We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warden Quest: Hold the line

This is definitely the stupidest quest I have experienced to date. Instead of following the usual mindless-run-here-run-there-quests that seem to be Lotro so far, this one instead went way too far the other way. Sitting in game waiting for something to happen for 15 minutes! And then a wave of attacks (for 2 minutes) and if you stray a few feet from a tree to protoct the npc you are supposed to be protecting, the quest is a failure. I will not be wasting another minute on this one.

I take it you went too far from the line?

Yeah I did that a few times, lol

Hmm, just did this a couple days ago on my baby warden. It's a class quest, they are usually a little different than the average kill quest. It's meant to be more about what makes your class unique, the flavor.
    Not sure where the 15 minutes waiting comes from, there's a minute or so in between very small waves of brigands and yeah, the only "trick" to it is staying between the lines. Target the mobs, shout at them a bit and kill them. The shield reward is nice for the level though, so I think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynore View Post
    Not sure where the 15 minutes waiting comes from...
    Maybe it was broken when I tried it. But yeah, the first wave didn't come until 15 minutes after entering the instance. It was having to wait so long that put my blood to boil. So, I was unwilling to try it again and fail, wasting huge chunks of time doing absolutely nothing. But because of your experience, I will try it again to see if it was just a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeth View Post
    Maybe it was broken when I tried it. But yeah, the first wave didn't come until 15 minutes after entering the instance. It was having to wait so long that put my blood to boil. So, I was unwilling to try it again and fail, wasting huge chunks of time doing absolutely nothing. But because of your experience, I will try it again to see if it was just a fluke.
    I would try it a second time just to see because I've done this one about 3 or 4 times, the last time in just the last 2 weeks or so, and don't remember ever having to wait 5 minutes. But from reading other posts, it seems that after update 11.1, some of the old quest have gotten a few new bugs, and this might be one of them.

But I do dislike the quest--yeah, I've gotten too far from the line a couple of times myself

I'm sorry you had to wait 15 minutes - that's unfair.

I've done this quest a few times and never had to wait. (I also kept between the markers!)

maybe an online GM could check the Quest for you?

Then YOU did something wrong. I have 7 wardens I have leveled for crafting. All you have to do is follow the directions and go where told. If you are holding your place in line, the attack starts straight away.