We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I feel my pet and I have switched places...

Seriously, I feel like my pet is the leader now and I'm just tagging along trying to squeeze in a tiny amount of DPS before my Eagle slaughters all the enemies. I'm a complete weakling compared to my pet, he out-DPS's me every time. I tried to not use my pet and I completely failed, such little damage. When do we start to not need our pets anymore, or at least do more DPS than them?

I can't be sure about the now LM before lvl85, but certainly at lvl85+ any pet aside the bog wont even have the time to go close for DPS to a landscape mob before u kill it. Also at level cap even in blue line u do tons of more DPS than ur pet.

/shrug, to me, the Lore-master has always been a "pet class," and that's why it's always been my favorite. My MMO class history looks like... UO: Tamer; EQ1: Necro, Magician, Beastlord; AO: Meta-physicist, Engineer; EQ2: Necro, Conjurer; WoW: Hunter, Warlock; LOTRO: Lore-master; WAR: Squig Herder... You get the picture. Heh.

(And when I say "always," I was involved in LOTRO Alpha 1, the first or second group of people external to Turbine to be allowed into the game.)
    Last edited by Syrithia; Mar 11 2014 at 09:15 AM.
    [color=green][b]Formerly Sevok, Vendraen, and others. :([/b][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Syrithia View Post
    /shrug, to me, the Lore-master has always been a "pet class," and that's why it's always been my favorite. My MMO class history looks like... UO: Tamer; EQ1: Necro, Magician, Beastlord; AC1: Meta-physicist, Engineer; EQ2: Necro, Conjurer; WoW: Hunter, Warlock; LOTRO: Lore-master; WAR: Squig Herder... You get the picture. Heh.

(And when I say "always," I was involved in LOTRO Alpha 1, the first or second group of people external to Turbine to be allowed into the game.)
    You were driving me nuts for a few minutes with the AC1 reference, try to work out how you got a pet class there (although they actually have summoning skills now), until I actually read the classes and realized Anarchy Online.

I guess the point is in the sudden jump in pet power relative to the player. As an experiment I did one of the Hytbold crafting instances just after HD released and while still at 85 myself. In the end like the example above, I just let my Eagle do it. Traited red I could stomp through it, but traited blue my pet didn't need me at all.

By the way I know it doesn't really count, but best 'pet' class ever: Adventurer in AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolas View Post
    You were driving me nuts for a few minutes with the AC1 reference, try to work out how you got a pet class there (although they actually have summoning skills now), until I actually read the classes and realized Anarchy Online.
    LOL - I did totally derp out on that, didn't I.

(And BTW pet power isn't so great at lower levels. My bear gets pwned often on my newly rolled LM...)
    [color=green][b]Formerly Sevok, Vendraen, and others. :([/b][/color]