We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freeze at "Decrypt Status 19688160 bytes of 1968810 bytes"

I have been away for a couple of months on my mac and when I came back, it started the normal updates. Downloads fine. Then starts the decrypt and hangs there. Never get to the login screen where I know I will have to do the change language workaround.

It looks like overall progress is about 60% in the bar with a status of "Updating Files"
    The "Files" progress is at 100% with a status of "Resources/lotroclient.app..."
    No other tasks, so it has some further work before it is all the way through the update.

Any suggestions on how to kickstart the update so it will progress? I waited about 40 minutes before just killing the process manually.

Quote Originally Posted by DenshThug View Post
    I have been away for a couple of months on my mac and when I came back, it started the normal updates. Downloads fine. Then starts the decrypt and hangs there. Never get to the login screen where I know I will have to do the change language workaround.

It looks like overall progress is about 60% in the bar with a status of "Updating Files"
    No other tasks, so it has some further work before it is all the way through the update.

Any suggestions on how to kickstart the update so it will progress? I waited about 40 minutes before just killing the process manually.
    On my iMac, after the basic download, the next phase takes 20-30 minutes... nothing visible happens during that time.

I believe it is "applying forward iterations" at that point.... i.e. unpacking the downloaded update(s) and applying them.
    At that point it is all disk I/O.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by DenshThug View Post

I'm having the same problem! Have you figured out a solution or did it ever start working if you let it keep running? My problem is that after it reaches the Decrypt status at the 196.... thing, the whole window stops responding. I don't know if I should let it keep running or figure something else out. I've re-downloaded the game and i still have the same problem.