We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Taddyn is gone :´

So I logged my really old character and have been playing him a bit with some slight hope to have a decent alt there. I had a bunch of old trophies that should've been traded in with Taddyn, but with the removal of the Bree crafting hall Taddyn is gone! The trophies can't be sold for silver even, so I'll have to just destroy them...
    Personally I don't understand why the devs couldn't at least allow you to sell them. I'm in anguish over having to destroy these precious item stacks.

There is a trophy trader in the Michel Delving crafting area. Accepts all kinds of old eyes, claws, legs etc. in exchange for newer items. Look for Bill Brockhouse.

Bill Brockhouse is the same as the Esteldin crafting hall guy. I'm talking pre-that-stuff trading

You had to trade the original old trophies to Taddyn in order to get the new old trophies which you could then trade with Bill Brockhouse in MD or with Bungo Brockhouse in Esteldin.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vuguroth View Post
    Bill Brockhouse is the same as the Esteldin crafting hall guy. I'm talking pre-that-stuff trading
    These trophies stopped dropping years ago. Turbine decided to remove the NPC and the barter options. As you noted you have to go thru this process twice. You will see this kind of activity in all software applications.

At some point old rarely used legacy functions are removed to improve performance and get rid of any costs associated with keeping the legacy features working as the application evolves. The removal typically occurs when the legacy feature has to updated to allow it to continue working.

This NPC has been gone for a very long time.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuguroth View Post
    Personally I don't understand why the devs couldn't at least allow you to sell them. ...
    Because keeping this mysterious NPC for a few people is not worth iritating thousands of new players that have no idea what he is all about.