I should start all over on a different server. Could anyone suggest another server?

I have been this player in multiple MMO's. I have even gotten some to stick around to level 75 even though they wanted to quit at 30.

Thanks for the insightful post.
    You seem both friendly and helpful. I think this is what most players are looking for in a kinship, at least when they're just beginning.

If your kinship isn't providing you with the social interaction you're looking for, have you considered starting your own? Perhaps it would attract some birds of a feather.

I am afraid that Open Tapping HAS introduced a major change to social interaction in this game. Like it or not times have changed and the social aspect, which was such a large part of LotRO in years past, is no more. It has become so solo-centric now, so much so that social interaction is now the exception rather than the norm. Why bother to cooperate with others or team up when you can play just like a drive-by shooting? Players used to form fellowships to share kills for slayer deeds and talk to each other. Now why bother? Just hit the mob as you pass, get equal credit and move on. Who did you share it with? What name or class? Who cares, it's a game for soloists now!
    I disagree. The other day we formed a group to take out a rare turtle in Angmar, for example. People still run skirms, dungeons, and raids. Freeps need to group in the Moors to survive. Etc etc.

Open tapping has been one of the nicest things done to an MMO. What it has taken away is a lot of headaches and conflicts.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000fded1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by chufa View Post
    I disagree. The other day we formed a group to take out a rare turtle in Angmar, for example. People still run skirms, dungeons, and raids. Freeps need to group in the Moors to survive. Etc etc.

Open tapping has been one of the nicest things done to an MMO. What it has taken away is a lot of headaches and conflicts.
    True groups do still form occasionally, but they are very rare now compared to the way things were. How often do players form adhoc fellowships to clear a spiders nest for a slayer deed, or agree to group for wolves above Celondim, etc? Now its all rush in and tap quick before it dies and grab your share, stuff everyone else. They don't even consider a fellowship to share kills and get it done in half the time. No, now it is the soloist drive-by-shooting mentality and who wants to be social? We just want to grab our share and if you don't get a share tough! That's why open tapping is double-edged. It made it easier to ignore other s completely, made the game even more solocentric and discourages any need for being social at all.

Well maybe for you the experience is different, but the random groups for the purpose of being effective at something you are not effective doing alone were never the talktive kind. It's mostly hi let's get this over with and bye.
    It was pretty obvious people didn't really want to group and just did it cause it was the best option.

Of course i met one or two good people in a random group that i even got friends with for a while but that was the exception not the rule, and it could just as well happen with open tapping.

Hey maybe that's just my not so nice personality lol but i really doubt the meeting good people at every corner really happened through groups of necessity.

Now its all rush in and tap quick before it dies and grab your share, stuff everyone else. They don't even consider a fellowship to share kills and get it done in half the time.
    That's where I'm unsure that there is a direct causation effect - let's say that a in-a-rush kind of person does get into a fellowship with you, under some kind of constraint. I'm not sure that this would compell them to suddenly turn around their whole personality, focus and motivation to strike a conversation or joke around or have any kind of meaningly interaction with you when all they care about is performance.

And once again, I firmly believe that whichever way you choose to enjoy your game - whether it's quietly strolling around with friendly strangers or rushing to the finish on your own and anything in between - requires no justification or excuses, suffers no constraints and certainly does not deserve the kind of contempt displayed by the OP.

That's where I'm unsure that there is a direct causation effect - let's say that a in-a-rush kind of person does get into a fellowship with you, under some kind of constraint. I'm not sure that this would compell them to suddenly turn around their whole personality, focus and motivation to strike a conversation or joke around or have any kind of meaningly interaction with you when all they care about is performance.

And once again, I firmly believe that whichever way you choose to enjoy your game - whether it's quietly strolling around with friendly strangers or rushing to the finish on your own and anything in between - requires no justification or excuses, suffers no constraints and certainly does not deserve the kind of contempt displayed by the OP.
    Oh I don't disagree with you (except for the last line which is not justified I believe), I'm just saying that open tapping has been another nail (though a big one) in the social aspect of this game. It virtually discourages random grouping in landscape (and has nothing to do with anyone being unable to manage solo and needing help as someone else on here intimated) and actively encourages solo play. It has now become the norm and most players don't even consider grouping anymore the way they used to. And when you need to kill 270 Salamanders for a slayer deed, the thought of a fellowship completing it in half the time or less is very welcome as far as I am concerned!

As an example, I was doing a Troll slayer deed in the Lone lands and ran into another player killing Trolls there as well. I sent them a 'tell' asking if they fancied a fellowship as I was doing Troll slayer deed there and presumed they were too. They replied, "No thank you! I am already in a kin and have no intention of being poached for another!" They were a level 37 player who did not know the difference between joining a fellowship and joining a kin! I basically asked what they hell they were on about, and after a few harsh words pointed out to them what a fellowship was. They had never been in one and never knew that they could join one and that it didn't affect their kin status!!! They logged out and I completed the Troll slayer deed solo, although it took a lot longer than a fellowship would have done it in.
    Last edited by podgie_bear; Jul 26 2013 at 02:46 AM.

Contempt?

Where are you seeing this?
    If there is a player that doesn't enjoy grouping at all apparently they are not my target audience.
    I'm not upset because that person does not want to join up with me to finish some quests.
    I'm not upset at all! I'm being curious and inquisitive.

I'm glad you you approve of the way I play the game as well.

I wasn't asking for excuses or justification of anyone's gameplay.

I said this post #26 "to each his own" That pretty much is my summary of players that despise grouping. I do not even care what they do. It is not my concern, because we will probably never meet in game. I was forced to group for many of the epic quests when coming up on my first 2 toons. That was not enjoyable. I said that it saddened me that players like that existed. Mainly because that takes more players out of my overall pool of players to choose from, and not because they do not want to join me. Must I type out a novel to individually explain each sentence?

I have sped through the content with zero recourse for other toons on the landscape.
    I'm tired of that. I want another player or group of players that I can chit chat with while questing a new toon. So after our adventure is completed we can say hey remember that time we did X. Is being social now banned in the latest patch? Is it a dispicable activity for me to ask others to quest with me? They could easily say no and I can easily walk away and find someone else.

What you have done to me in this thread is try to make me out to be a villain solely in my opinion to assert that there are solo players in the game that feel like if I acquire a questing buddy that I will in fact ruin their experience.

It is starting to sound like you are trying to say I want to force people to quest with me. The mistake you are making is that you think I hold contempt for these players. That is total rubbish.

Do you, in fact, hold contempt towards me because the way I play the game?

Are you going to continue to post in this thread and put words into my mouth? Should I grow a long mustache and tie a damsel to the train tracks now?

(edit I have more to say)

In the last week I had been planning my return to the game. I was planning on joining a new server. I would like the next 85 levels to be a little slower and more enjoyable. The times (which I had stated before) where I got the most enjoyment was taking new players under my wing and helping them and myself enjoy the content. I enjoy this more than grouping at level cap, which is one of my personal favorite things in the game.

Just allow yourself to see what I am actually doing. My old quest buddies came via the closed tapping mechanic only as it was easier to meet a variety of players using this method throughout the game with areas with shared mobs. I even told some good hearted stories of how I met my lasting quest buddies. I was simply inquiring how others do this while leveling an alt or new toon. Do you stand around in Bree and wait for new players to ask questions? Do you use the find other on same quest tool?

No where in any post have I bashed any player that has different play habbits than myself. If anything I have not even addressed that issue.
    Last edited by Minquinn; Jul 26 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Well i still really can't help you with finding a leveling buddy or really new people but the best people i met lately were in player events.
    Maybe try a server that has regular scheduled player events ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast