We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

100% Crit Chance Store Item - Bound?

Is the new 100% Crit Chance item available from the store bound ? i.e. Could I buy it with my spare TP and send it to a Jeweler, along with a recipe and mats, to guarantee a crit on a piece of jeweler, or would the jeweler themselves have to buy it with their TP?

Thanks for any info…

Yes it is Bound

ALL Store items are either Bind to Character or Bind to Account

This is done so as to stop people paying for in-game gold

"How would they do that?" you might ask.

You spend real money on Turbine Points (TP)
    You spend TP on a Store Item (example ... the 100% crit tome)
    You put the Item on the AH for stupid amount of In-game Gold
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    Yes it is Bound

ALL Store items are either Bind to Character or Bind to Account

"How would they do that?" you might ask.

You spend real money on Turbine Points (TP)
    You spend TP on a Store Item (example ... the 100% crit tome)
    You put the Item on the AH for stupid amount of In-game Gold
    The economy is already severely broken, I dont know why there is even a law against Buying Gold anymore, there are people with less than 50 gold to their name, then there are AH Tyrants with the Gold Cap who never seem to run out of money. Lucky for me im somewhere in the middle going towards the left but I wouldnt mind if store items were BoE.

Funny, in DDO (turbine's other f2p MMO), you can buy TP codes and sell them for plat (1 plat is 10 gold pieces, DDO has a serious inflation issue compared to LOTRO). Or at least you could, I've been out of the loop for about a year. I'm sure there must be some heated discussions about this in Turbine's headquarters.

Of course, this makes anything that is in the DDO store that drops unbound pretty much pointless (assuming that somebody would pay <2M plat. DDO's economy is pretty broken). To compensate, they have a new "for pay" AH that uses the DDO equivilent of mithril coins (with a huge take from the house).

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    Not really. This item basically is paying for gold. Buy the item for $10 and crit an item that goes for a few hundred to thousand gold.