We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Warden Bleed DPS Video

Hey all,

Some of you may remember I made a video showing Warden bleeds a while ago and, bored this morning, I decided to make another one!
    This is a bit more interesting as my gear is ok now, still no class items (/shakefist @ RNG) but not far off really.

The vid contains a Limlight spider parse (everyone seems to love those ) and various other random bits and bobs solo and in a 3 man. It was all shot this morning over a couple of hours so this is not endless attempts to push dps or anything, just normal Wardening

Only my second ever vid but I do rather enjoy the whole process, PvP one soon if I can work out how to improve my fps somewhat.

Anyway hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5LH8...ature=youtu.be

PS. The vid may not work in Germany I think, copy write on the second tune
    Last edited by Bels_illuminati; Jul 17 2013 at 12:17 PM.
    [color=#DBA901]Lieutenant Belegardo the Veteran, Reaver-Foe, Stalker-Foe, Blackarrow-Foe Rank 10 Warden
    Skuttles, Black Dog, Rank 8 Weaver[/color]

Didn't know you were still in business
    Edit: That's a real nice 7k WT at the start ^^ Shame I don't have a real DPS build, would love to see these numbers.
    Last edited by Giliodor; Jul 17 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Loved it, thanks for sharing! Can't wait for the PvP vid! :-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000108297/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R10 Waden Dirtdiver || R7 Hunter Eleon || R5 RK Hybridd || R4 Champ Ubermorgan

Quote Originally Posted by kermie-lee View Post
    Loved it, thanks for sharing! Can't wait for the PvP vid! :-)
    Thanks for watching!

It's just a bit of fun really, I enjoy making vids and watching them when I can't play for a few days, and after all the dps threads that have been popping up recently I figured some people might enjoy seeing actual warden dps especially if they haven't tried out a dps build yet!
    [color=#DBA901]Lieutenant Belegardo the Veteran, Reaver-Foe, Stalker-Foe, Blackarrow-Foe Rank 10 Warden

Great video. I've always been a tanking warden but would like to build out my warden for DPS as you've done. I would like to know more about which class traits you've chosen and your gear choices. From your character screen it looks like you have about 2500 agility and 11000 crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2 View Post
    Great video. I've always been a tanking warden but would like to build out my warden for DPS as you've done. I would like to know more about which class traits you've chosen and your gear choices. From your character screen it looks like you have about 2500 agility and 11000 crit?
    Hiya Chris

I'm away with work until tomorrow but when I get back I'll happily post a better screenshot of my build with LIs and traiting etc. defo give dps warden a go by the way, the damage is nothing to sniff at and as someone who has played all classes to at least 75 (less time this xpac) warden dps is by FAR the most fun and easily the most rewarding!

As promised a build screenshot:

You could force more dps with some obvious gear upgrades and a rejig on the LI legacies (which are currently setup for pvp, although the relics are still aggressively maxed for dps).
    Gear upgrades would include replacing the earrings with the teal fornost ones (Arthedain something I think) and the pocket with the class drop from Sambrog (I have done HUNDREDS of runs spread across both and have neither so I've pretty much just given up, incredibly frustrating problem with the new lotro loot system).

Traiting is: Deadly Thrust, Efficient Thrust, Veteran, Find Weakness, Force of Personality + Expert Hurler, Mighty Throw. Legendaries are GMWT, Spear Capstone and JoDF.
    Virtues are fairly obvious, at the moment for PvE it's stacking might and agility ones, although I tend to stay in PvP mode as I have for the screenshot, which means less mastery but much higher resists etc.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bels_illuminati View Post
    As promised a build screenshot:
    Thanks for the screenshot - love the gear. One question that kept nagging me as I was looking it over was this... do you run with that build in the moors? I'm particularly interested in the medium-low morale level you're sporting. I've got a pure dps build as well (not as good as yours, lol) but I've only used it for PvE stuff like grinding dailies & whatnot. When I got back out into the moors I felt I needed at least 12-13k morale to give me a fighting chance, so I dropped some agility for morale/vit pieces. What has been your experience out there?

Most nights I start out soloing for about 20-30mins before grouping up, but rarely find solo fights nowadays. I wonder if grouped/raided up I wouldn't need as much morale and could bust out some more of my pure agility/dps pieces again. I have noticed that most times in a raid I get targeted close to last.

Thanks in advance. I love threads like this and you've been most helpful already.

-Dirt
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000108297/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for the screenshot - love the gear. One question that kept nagging me as I was looking it over was this... do you run with that build in the moors? I'm particularly interested in the medium-low morale level you're sporting. I've got a pure dps build as well (not as good as yours, lol) but I've only used it for PvE stuff like grinding dailies & whatnot. When I got back out into the moors I felt I needed at least 12-13k morale to give me a fighting chance, so I dropped some agility for morale/vit pieces. What has been your experience out there?

Most nights I start out soloing for about 20-30mins before grouping up, but rarely find solo fights nowadays. I wonder if grouped/raided up I wouldn't need as much morale and could bust out some more of my pure agility/dps pieces again. I have noticed that most times in a raid I get targeted close to last.

Thanks in advance. I love threads like this and you've been most helpful already.

-Dirt
    I'm running a build with around 30500 mastery and 21% crit in the moors that puts me at 12200 morale with BFP. I basically have a cloak, and pocket with defensive stats, a bracelet and necklace with even stats (agi=vit) and everything else is pure glass cannon. I don't feel too squishy in 2v1 situations for the most part and deal an obnoxious amount of damage. If I were grouping I would run 100% dps gear without hesitation as even in a glass build, most creeps will save you for last anyway.

If I were only finding soloers out there and knew I could start from range, I'd run pure dps as well. If you can prevent a reaver from charging, they're going to be at half health by the time they touch you, same with just about anything else besides a BA using MT and obviously a warg since they initiate the fight 99% of the time.

Personally I prefer melee given the choice, and being a warden out there pretty much ensures you'll be called out when solo, so i run with a bit of survivability.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

-Dirt
    No probs!
    So for the moors I run slightly differently. I use full audacity armour, basically I leave the 2 spearlord I have on in the PvE build (25% Bleed dmg) and swap in 4 of the Solidarity set (I think that's the one), it gives 20% SpSh gambit dmg (offsets the lower stats on pvp gear, GREAT set bonus) and a 25% knockdown chance on a few gambits (extra control is glorious, especially vicious against catch prey spiders).
    This naturally shifts stats away from agility a little and more towards vitality. I also swap for the new crafted vitality cloak (for crit defense) and a tacitical mitigation class item (instead of 7% light damage one). If I know the odds are against me I often slot the new crafted tanky pocket (easy to obtain) for some more tac mitigation and general morale levels.
    Once this is done and with my rank 10 promotion boost (12% morale and 9% damage I believe) I end up around the 13k mark which is more than enough. Basically I use the promotion boost to slightly increase my defensive stats while still maintaining the same damage as PvE.

For fun if you are pretty high rank try grouping with a cappy and burg and going full glass cannon pve build on a tyrant. With all 4 OPs our dps is outrageous

PS. For another easily obtained defensive item try the new crafted tanky necklace, very nice stat levels.
    Last edited by Bels_illuminati; Jul 26 2013 at 07:59 AM.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll be swappin some gear around very soon to see what I can get away with morale-wise, esp. while grouping. Might even give the Solidarity set a whirl... I'm such a huge fan of the other two though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bels_illuminati View Post
    First of all, thanks for all the very informative posts. This has certainly influenced my DPS build.

I've an extremely "noobish" question for you however. What skills do you have setup as F10 and S+F10 in the video above? I'm at a loss to explain them!

Quote Originally Posted by celtRP View Post
    First of all, thanks for all the very informative posts. This has certainly influenced my DPS build.

I've an extremely "noobish" question for you however. What skills do you have setup as F10 and S+F10 in the video above? I'm at a loss to explain them!
    Javelin toss and Wages of fear. The icons appear different because Belegardo used either a light or fire oil, which changes their appearance.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Javelin toss and Wages of fear. The icons appear different because Belegardo used either a light or fire oil, which changes their appearance.
    Ah, I see. Cheers!