We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    30

    Withywindle Player Council

    Hi Withy!!

    I have been selected to join the Player Council for 2013. I would be interested to know of anything that you would like to bring up in the Council. On speaking to some already I have a few ideas of things to bring up to the council - and I know others on the Council will have their own ideas also from their own Servers

    If you have any ideas that you would like to have heard please either send me a tell/mail ingame or post a reply here.

    I hope I will do Withy proud

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecake View Post
    Hi Withy!!

    I have been selected to join the Player Council for 2013. I would be interested to know of anything that you would like to bring up in the Council. On speaking to some already I have a few ideas of things to bring up to the council - and I know others on the Council will have their own ideas also from their own Servers

    If you have any ideas that you would like to have heard please either send me a tell/mail ingame or post a reply here.

    I hope I will do Withy proud
    First of all gratz toffee

    Balanced pvmp \/ more raids nuff said.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post
    First of all gratz toffee

    Balanced pvmp \/ more raids nuff said.
    You want him to get kicked out of the Council dont you?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    374
    I would like them to make the high level raids actually good, i've seen a few of these new RoR raids and they're just not so satisfying as, for example, OD or ToO.
    And what's with this new scaling system? Doing raids at level 20... nonsense really.
    Then it's not really a raid is it? More like a skirmish.

    And some other things such as:

    - Revamping the housing system (They're already making preparations, or so i've read)
    - Dealing with Clubbers in PvP
    - New music instruments! (I want my Violin!)
    - Better character creation

    Can't think of anything else at the moment. ^^

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal, USA
    Posts
    6,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharvendall View Post
    - New music instruments! (I want my fiddle!)
    FTFY I think fiddle just seems more appropriate as a name. Fili and Kili played fiddles in the hobbit

    (The other instruments played: flutes, drum, clarinets, viols, harp... we do not have viols in game yet, either).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    FTFY I think fiddle just seems more appropriate as a name. Fili and Kili played fiddles in the hobbit

    (The other instruments played: flutes, drum, clarinets, viols, harp... we do not have viols in game yet, either).
    Fiddle haha!
    But still, it would be nice to have some new instruments, or even better, Legendary instruments for Minstrels.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    greece/Preveza
    Posts
    264
    some ppl play that game for rp reasons.
    this means moors is 1 of them too.so probably turbine need to find a way to give the access to freeps,to use the moor travel for rp reasons too.
    like thousands in forum says,if 1 reaver can play free,need to put 1 freep choise class too for free too.
    or for exable,you can buy from store the moors travel skills for your toon with 1k tp for exable.

    that game is based on tolkien funs,and not to players who play a game only.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    You want him to get kicked out of the Council dont you?
    NOOOOOOOOOO you got meeeeeeh!!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    374
    Ah yes of course, one other very important thing.
    War steed cosmetics, they should make them account wide or at least a whole damn lot cheaper!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    312
    1) Housing revamp with possibility to purchase some upgrades from the store. Example: if house has 20 hooks, player can purchase another NN hooks for some Turbine points or ca$h. It could also be possible to sell stuff for real cash giving players more than the would get for TPs.

    2) Festival lags. Bree was over-lagging in the first days of Anniversary. Also, some players asked (complained?) that there were no NPCs to trade tokens with in Angmar. Proposal: make activities at least in main cities (Rivendell, Thorins Hall, Bree). NPCs could be renamed cosmetically (like Rhahool and Rhahaal in another mmorpg...). Or they could be done in some "countryside", like Hobbiton in the Shire. Proposal 2:if festival has token drop, please make NPCs barter them to stuff in eveyr settlement. If new NPCs are problem - use some Provisioners / Town mayors / Town cryers.

    3) Eregion/Moria revamp. So far, Lotro had almost a rule that each level range is covered by at least 2 regions. Bree, Ered Luin and Shire for beginners. North-downs, Lone lands for lvl.20-30s. Evendim, part of Trollshaws for 30s. Angmar, Forochel, Misty Mountains - for 40-50. And then we come at Moria, lvl.50-60 with no alternative. Proposal: take out Morobel region (Emun Naer) in Eregion and make local enemies lvl.53-58. No need to make new names or design - just increase in level. No need to make new deeds for that sub-region. I think it may attract more people to purchase Eregion.

    4) Town cryers. They instantly spam about Dwarven expedition to Moria. Good they are advertising, but - is Moria selling that bad? Proposal: Town Cryers should either change their ads from time to time or advertise stuff Turbine wants to sell better. Example - "Only the braviest of heroes would stand side by side with Middle Earth's elite warrior in decisive battle at Helm's Deep!".

    5) crafting revamp in some future. One-use recipes are not very good (folks report lvl.85 weapons are entirely such). As Weaponsmith, at some level I have no quality weapons for us, Champions. Taking example from another mmorpg - I propose changes.
    Crafter should be able to add some status to weapon within given "borders". Example: crafted weapons can have 3 spaces to add something and each status (+might, fate...) costs some rare resources (like shards, guild emblems, polished stones).
    So, single-use recipes should be gone, replaced by standard ones. Single use may remain as a rare drop, but as add-on to standar. If I have iron sword recipe, I may find some "Dwarven Superior Iron Sword" single-use recipe.
    How this system could work?
    Present system: Elven-steel Greatsword. 66-110 Belerian damage, 35.1 DPS. It has +158,4 ICPR, 79 Maximum morale. Critical success: 72-120 damage, 38,3 DPS, +162 in-Combat Power Regen, +164 Maximum Morale.

    My proposal: starting with standard bonuses. Crafter is able to remove +ICPR and +Morale, replacing them with two (up to Tier 5) bonuses of his/her own taste. Thus, I could craft sword withm, say, +18 Might and +NN Maximum morale. However, adding +18 Might may cost me, for example, 10 Adamant shards, 10 Mithril-infused steel ingots, 50 khazad steel ingots, 20 adamants and 1 tier5 Weaponsmith Guild emblem.
    Last edited by NaktiesKarys; Apr 29 2013 at 04:11 AM. Reason: forgot to explain crafting

  11. #11
    - Ettenmoors like any other quest pack area for freepside in store but like an expansion, for example for 3000tps (more freeps in moors, no need to make 1 big fraid and zerg, instead we have a lot of soloers or small groups)
    - Better character customization (same stuff is here from 2007.)
    - On monster player screen the actually look of our creeps, not the rank 0
    - More creep skins
    - More creep classes
    - Challenging raids, not grinding ones in which the only factor of loot is luck
    - Better server performances
    - More realistic LOTR themed cosmetics (the LOTRO cosmetics are too cartoony imo)
    - Some freep skils needs to be nerfed in ettenmoors, for example LMs stun immunity needs to be removed after one cc is used on freep and then he needs another immunity if he wants to prevent next cc etc. (inb4 QQ)
    - Working leaderboards
    - Option to report clubbers
    - Less npcs in Ettenmoors, more interactive stuff on keeps, for example a balista on a keep so that lowranks can be powerful too
    - Legendary weapons after lv. 65 or something, 45 is too early now with 85 cap
    - Less grinding content, for example Hytbold is doing 5 quests for days and days and more epic Book content (like we had in Angmar times)

    My wishes are concentrated more to pvmp but thats who I am
    gz Toffeecake, hope you gonna accomplish something
    Last edited by CROMirdar; Apr 29 2013 at 06:04 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CROMirdar View Post
    - Ettenmoors like any other quest pack area for freepside in store but like an expansion, for example for 3000tps (more freeps in moors, no need to make 1 big fraid and zerg, instead we have a lot of soloers or small groups)
    - Better character customization (same stuff is here from 2007.)
    - On monster player screen the actually look of our creeps, not the rank 0
    - More creep skins
    - More creep classes
    - Challenging raids, not grinding ones in which the only factor of loot is luck
    - Better server performances
    - More realistic LOTR themed cosmetics (the LOTRO cosmetics are too cartoony imo)
    - Some freep skils needs to be nerfed in ettenmoors, for example LMs stun immunity needs to be removed after one cc is used on freep and then he needs another immunity if he wants to prevent next cc etc. (inb4 QQ)
    - Working leaderboards
    - Option to report clubbers
    - Less npcs in Ettenmoors, more interactive stuff on keeps, for example a balista on a keep so that lowranks can be powerful too
    - Legendary weapons after lv. 65 or something, 45 is too early now with 85 cap
    - Less grinding content, for example Hytbold is doing 5 quests for days and days and more epic Book content (like we had in Angmar times)

    My wishes are concentrated more to pvmp but thats who I am
    gz Toffeecake, hope you gonna accomplish something
    Pretty much what Mirg said.Besides the fluff,I dont really care about skins and cosmetics.
    Tbh,I dont really see why Turbine needs a council,since most ideas are in the forums already for the devs to read,they just need to toughen up a bit and read the sharky comments too.But anyway,gl on the council

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslayer_withywindle View Post
    Tbh,I dont really see why Turbine needs a council,since most ideas are in the forums already for the devs to read,they just need to toughen up a bit and read the sharky comments too.But anyway,gl on the council
    looking through suggestions is only a minor part of what councilmembers are expected to do. and even then only to look at suggestions that match the agenda of the developers.

    here a quote from the dev diary:
    Members of the Player Council shall …


    • Serve for the calendar year in which they are elected. Participate in private chats and other scheduled events with the LOTRO Team.
    • Provide feedback to the LOTRO Team as requested.
    • Comment, from time to time, on aspects or elements of upcoming changes before they have reached an Alpha state and prior to their testing on the Palantir private preview server.
    • Participate, from time to time, in the Palantir Private Preview Program (and be subject to the rules of that program as well).
    • Assist the Community Team in identifying suggestions and recommendations from the community that match the goals set for the Council.
    • Make suggestions and recommendations in accordance with goals set for the council by the LOTRO Team.
    • Participate in and help design focused feedback surveys for the council and the general community.
    • From time to time, be asked to help draft a report on the council’s activities for publication to the entire community.
    • Recommend players to participate in the Small Council.
    • Be guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term.
    • Be provided with a Turbine Point stipend on a quarterly basis.
    • Be provided a private discussion area for interacting with the LOTRO Team.
    • Courtesy invitations to player parties or other similar events that take place during their term. (travel and other expenses associated with these events are the responsibility of the individual).
    So sticking to the suggestion forum with your ideas is still the best thing to do I think.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalderic View Post
    looking through suggestions is only a minor part of what councilmembers are expected to do. and even then only to look at suggestions that match the agenda of the developers.

    here a quote from the dev diary:
    So sticking to the suggestion forum with your ideas is still the best thing to do I think.
    Most of the stuff on the PC list are what people in the forums do.Everything is discussed,and many players provide new ideas all the time,either in the suggestions forums or at other forums.Seems to me more like Turbine is just selecting a few to get feedback from,I mean,like the forum in a small scale with personal contact too.Anyway.
    Nice presentation about instanced pvp btw,but imagine a lowrank, action thrilled bloodthirsty craid constantly queing for this.They would need to get some more balance first.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecake View Post
    Hi Withy!!

    I have been selected to join the Player Council for 2013. I would be interested to know of anything that you would like to bring up in the Council. On speaking to some already I have a few ideas of things to bring up to the council - and I know others on the Council will have their own ideas also from their own Servers

    If you have any ideas that you would like to have heard please either send me a tell/mail ingame or post a reply here.

    I hope I will do Withy proud
    For the start i would like to know what do you think what needs change, what is good, what new needs to be implemented and which part of this game are you focusing the most? What we know about you is that you are not expirienced in pvp, raiding, class knowledge... what made you candidate for a council at the first place?

    Dont get me wrong, im glad for you that you made it enter the council, but i would like what is in your head and how do you plan to use that spot in council.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    177
    Id like to know when Turbine plans to let us out the moors, would love to get a beer and a snack at the prancing pony?

    I jest, congrats. I hope this Player council is more then cheap PR for Turbine.

    Also will we be hearing from the other Withywindle member of the council?
    "So much lag I had time to make dinner while waiting for my skills to go off!!"
    Phakdush Baka, formelry The Gramsfoot Canaries Withywindle. Now Cojones De Mitril Evernight

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    34
    So Toffee, did you expect this to be a full time job when you started this post?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000003b22/01000/signature.png]Dad[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    32
    Hi Toffee

    Can you please suggest Turbine to improve on those things:
    1. Kinship functions (priority)
    2. Disconnection issues
    3. Fix the laggy spike while riding in East Rohan
    4. Creates new costumes

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    289
    1) I'm waiting 6 years for a new haircuts , perhaps it's time to add some new like an example those from NPC of Lothlorien and Rohan.

    2) I'm outfit geek, so again ... some NPC from Rohan, Lothlorien, even Bree, got better looking outfits than we can get right now. It's not big deal to copy them and give for players a chance to wear same stuff.

    3) Elven race should be able play Captain Class. Its silly as Great Captains of Middle-earth were actually Elves. During First Age, Noldor from Gondolin and Nargothrond. During Second Age, Noldor from Lindon, and during Third Age, Noldor from Imladris/Rivendell. As they said this game is mainly based on Tolkien Books not P.Jackson movies, so this is 100% Lore.

    4) Goblin , a new race for creep side . It is about time for that.



    Ash
    Last edited by Grachuk; Apr 30 2013 at 12:31 AM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Grachuk View Post
    1)

    4) Goblin , a new race for creep side . It is about time for that.



    Ash
    No man 1 of them Bogart things with all the pets
    "So much lag I had time to make dinner while waiting for my skills to go off!!"
    Phakdush Baka, formelry The Gramsfoot Canaries Withywindle. Now Cojones De Mitril Evernight

  21. #21
    First of all gz for your selection..

    I d like to ask for pvp

    1. Turbine's policy for discuraging clubbing

    2. Keep daily stats / leaderboards updated

    3. Nerf outposts mastery buffs

    4. Auto flip of the keeps should not leave each side without GY more than 15 mins.

    5. EC/OC should give more protection to soloers

    6. Tracking skills on both sides

    7. More out of combat speed to creeps-less maps / + 1 map to freeps (20mins cd)-easier dismount so as to avoid shooters/gy campers and have more moovment in the whole map

    8. Fix the raidvraid lag

    9. Better armor appearence to freeps-specially on helms / more skins to creeps (freeps on moors are like pokemons / creeps seems all the same)

    10. Pvp events FREE TO ALL - better in epic maps out of moors (moria, angmar, mirkwood etc)

    I know most of them won't never happen but it would be nice to focous on lag/clubbing/leaderboards/pvp events issues

    Whenever u want we can discuss about pvp issues
    Last edited by jivius; Apr 30 2013 at 04:40 AM.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    1. Turbine's policy for discuraging clubbing
    2. Keep daily stats / leaderboards updated
    3. Nerf outposts mastery buffs
    4. Auto flip of the keeps should not leave each side without GY more than 15 mins.
    5. EC/OC should give more protection to soloers
    6. Tracking skills on both sides
    7. More out of combat speed to creeps-less maps / + 1 map to freeps (20mins cd)-easier dismount so as to avoid shooters/gy campers and have more moovment in the whole map
    8. Fix the raidvraid lag
    9. Better armor appearence to freeps-specially on helms / more skins to creeps (freeps on moors are like pokemons / creeps seems all the same)
    10. Pvp events FREE TO ALL - better in epic maps out of moors (moria, angmar, mirkwood etc)
    6. This is like we (creeps) demand mounts or the current OPnes of the freeps for example a WL is known like a healing class but he has only 2 healing skills till r9, then he gain the third one. How many healing skills do Minstrels, Runkeepers or even LMs and Cappys have? Its a proposal that can go in a whole sub genre of LOTRO known as "unbalanced PvMP"


    Would be great if we can summon with the outnumbered buff creepside a nazgul seasson play or a eagle on freepside. C'mon who is with me with this one?

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by CROMirdar View Post
    6. This is like we (creeps) demand mounts or the current OPnes of the freeps for example a WL is known like a healing class but he has only 2 healing skills till r9, then he gain the third one. How many healing skills do Minstrels, Runkeepers or even LMs and Cappys have? Its a proposal that can go in a whole sub genre of LOTRO known as "unbalanced PvMP"


    Would be great if we can summon with the outnumbered buff creepside a nazgul seasson play or a eagle on freepside. C'mon who is with me with this one?
    Maybe it's not the right thread to start a pvp conversation but tracking and moovement are completely different sections..

    Mounts on creeps are not so lore (maybe a new ''mounted scout goblin'' class would be a good idea).. but agree on increased out of combat march speed like mounts (like on the moovie) and less maps so as to spread the action in whole map and have more solo v solo fights.

    As for heals I think we should have in mind wls with cappies and defs with minies/rks although I think we won't be able to have any secure conclusions (in total-not as single units where freeps are stronger after U10) by the time that 2 sides are disigned completely different..

    EDIT: Wouldn't like to spam this thread on pvp stuff so if anyone wants to discuss about these pls do it on pvp section.
    Last edited by jivius; Apr 30 2013 at 08:51 AM.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    First of all gz for your selection..

    I d like to ask for pvp

    1. Turbine's policy for discuraging clubbing

    2. Keep daily stats / leaderboards updated

    3. Nerf outposts mastery buffs

    4. Auto flip of the keeps should not leave each side without GY more than 15 mins.

    5. EC/OC should give more protection to soloers

    6. Tracking skills on both sides

    7. More out of combat speed to creeps-less maps / + 1 map to freeps (20mins cd)-easier dismount so as to avoid shooters/gy campers and have more moovment in the whole map

    8. Fix the raidvraid lag

    9. Better armor appearence to freeps-specially on helms / more skins to creeps (freeps on moors are like pokemons / creeps seems all the same)

    10. Pvp events FREE TO ALL - better in epic maps out of moors (moria, angmar, mirkwood etc)

    I know most of them won't never happen but it would be nice to focous on lag/clubbing/leaderboards/pvp events issues

    Whenever u want we can discuss about pvp issues
    one more!

    11. Low or no renown/infamy gain from ranks 0-1-2

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    Mounts on creeps are not so lore (maybe a new ''mounted scout goblin'' class would be a good idea)..
    "Goblin Warg Rider" with shield and spear (with little similar warden skills), thats what would be nice, since we dont have anything what is even little similar to Warden Class.

    Mounts were used in Wars of Beleriand, and also during a battles in War of the Ring. Wargs were the only mounts for goblins and orcs, but Men of Mordor and Black Númenóreans were using black horses on which were used before Dark Magic to carry Servants of Sauron and resist any kind of fear. Uruks didnt use any mounts as they were able run day and night with great speed. The only creep who wouldnt need a mount would be Spider and Uruk then

    P.S Maps are just lore breaking idea and kind of teleport which is stupid. I really wish they could give certain high speed buff for spiders, Uruks and mounts for Orcs and Goblins if they would create any in future
    Last edited by Grachuk; Apr 30 2013 at 02:04 PM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload