We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Camby, Indiana
    Posts
    255

    Doing *EVERY POSSIBLE* quest? Is there a permanent/tangible reward to do so?

    'Once you get the area deed (sans reputation, etc. I'm talking about deeds) for getting quests done, is there any further need or benefit as far as deeds go to clean the quests out if you are so far ahead level-wise? In other words, is there a permanent, tangible benefit for doing every possible thing you could do? Is there something besides paltry XP and obsolescent items?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000002b2e48/signature.png]Alcarinwe[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff9900][FONT=impact][I]A l c a r i n w ë[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

  2. #2
    No. just the satisfaction that you've done it all. You also have to watch because some patches and updates add or change quests. So you might have to go back and find them later, which is a pain if you are completionist. I usually try to complete almost everything, deeds, quests, but some are not worth the travel time. Plus there are repeatables and there are deeds for doing certain ones a certain number of times. If you get bored, there are lots of social deeds for emotes and eating things. See the wiki pages.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Story. Coin. Reputation.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    Story. Coin. Reputation.
    All this, and sometimes gear. Sometimes the last quest in an area or a long quest arc has above average gear for players leveling up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Camby, Indiana
    Posts
    255
    Thank you kindly. I suspected this, but I just didn't want to deal with a bunch of malarkey in my quest for virtues, and turbine points.


    Quote Originally Posted by BeachGolf View Post
    No. just the satisfaction that you've done it all. You also have to watch because some patches and updates add or change quests. So you might have to go back and find them later, which is a pain if you are completionist. I usually try to complete almost everything, deeds, quests, but some are not worth the travel time. Plus there are repeatables and there are deeds for doing certain ones a certain number of times. If you get bored, there are lots of social deeds for emotes and eating things. See the wiki pages.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000002b2e48/signature.png]Alcarinwe[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff9900][FONT=impact][I]A l c a r i n w ë[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

  6. #6

    Angry

    players like this are the ruination of the game. why bother to do quests when you have gotten the rewards?

    How about the fun of it....the social interaction with other players in the area...how about helping the other players in the area...how about learning your class...learning how to function in a fellowship.

    I'm really beginning to have a very hard time with the notion that lvl85 is the only thing worthy of accomplishment.

    But instead...lets do the minimum and move on to the next area so we can do the minimum there...and when you hit lvl85...be sure to post in here how you don't know your class...or how to run in a group.

    so very aggravated

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Camby, Indiana
    Posts
    255
    I'm terribly sorry my question aggravated you so much, but as it stands, I have over 20 toons that I have gotten past level 20, and doing the same quests over, and over again ***REALLY*** suck, and I did this BEFORE you got XP for doing crafts. The vast majority of the people are high level, and I wanted to raid. Yes, I am trying to level as fast as I can, and I have done most of these early quests over, and over again, but now that I have hit a post-20 level, I wish to empower my character as quickly as I might. I play at night now, where there are few other players playing, so being social is much harder to do now. I chose an RP server (Laurelin) so that I could associate with whom I deem to be a higher class of player.

    I think you read too much into things, and not in a positive way. Such is my assessment of your character, based on your rush to judge mine. I'm still going to complete the quests, but it is a matter of timetable. I want the permanent things. Not the momentary gear. I like stat improvements, virtues, and turbine points, as that is the best bet one has for permanent individual improvement. The social aspect is great, provided there are people playing the same time you are.




    Quote Originally Posted by Lordthebruce View Post
    players like this are the ruination of the game. why bother to do quests when you have gotten the rewards?

    How about the fun of it....the social interaction with other players in the area...how about helping the other players in the area...how about learning your class...learning how to function in a fellowship.

    I'm really beginning to have a very hard time with the notion that lvl85 is the only thing worthy of accomplishment.

    But instead...lets do the minimum and move on to the next area so we can do the minimum there...and when you hit lvl85...be sure to post in here how you don't know your class...or how to run in a group.

    so very aggravated
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000002b2e48/signature.png]Alcarinwe[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff9900][FONT=impact][I]A l c a r i n w ë[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

  8. #8
    The only tangible reward I can think of is a nice brace for carpal tunnel syndrome. (hopefully it's not permanent though)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordthebruce View Post
    players like this are the ruination of the game. why bother to do quests when you have gotten the rewards?

    How about the fun of it....the social interaction with other players in the area...how about helping the other players in the area...how about learning your class...learning how to function in a fellowship.

    I'm really beginning to have a very hard time with the notion that lvl85 is the only thing worthy of accomplishment.

    But instead...lets do the minimum and move on to the next area so we can do the minimum there...and when you hit lvl85...be sure to post in here how you don't know your class...or how to run in a group.

    so very aggravated
    Whoooa!! Calm down, being aggrevated is not good for the blood-pressure There are many good reasons to want to skip some quests (or an whole area!) i can think of which has nothing to do with rushing to 85.

    And honestly, even if there where only bad reasons (according to you!) or someone wants to rush to 85, i think everything would be a bit smoother if people cared more about how they play to enjoy the game their way and a bit less on what other players do... (This is btw also pretty valid in real-life imho, not only in LotRO)

    How could anyone elses playstyle really affect you to the point they 'ruin the game' somehow?

    Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,713
    Glad you joined a RP server, because if you think *any* reward for doing *anything* in LOTRO is "tangible", you are very deep in your fairy tale world, my friend.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

  11. #11
    For me, on my main, story is the big thing.
    If you dont finish some of the quest lines, you won't find out some interesting things.
    For example, the Trollshaws has a quest line that deals with the history of the gaunt lords.
    Also if you kill the watcher you really make some dwarf's day.

    Not to mention there are some cool titles that come from quest lines.
    Ararax

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    451
    There are some steeds you get only by doing meta-deeds. I am fairly certain they are still obtainable. Check out www.lotrosteeds.com to see pics and how to get them, though the site hasn't been updated lately.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordthebruce View Post
    players like this are the ruination of the game.

    [...]

    so very aggravated
    I'm baffled by how many people get personally insulted by and even angry over the fact that different people have different ways of having fun.

    I do encourage you to check out this series of articles that examines the various ways one can enjoy a video game - and shows that there is no one "proper" way to do so.


    So as a little bit of a "completionist" myself, I think it would be lovely to have a little something telling you "you have done EVERY POSSIBLE THING in [here]." Doesn't need to give you anything - gear, virtue, title... Just that little virtual pat on the back that's the life and blood of this very specific type of neurotic.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Taravith View Post
    I'm baffled by how many people get personally insulted by and even angry over the fact that different people have different ways of having fun.

    I do encourage you to check out this series of articles that examines the various ways one can enjoy a video game - and shows that there is no one "proper" way to do so.


    So as a little bit of a "completionist" myself, I think it would be lovely to have a little something telling you "you have done EVERY POSSIBLE THING in [here]." Doesn't need to give you anything - gear, virtue, title... Just that little virtual pat on the back that's the life and blood of this very specific type of neurotic.
    Even tough it was actually warranted this time, do you just enter threads to continually remind everyone that people have their own opinions and preferences on how to enjoy the game? You had even accused me of holding contempt towards those that did have an different playstyle than my own., where in fact I was not even addressing that topic.

    What are you so upset about?
    Last edited by Minquinn; Jul 26 2013 at 12:31 AM.

  15. #15

    Savior of Eriador

    How about this Barleybuck:

    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Saviour_of_Eriador

    Might not be what u asking for - but i wonder how many completed this deed. Play the way u like BB. Thats cool

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    There are some steeds you get only by doing meta-deeds. I am fairly certain they are still obtainable. Check out www.lotrosteeds.com to see pics and how to get them, though the site hasn't been updated lately.
    Off-topic: Yes, they are all still obtainable, but the lotro wiki article about mounts is better updated source for these matters - http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mounts
    I think currently it is only the new summer fest mount that is missing.

    How about this Barleybuck:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Saviour_of_Eriador
    Might not be what u asking for - but i wonder how many completed this deed. Play the way u like BB. Thats cool
    Have been looking for that one since ages. It is ~1.5 years or more since Thorog is totally out of fashion (I was late to the party), which is why I still can't get it.
    Another frustrating one is the Mirk meta-deed horse. The guy who created the Dungeons 3-man + their deeds wins the second best in Terrible Ideas, right after the guy who turned it into a 6-man.

    Off-topic Hint: Everything that relies on NPCs AI in this game should be avoided from fight mechanics. You may decide it is an interesting idea. It is not. Then, sometimes you may think it is usable in a boss fight. Think again.
    The annoyance a player is expected to endure because of stupid NPCs should really go as far as skirmish raids difficulty level, and not a step further.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Minquinn View Post
    Even tough it was actually warranted this time, do you just enter threads to continually remind everyone that people have their own opinions and preferences on how to enjoy the game?
    Well if you yourself admit that it was justified this time, you just answered your own question :P

    But it is a pattern I've been noticing lately indeed and I guess you took the brunt of my exasperation even though it wasn't really deserved. I'm sorry, let's just all be friends <3
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload