We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helm's Deep stat changes?

As the title says, are there any plans to change the way stats are calculated into ratings with helms deep (as we had most recently with RoI and the uncapping of primary stats, the raising of ratings derived stats, and new formulas to determine how everything was converted)?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

seen as there will be huge class revamps, and they have told us the the power change was foundations for the class changes. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more little tweaks.

currently I'm in believe the aggro system might get a little change, just to be more visable for players to see. probably a change so tanks go for there main stat, making fate and vit the secondary stat for all classes. it just makes sense imo, that way you wouldn't have tanks being the weird roll that needs a complete gear set-up to be competetive unlike healers and dps. would hopefully make captain and champs better tanks too

I'd hope they change crit a little more too, make 2 stats instead of crit doing both crit rating AND crit multiplier. just so it's more of a choice how you want to build, consistent dps or crits, currently I believe crit is too easy to cap on most classes and pretty much a needed element to be a competitive dps class, just want dps to really have a choice of how they set-up, not being so cookie cutter.

but there just dreams :P we've had no hint yet
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Any stat changes coming with HD would not be revealed until the NDA is lifted, usually a few weeks before release.

Until then, we can only speculate, but a class revamp does sound likely to include some form of stat revamp, as stats are the main mechanic of all classes.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I'd hope they change crit a little more too, make 2 stats instead of crit doing both crit rating AND crit multiplier.
    Turbine recently added the crit multiplier to the crit chance so it's unlikely it will be changed for a long time, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Any stat changes coming with HD would not be revealed until the NDA is lifted, usually a few weeks before release.

Until then, we can only speculate, but a class revamp does sound likely to include some form of stat revamp, as stats are the main mechanic of all classes.
    They could also be revealed in Dev diaries well before the NDA is lifted. Since there is no way in Mordor that the class revamps are going to make everyone happy, I'm hoping they have very detailed Dev diaries a while before this thing goes live. Sometimes a change is met with negativity simply for being a change when it's first heard, but after thinking about it and discussing it, you eventually start to realize that you can live with the change and learn how to do some different things with your class. However, if details are left to just before launch, things could get pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Stats are not relevant to class mechanics at all.
    Stats only influence the "strength" of our characters (and their class-based mechanics) in relation to their surroundings.

i.e., physical mastery influences how much damage skill X does against opponent Y, but it doesnt affect the workings of said skill X nor how it specifically affects opponent Y (for example, bypassing b/p/e or administering a wound).

Not denying the mere possibility of stat changes in the wake of the class changes of course. Maybe the class change will even integrate the stats into the class mechanics in some form, but it doesnt do so right now.
    Last edited by Vandervahn; Jul 24 2013 at 05:36 AM.