We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draighog

Exclamation Draighog

Why isn't the draighog raid still not fixed? could someone plz look in to this. my kin has been wanting to do this for a long time now, and we don't want to exploit it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000023b930/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It has been bugged forever (as I'm sure you know) and it just got worse with the latest releases. Basically what I am saying is I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix

Never.

A fight like Draigoch was something new for Turbine, making it harder to fix any issues. That is why it has been bugged since its release with Isengard back in 2011.

Also, I never foresee a scaled version of this instance, so Turbine has no need to 'fix' it.

You could say that it is an additional challenge quest to kill it before it bugs.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

The dev who created Draigoch was "let go" as well, afaik. So, no, Draig will not be getting fixed as the person who created it is no longer with Turbine.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

It is still able to be completed, as far as I know. I'm not sure how much buggier it has gotten, but at L75, I know that I did Draigoch over 200 times, and it bugged twice. It's not as bad as it seems from reading the forums--the 99% of times it ran fine, nobody came to the forums to report (why would they?) but the 1% of the time, people were understandably upset, and came here to post.

Of course, I haven't done it much since RoR. The frequency of bugged runs may have increased substantially.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Of course, I haven't done it much since RoR. The frequency of bugged runs may have increased substantially.
    Not just the frequency, but the kind of bugs have changed. Now, Draigoch's head and paws sometimes move opposite of the hotspots where you can attack them. (That is to say, the models appear in one location, but Draigoch isn't actually there.) This frequently leads to the tank losing aggro on Draigoch's head, causing raid-wide damage to everyone else, and eventually a wipe.

I've also heard reports of him becoming entirely invisible during ground phases, with similar results.

I ran Draigoch for the first time about 2-3 months ago. We got him down to about 10% and then he bugged out, just standing there with us unable to attack him. A help ticket got us a message from a GM saying they couldn't do anything about it. Luckily my group was willing to try the run again and that time we got him.

Short answer, since they were unwilling/unable to fix it while it was relevant endgame material, there's no way they're going to fix it now. Go run it and take your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I ran Draigoch for the first time about 2-3 months ago. We got him down to about 10% and then he bugged out, just standing there with us unable to attack him. A help ticket got us a message from a GM saying they couldn't do anything about it. Luckily my group was willing to try the run again and that time we got him.

Short answer, since they were unwilling/unable to fix it while it was relevant endgame material, there's no way they're going to fix it now. Go run it and take your chances.
    Agreed, which is why it should not be sold in the LOTRO store. It's like selling a car with no brakes, a head gasket leak and unable to pass inspection and telling the buyer it is a fully working vehicle.

No other single instance in the game spawned more superstitions as to what caused bugs more than Draigoch.
    I remember the raider leader always said before the start.
    1. No LM or Cappie pets
    2. No runestones
    3. No banners
    4. No bleeds
    5. No in combat Cappies resses
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post
    Agreed, which is why it should not be sold in the LOTRO store. It's like selling a car with no brakes, a head gasket leak and unable to pass inspection and telling the buyer it is a fully working vehicle.

No other single instance in the game spawned more superstitions as to what caused bugs more than Draigoch.
    1. No LM or Cappie pets
    2. No runestones
    3. No banners
    4. No bleeds
    etc.
    And the funny part is, every time I was in a run where the leader stated the causes and people tried to not bug it by not doing these things, it nearly always bugged. But when we just ran it and didn't care, we got it done.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Bad Coding SHAMEFUL that this instance hasn't been Deactivated.

I have attempted this instance 5 times RECENTLY. 3 last night. All 5 times it bugged out. The last run it bugged out when we had the dragon down to about 10% of its morale.

I place the blame squarely on Turbine. They know that this raid has "known issues," yet they haven't deactivated it. In other words, they know it is broken, is bad coding. Apparently they don't see how it negatively reflects on their company? Most companies you deal with, especially if you are spending money, they are right on top of customer complaints. They know one bad experience can cause that one customer to tell 10 other people....and so on and so forth....which could be disastrous to their company's reputation.

If you want this raid/instance fixed, you better hit the In-Game support and do a ticket, even though they can't do anything, the complaint is logged and seen, then head to the forums and post another complaint here.

None of us should be wasting our precious game time in instances that are about 99% sure to bug out.

Wholeheartedly Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post

1. No LM or Cappie pets
    2. No runestones
    3. No banners
    4. No bleeds
    etc.
    I ended up losing my temper last night over this bugged out instance. It bugged 3 out of 3 times. I started spamming Help tickets. GM In-Game NON support came in and said he couldn't do anything about it that it was known issue. WHOA WHOA WHOA, right there says it all, doesn't it? KNOWN ISSUE. Apparently it isn't a KNOWN ISSUE cause a responsible company would take down a defective product, wouldn't it? So, in the case of Draigoch, Turbine has decided to take people's money and put out a subpar instance. sad. I still say Turbine OWES me my deed completion and the loot. Period. Bad PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post

They just need to deactivate it period.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Not just the frequency, but the kind of bugs have changed. Now, Draigoch's head and paws sometimes move opposite of the hotspots where you can attack them. (That is to say, the models appear in one location, but Draigoch isn't actually there.) This frequently leads to the tank losing aggro on Draigoch's head, causing raid-wide damage to everyone else, and eventually a wipe.

I've also heard reports of him becoming entirely invisible during ground phases, with similar results.
    SMDH this is just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    It is still able to be completed, as far as I know. I'm not sure how much buggier it has gotten, but at L75, I know that I did Draigoch over 200 times, and it bugged twice. It's not as bad as it seems from reading the forums--the 99% of times it ran fine, nobody came to the forums to report (why would they?) but the 1% of the time, people were understandably upset, and came here to post.

I did it back when it came out....I think it bugged once. It was a fun raid....and I got a cloak for my warden and one for my LM....

It was buggy enough when it first came out that it's a bit scary to read that it's even worse now. Luckily our kin managed to clear it enough at the beginning that we managed to get some loot out of there but it's not a raid I would want to do again any time soon.

At this point if it's as broken as it sounds they should go back to it and remove most of the mechanics (and hopefully removing most bugs) from the fight in an effort to simplify what Draigoch has to do. Obviously closing it down is another option but when so many people have paid for it, regardless of the fact it's not level cap endgame anymore, the right thing to do would be to try and fix it at some point.

If the choice came down to fixing draigoch or releasing new content then obviously I would go with the latter, but it's still something that should be looked at.

Banned because of Draigoch Glitch Rage to In-Game Support

I used a lot of colorful language describing my feelings with the draigoch Instance. No, I did not aim it at the GM. However, I let loose a tirade to express my anger and frustration. The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off more. When a piece of junk programming is allowed to stay active it says a lot about the "company." I sent a complaint to Warner Brothers, above Turbine, basically saying that allowing shoddy products to stay "on the shelf" reflects rather poorly on Warner Brothers. Its bad PR and hurts their company's reputation. My goal is to get that piece of &&&& fixed or deactivated. There should be few Known Issues and NONE that should be known for this amount of time. Turbine is selling the Draigoch Raid in an expansion quest or quest pack. How effed up is that?!

Now some of you are saying, why blow a gasket?! It is getting rarer and rarer for an opportunity to get these older Raids/Instances done. So when you do get the chance, you try to jump on it. I did it 5 times and all 5 times the SOB bugged. I took my time, the time I put aside to do other things, to do Draigoch. I feel I was robbed. Robbed of my time and effort. Robbed of the deed completion. Robbed of the loot. AND, this effing GM thinks I want to attempt to complete the Instance at a later date? They can, the GM's can give you the deed completion and the loot. They say they can't, but they do have the power to do it. So, the next time a GM is telling you he can't do certain things, they aren't telling the truth. They just don't want to get into the habit of doing the right thing because then they'd be doing it all the time...or so they feel. BUT, BUT, BUT, if it is due to Turbine's screwy coding and a KNOWN ISSUE, then they need to do the right thing. The GM can come into the Instance, view your progress and then decide whether or not you would have completed.

When you put out a piss poor piece of programming you should expect the reactions and attitudes of the customers to be equally piss poor in return.

Oh, anyway, I did a help ticket and got the standard, "its a known issue, cant do nothing, see ya" message from GM. I did another ticket. He comes back with the same message. I did another and said that wasn't good enough. If it is a known issue, then the raid needs to be deactivated AND I need my deed completion and rewards. Hey, its not my fault Turbine left up a KNOWN ISSUE raid that bugs out, for me, 100% of the time. He said he couldn't do anything about it<<<<<a lie. Then said he would ban me if I did another ticket<<<<<a threat. I did another ticket. Told him I was not letting the issue drop and wanted my deed completion and my loot and wanted that instance fixed or deactivated. He banned me<<<<<retaliation for complaining about their bugged out known issued raid. I got on my son's account. Filed another ticket. Another GM came on and said that it was a Known Issue. I went through it again. The GM said that their tickets get reviewed to see what sort of issues players were having. IF their tickets are getting reviewed, then everyone should be bombarding them with help tickets when a Draigoch raid bugs. ....I know, I know....Sometimes ya just gotta step across the line drawn into the sand.

Gonna use a game slogan here, "Power to the Players."

Banned

"Your The Lord of the Rings Online account has been suspended as a result of a confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is for 3 days .

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you engaged in the abuse of In-Game Support through the repeated submission of help requests after being advised to cease such activity.

You can find more information regarding the associated policy at the following URL: http://www.lotro.com/support/1033-coc
    Our ultimate goal is to provide an appropriately safe, fun, and engaging experience for our entire player community. To that end, the Player Code of Conduct must be enforced.

If you have any information that you feel would alter the decision made in this action, please visit http://turbine.com/support, and follow the links to the In-Game Support help page to submit your appeal. Note that all account actions are taken only after a significant amount of research and verification is performed to ensure proper Code of Conduct enforcement. In addition, if you have received a temporary suspension, it will expire automatically - you do not need to contact us to have a temporary suspension removed at its conclusion.

Turbine In-Game Support Team"

Complain, Complain, Complain.....Keep complaining. There is another place to complain. Warner Brother. http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp Don't complain to Turbine. Go OVER them and to the parent company.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
    "Your The Lord of the Rings Online account has been suspended as a result of a confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is for 3 days .

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you engaged in the abuse of In-Game Support through the repeated submission of help requests after being advised to cease such activity.

You can find more information regarding the associated policy at the following URL: http://www.lotro.com/support/1033-coc
    Our ultimate goal is to provide an appropriately safe, fun, and engaging experience for our entire player community. To that end, the Player Code of Conduct must be enforced.

If you have any information that you feel would alter the decision made in this action, please visit http://turbine.com/support, and follow the links to the In-Game Support help page to submit your appeal. Note that all account actions are taken only after a significant amount of research and verification is performed to ensure proper Code of Conduct enforcement. In addition, if you have received a temporary suspension, it will expire automatically - you do not need to contact us to have a temporary suspension removed at its conclusion.

Turbine In-Game Support Team"

Complain, Complain, Complain.....Keep complaining. There is another place to complain. Warner Brother. http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp Don't complain to Turbine. Go OVER them and to the parent company.
    By the way Turbine, there is nothing FUN or an ENGAGING EXPERIENCE about a Draigoch raid that is bugging out almost 100% of the time......

I found this in a DDO forum and Am reposting it here

As per Time Warner's website, the contact information for Warner Bros. Entertainment is as follows:

Warner Bros. Entertainment 4000 Warner Blvd. Burbank, CA 91522

Phone 818.954.6000

I also use these two links weekly as well:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp This one works always so far.

http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html This one works once in a while.

Complaining to Turbine directly will do no good, but WB will notice the more people that complain to them directly ABOUT Turbine.

As there is no option for games directly, you have to click "other" at the bottom of the drop down list in the regarding section. They are quite liberal in the amount of text they allow you in the comment box, I have never been told my message is too long yet.

DDO Thread

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...out-DDO/page2?

Go there and read it.....We aren't the only ones with complaints and with our feelings of frustration!

Like someone else in this thread stated, 99% of the time it didn't bug. The problem was that not only were the 1% somewhat unfortunate to have it bug once, Draigoch had a tendency to bug on the same people consistently.

The closest theory I could find for it bugging most of the time was the players taking a long time to beat the instance. (Not their fault, but beating it faster would improve the odds of it not bugging.) My group was knocking it down ~5-6 times a week (different alts) for several months and only bugged twice while I was there (couple more times when I wasn't), and only once was one of those under the 25 minute mark.

Out of all of the things Minquinn listed, the only one that definitely resulted in a bug of some manner was the captain rez, but it wasn't directly related. (It still could potentially cause a halt, but I'll get to why in a second.) The game uses a rezzer's location when using the skill to determine where the rezzed player ends up. If the captain is in the air when he uses the rez skill, the game doesn't know where to put the rezzed player, so it sends them back to the beginning of the instance. If the player then gains aggro in some manner (IE, through HoTs) then it can cause the fight to stop.

Now, all of this was from 75, so I can't speak for the new bugs that have been added in. Sounds just like Turbine to break things they're not even working on though, so I'm definitely not going to doubt that.

As for the people saying they wish it was deactivated, I'll say the same thing I said to those upset at 75: Yeah, it sucks that it's bugged to the point where you can't beat it, but why disable it when other people don't bug out and wish to play the instance? That seems a bit unfair to those other players. Turbine should probably put some kind of warning in their product description, but they shouldn't straight-up disable it.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Like someone else in this thread stated, 99% of the time it didn't bug. The problem was that not only were the 1% somewhat unfortunate to have it bug once, Draigoch had a tendency to bug on the same people consistently.

The closest theory I could find for it bugging most of the time was the players taking a long time to beat the instance. (Not their fault, but beating it faster would improve the odds of it not bugging.) My group was knocking it down ~5-6 times a week (different alts) for several months and only bugged twice while I was there (couple more times when I wasn't), and only once was one of those under the 25 minute mark.

Out of all of the things Minquinn listed, the only one that definitely resulted in a bug of some manner was the captain rez, but it wasn't directly related. (It still could potentially cause a halt, but I'll get to why in a second.) The game uses a rezzer's location when using the skill to determine where the rezzed player ends up. If the captain is in the air when he uses the rez skill, the game doesn't know where to put the rezzed player, so it sends them back to the beginning of the instance. If the player then gains aggro in some manner (IE, through HoTs) then it can cause the fight to stop.

Now, all of this was from 75, so I can't speak for the new bugs that have been added in. Sounds just like Turbine to break things they're not even working on though, so I'm definitely not going to doubt that.

As for the people saying they wish it was deactivated, I'll say the same thing I said to those upset at 75: Yeah, it sucks that it's bugged to the point where you can't beat it, but why disable it when other people don't bug out and wish to play the instance? That seems a bit unfair to those other players. Turbine should probably put some kind of warning in their product description, but they shouldn't straight-up disable it.
    We don't want something active that is almost SURE to bug out. We want it fixed. We aren't accepting mediocrity. This instance is getting worse and worse. You don't leave a defective product on the shelf knowing that it MIGHT work. As a company, you want a good product on the shelf that WILL work. You want people to have a positive image of your company. It's just bad PR and hurts a company's reputation. This isn't "Caveat emptor", it's "Caveat venditor." Every POST you make Tin Dragon....I'm posting the COMMON SENSE response too. You might accept broken code and enjoy not finishing an instance due to a bug. The rest of us are going to get it fixed or deactivated.

raising you forum rank before they take it down? posting the same in 10+ threads?
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    raising you forum rank before they take it down? posting the same in 10+ threads?
    It's people like you that make me wonder sometimes..............

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    I'm upset with the Draigoch's Lair raid. I attempted to do it 5 times. # of them in a row. All five efforts ended with the Dragon bugging out. I lost my temper and described the instance very colorfully to a GM. Not cursing/cussing him/her out, but describing my feelings. GM said, "Known Issues." I put in Help Ticket after Help Ticket because if they are Known Issues, then they need to give the raid members their Deed Completions and their loot. GM said he/she couldn't do it. They can do it, they just don't want to get in the habit. GM told me if I kept putting in Help Tickets he/she would ban me. So, I get banned for Turbine leaving up a Raid that has KNown Issues. But not just any old Known Issues, issues that go all the way back to 2011...and they keep getting worse. I reposted/reactivated (learned that was bumping) SOME, not all, of the complaint posts concerning Draigoch to illustrate that Turbine is wrong for not fixing it, not deactivating it, and certainly shouldn't be featuring Draigoch in the RoI expansion pack and collecting money for it......Oh, then banning people like me that get frustrated with it. I didn't do it 5 times thinking it was going to bug everytime....know what I mean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast