We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do I get the Eglain reputation in Arboretum

I have been going back and completing kinship reputation deeds in some areas I missed doing so as I originally leveled up. One of these areas is in the Lone Lands with Eglain rep. I started running the Arboretum Instance solo to level up as quickly as possible. The problem is that after I complete the instance with the option I don't seem to get the reputation points. They do not grant automatically and there doesn't seem to be a NPC to talk to as part of the finish. The quest icons disappear when I complete them and there seems to be nothing else to do so I exit through entrance portal and still no points. What am I missing? I've played mostly solo and have very limited instance experience. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DLS View Post
    I started running the Arboretum Instance solo to level up as quickly as possible. The problem is that after I complete the instance with the option I don't seem to get the reputation points.
    I've helped a friend kill Grimbark in the Arboretum - at the end he just used the "exit instance" button and didn't mention getting rep so I guess we had the same "problem" as you are having. I already had kinship with the Eglain so didn't notice anything!

Reading up on the Arboretum instance there are strong warnings about not destroying any bee hives - I wonder whether that's what is stopping you getting the rep?

I don't believe the bee hives are the problem because I get notice that I have successfully killed Grimbark without destroying any bee hives. When I kill him that is when quest disappears from screen as it is now "completed".

In that case I have no other ideas or suggestion about the instance - maybe someone else can help, or if you get no other responses issuing a /bug report while in the instance may give a GM the opportunity to analyse what is happening. As an alternative there is always the crafting route which I have now done for all seven different professions that are possible and got Eglain kinships on all those toons.

Quote Originally Posted by DLS View Post
    I started running the Arboretum Instance solo to level up as quickly as possible. The problem is that after I complete the instance with the option I don't seem to get the reputation points. They do not grant automatically and there doesn't seem to be a NPC to talk to as part of the finish.
    when you enter the instance are you bestowed with the quest that grants also reputation? (is it listed as quest-reward?) If you have skirmish "Stand at Amon Súl" - you can run it many times getting 700 rep.
    Rep. quests for the Eglain: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cate...utation_Quests
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post
    when you enter the instance are you bestowed with the quest that grants also reputation? (is it listed as quest-reward?) If you have skirmish "Stand at Amon Súl" - you can run it many times getting 700 rep.
    Rep. quests for the Eglain: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cate...utation_Quests
    Thanks, the link and hint about crafting quest helped a ton. I used it to finish up kindred very quickly.