We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Role-Playing on Brandywine, anyone?

Hi there, so I've only been playing LOTRO for a month or so, and I started my characters on Brandywine. Are there any RP events on that server? I really dig the RP type of play-style, as I'm a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings. But everyone on Brandywine is so... How do I put this nicely, too intent on beating the game and don't take the time to enjoy Turbine's interpretation of Middle-Earth. In the words of Treebeard the Ent, they're too "hasty". So my question is, are there any role-players on Brandywine and are there any events for RP? If so, how do I get introduced to this area of play? Thanks and Happy Travels!
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Every time someone uses Gandalf's quote from Peter Jackson's "The Fellowship of the Ring" where he says "You shall not pass!", I come a little closer to snapping... It's "You [I][U]cannot[/U][/I] pass!" for Durin's sake![/COLOR]

Honestly, I would recommend re-rolling on Landroval. I love Brandywine for its population, but there are NO role-play events here. Back when the game was fairly new, you would occasionally stumble upon an RP session on Brandywine, but any RPers Brandy might have had have all moved to Landroval.

Landroval has a TON of RP events almost every day. Pop over to their forums to see what's advertised. I actually have toons there to get my RP fix even though my "mains" are on Brandywine.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    Honestly, I would recommend re-rolling on Landroval. I love Brandywine for its population, but there are NO role-play events here. Back when the game was fairly new, you would occasionally stumble upon an RP session on Brandywine, but any RPers Brandy might have had have all moved to Landroval.

Landroval has a TON of RP events almost every day. Pop over to their forums to see what's advertised. I actually have toons there to get my RP fix even though my "mains" are on Brandywine.
    I have to agree. I play on both Brandywine (previously anyway, not so much anymore) and Landy and even though starting all over and doing the intro quests again isn't the most enjoyable thing in the world (in my opinion) Landy is bustling with RP kins and events and it's very easy to get into so it's worth starting over there. You can nearly ALWAYS find rpers at the Prancing Pony in Bree and more times than not you'll come across them in your everyday questing.

No matter what type of RP you're into, from casual to heavy, you'll find a place on Landy. (:
    [CENTER][COLOR=#dda0dd][I][SIZE=2][FONT=book antiqua]* Eriseth - Captain - Elendilmir *
    * I play LotRO on a MacBook Pro *[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]