We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    While Gandalf and the eagles may have bouts of gas from time to time,
    Ain't sure bout the Eagles, but I reckon the stewed cabbages in the Shire might be responsible for Gandalf's discomfort...
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Hmm, why not bomb Mordor with thousands of cheap copies of the Ring... Let Sauron sort out the mess.
    There would have to be a China in Middle-earth first.
    [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N0YORWKgbns/UgFK3Qg2w7I/AAAAAAAAAyM/Z5vo13vE56g/w350-h120-no/AerlinnethBanner.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/11644]Aerlinneth's Page[/url] [color=#66CDAA]at The Laurelin Archives[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    Well, either your son is reasonably young or has a pretty bad science teacher. Pluto is not a star (hint, stars are made of mostly hydrogen gas and are on fire, like the sun). Pluto is not made of hydrogen gas and it is not on fire, ergo it is not a star.

Back to Gandalf and the eagles. While Gandalf and the eagles may have bouts of gas from time to time, they are not made of gas and not on fire, therefore they are also not stars.

I hope this has clarified things adequately for everyone.
    Sigh.....ok it's a dwarf planet then....Or 'little people' planet to avoid anymore corrections
    If in danger from Red, Call Glod.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3