We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Invisible Steps

Invisible Steps

Having wandered through the bottom of the Flaming Deeps today looking for rubble for a quest, I was beginning to get irritated because I couldn't find a way to get to the eighth piece. I searched and searched, but I simply couldn't get to it as it was surrounded by boiling oil. So I went to the mid-level of the zone and searched there. Lo and behold, I could see the rubble on the ground, far below. So I looked for a way to get to it. I noticed some stairs, so I headed for them, but I couldn't get to them from where I was, as the top of the stairs was attached to nothing. So, as is my customary method for discovering ways to get places, I threw a javelin at an orc coming up the stairs, in hopes that he would lead the way to his location by running towards me. So I threw the javelin. The orc ran across the thin air separating us like there was a bridge. So I walked forward to the invisi-bridge (name patent-pending) and..... fell off. Luckily I found the rubble at the bottom. Long story short, I ran up the stairs to get back up and was lucky enough to choose the right path back to where I had been. I then walked across the invisible pathway to the platform in the middle, where I was once again stuck. Does anyone know why this happened and/or how to fix it? I would really like to continue questing in the Flaming Deeps.

Thanks!

Those aren't the only stairs the dwarves have hidden. If you are in Old Silvertine City, in the deep claw nest area there are some. Then past that area going down to the bug area it looks like you have to jump but you land on steps. Moving the camera around seems to make them come and go.

I was also a bit baffled in Old Silvertine City, I'll admit, but that clears it up. Thanks for your help.

It's not just steps that have disappeared!