We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Any penalties for deconstructing my Initial LI?

As the title says. I have gotten past all the slot this and reforging several times. Is there any reason to keep going to level 40 on my initial LI? Any more quests regarding this initial LI?

Thanks,
    Irming Silvertree

Quote Originally Posted by IrmingSilvertree View Post
    As the title says. I have gotten past all the slot this and reforging several times. Is there any reason to keep going to level 40 on my initial LI? Any more quests regarding this initial LI?
    No, you should, in fact, get rid of it as soon as possible, due to it only leveling when you have it equipped (contrary to all other LIs that level while slotted and being carried around in your bags).
    As to quests, after the initial ones to get it to level ten, reforge it and equip it with the first relics, you can trash it.

HTH,
    SNy
    Last edited by SNy-lotrolinux-EU; Jul 16 2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Typo.
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

No, though I would recommend deconstructing at the next level after a reforge. i.e. 11,21,31, ect. You get more relics back and a larger xp rune.

When I'm leveling, I usually get a new weapon every 5 levels or so. The extra base dps of the weapon is usually more than a leveled up weapon a few levels lower.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000421d0c/signature.png]Waristheanswer[/charsig]

Waristheanswer R9 Warleader, Manically R8 Reaver, Meandor Level 75 R6 Guardian

Is there any reason to keep going to level 40 on my initial LI?

Quote Originally Posted by SNy-lotrolinux-EU View Post
    No, you should, in fact, get rid of it as soon as possible, due to it only leveling when you have it equipped.

Let me add a caveat to SNy's comment: If your character is under level 51, DO NOT deconstruct the initial LI. It is the only one you'll find until you get to level 51 or higher.

Since you can get the initial LI as early as level 45-46, it's possible to get it maxed out before you can slot any replacement LIs. As soon as you can slot a replacement LI, however, feel free.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post
    Let me add a caveat to SNy's comment: If your character is under level 51, DO NOT deconstruct the initial LI. It is the only one you'll find until you get to level 51 or higher.
    You can use a non legendary weapon with no loss in combat power until you are able to slot level 51. There are some very nice crafted weapons.

I typically got my first legendary weapon at 45. Completed Volume 2, Book 1 at 46. Started using a non legendsry weapon because it had a higher DPS. The starter legendary weapon only advances when you use it. I decon it.

The class item I keep.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks guys, I am 59 and I have other LIs in the 54 range that are better than the initial LI. The initial LI is sitting at 31 now so deconstruct time. I guess I really should find a legacy dealer and buy a 59 weapon and bow and start working on them.
    Irming Silvertree

The only reason to keep your original legendary item is if you are a Rune-keeper and care about cosmetics. The original Rune-keeper bag shows up as invisible on your character. So you can cosmetically equip it if you don't want your character to look like he/she is wearing a rune-satchel.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    You can use a non legendary weapon with no loss in combat power until you are able to slot level 51. There are some very nice crafted weapons.
    "No loss" is a bit inaccurate. Even L50 weapons have less DPS than the starter LI at max rank. Lower than L50, it's even worse. Add in relics and legacies, and there's really no reason not to use an LI from L45 on, unless you can't be bothered with the LI system at all and just plan on going with crafted stuff forever. Especially tactical damage classes, as I don't think any crafted weapons give the same +tactical damage rating, do they?

That said, yes, at L59 you could start joining insanely easy Turtle runs and saving up for a L60 1st Age. Break that starter LI into itty bitty pieces and don't look back!
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Okay breaking into itty bitty pieces tonight. So who does Turtle Runs on Landroval and when?
    Irming Silvertree

Okay breaking into itty bitty pieces tonight. So who does Turtle Runs on Landroval and when?
    "Turtle" is a L60 raid called Filikul. I'm not sure exactly who on your server does them, or when, but if it's anything like my server, higher levels are constantly running it (more turtle runs per day than even the new raids, it seems) because it takes about 2 minutes.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post

Since you can get the initial LI as early as level 45-46, it's possible to get it maxed out before you can slot any replacement LIs. As soon as you can slot a replacement LI, however, feel free.
    Only place I have found this quite important point!

Now to find some Captain's First Legendary advice...most of the LI content on the FORUMS (and internet ) do not address newbies, ie I have never had an LI before...

Not helped by forum's search function...I find 'Googling' easier to find relevant posts in the forum!
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm