We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Draigoch Scales in Lotro Store

I may catch hell for suggesting this, but hear me out.

It's been almost 2 years since the launch of RoI. Finding a whole team, let alone an experienced team, to run Draigochs Lair is pretty rough. At least on my server (Vilya) it is. My main was fortunate to come across some scales while the getting was good, but now that time has passed and most have moved on, it seems unlikely for my alts to ever have their own.

I'm totally against selling high lvl raid gear in stores, but with helms deep just around the corner, 75 is really no longer "endgame".

Given that Draigoch is currently not doable due to new bugs that doesn't sound completely unreasonable. Though I'd prefer a bugfix instead

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Given that Draigoch is currently not doable due to new bugs that doesn't sound completely unreasonable. Though I'd prefer a bugfix instead
    What new bugs? I finished it about 2 months ago and didn't hear many (new) complaints about it since.

Phase 3, where the location of the feet and head actually are bears no relation to what is on your screen. You can't see where anything is going or where the fire puddles are. Ideally you will have managed the CJs so that you only induce 2 flops in Phase 3. Healing it is now pretty, um, "entertaining".

With this in mind, +1 for draig scales in the store. They still make a damn good captain cloak IMO...

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Smile

Just ran draigoch on Elendilmir last night (this morn almost 3am). And everything at the start was for the most part workaroundable. Killing claws (even when they weren't visually there.) But yeah, phase 3 was really stressful. The head (actual attackable spot vs graphics) wasn't locateable for the tank, so we had cave-in overtime damage, knocked the squishies out. I got a cappy rez, but instead of reviving down there, I was sent to the start of the instance. The dragon wouldn't quit bouncin', so inductions were downright impossible. Eventually the dragon 1-shot the remaining group. So had to attempt again.

It wasn't pretty, but we did get the dragon down. (second try) I'm still confused. But was so glad that we got enough damage into it by the third flop on the ground that we got it killed.

That said, I'm not sure wether or not I'd support the OP's suggestion. At this current wonky dragon behaviour, I believe I would agree, but I'd rather Turbine try and fix the draigoch puzzle, so that the store option wasn't needed.
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B][COLOR=#ff0000]!<3?![/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]Wargs Rule![/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][B]!?<3! [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#4169e1]But only because we have no playable feline races.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][RIGHT][CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum]???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum][B][I][COLOR=magenta]*s6u!s*[/COLOR] [/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=plum]¡[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=plum]?w ?o[/COLOR][COLOR=indigo] [COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum]s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3[/COLOR][B][COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=magenta]Founder & Altoholic:[/COLOR] playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]*Jingle Jangle!*
    [U][COLOR=#ed2669]A "lifetime" of play on: [B]Elendilmir (RIP)[/B], Crick, Landy, & more. [/COLOR][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    That said, I'm not sure wether or not I'd support the OP's suggestion. At this current wonky dragon behaviour, I believe I would agree, but I'd rather Turbine try and fix the draigoch puzzle, so that the store option wasn't needed.
    The chance that they'll fix an instance they've been unable to fix for 1½ years is already slim, and now that it's an old instance (not part of current endgame) the chances are even smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by KainRich View Post
    I'm totally against selling high lvl raid gear in stores, but with helms deep just around the corner, 75 is really no longer "endgame".
    This item is absolutely still end-game, especially once you upgrade it with a Saruman Clasp.

I'd rather see it added to the skirmish camp =)

I am disappointed that this instance which was mostly functional at the end of RoI has taken such a drop in functionality.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Id really.like this whole IC scaled to 95 with HD to be honest make a nice change from sambrog. But maybe the bugs will prevent this from happening.

workaround

I led Draigoch 2 days ago and ran into the same issue (dont follow what you see...)

Workaround :

get 12 players, 1 tank up top. make sure you kill the 4 claws before he move. Tank have nothing to call ... cant be wrong

Slow or no DPS on the body for max FMs, do the 12.

On phase 3 you cant follow what you see ...

ask the Tank , and 2-3 heavys Capt or champs to cover the possible location. use Tab to select the head and follow to go where it is.

First one there stay in front.

Draigoch -- hyped for months as game-changing technology, then pushed back behind the Turbine Wall of Silence.

They reached too far, and (based on customer-facing evidence) lack the education and skills to make the fight function. When it was new and "working" many players (myself included) ran it over and over with a bug-out rate of ~60%. They have never stepped up and discussed the issue, and now they have made it worse.

It should have been properly managed at the time, but of course customer relations is also something Turbine can't manage. Making these items for sale now is unfortunately the reasonable thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortinobrand View Post
    Making these items for sale now is unfortunately the reasonable thing to do.
    Available, yes. For 'sale' (via the Lotro Store), no.

Skirmish Camp gated by the discovery deed? (So only players who own the instance can purchase the scales =) )
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Available, yes. For 'sale' (via the Lotro Store), no.

Skirmish Camp gated by the discovery deed? (So only players who own the instance can purchase the scales =) )
    I'm all for this. I even prefer this over the store. It didnt cross my mind to suggest the skirm camps. I shudder to think of what it would even cost in the shop, given the cosmetic itself is, what, 100 mithril coins?

Quote Originally Posted by KainRich View Post
    I'm all for this. I even prefer this over the store. It didnt cross my mind to suggest the skirm camps. I shudder to think of what it would even cost in the shop, given the cosmetic itself is, what, 100 mithril coins?

I agree, although I think they should be sold for skirmish camp currency also(mark,med,seal). I haven't yet completed Draigoch once(either wiped or bugged) so I will never see a scale. Have completed ToO once just last week(with only 8-85's) but will never see a clasp. This option gives people like me a chance also.

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    I agree, although I think they should be sold for skirmish camp currency also(mark,med,seal). I haven't yet completed Draigoch once(either wiped or bugged) so I will never see a scale. Have completed ToO once just last week(with only 8-85's) but will never see a clasp. This option gives people like me a chance also.
    I'd be willing to bet the princely sum of 100 fake mithril coins that we'd all get a chance to play and win scales etc if they fixed and scaled it!

Just found this thread, and would like to add my support for putting Draigoch Scales in skirmish camps. (Already bought the raid, so why have to pay again for the rewards?) They're crafting components just like worn symbols, tarnished sigils, and cracked crests (whatever :P), and not as endgame like the level 85 gold cloaks.

This was my favorite raid - no other instance makes me sweat and my heart pound quite like the beginning of this one, and oh, his dialogue! - and my 85 toons are still using the cloaks. I would LOVE to get my warden a cloak, but apparently the raid is buggier than ever, which doesn't exactly help when trying to put a team together...
    Last edited by Saniko; Aug 09 2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Removing white text color
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+ (http://plus.google.com/b/113811507425749946527/113811507425749946527)
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki! (http://lotro-wiki.com)
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    This item is absolutely still end-game, especially once you upgrade it with a Saruman Clasp.

I'd rather see it added to the skirmish camp =)

I am disappointed that this instance which was mostly functional at the end of RoI has taken such a drop in functionality.
    Same here, I would rather see it in the skirmish camp.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

This thread is putting a damper on my desire to do raids in this game...
    Bugs and glitches are innevitable, but holy *bleep*, Turbine.

or perhaps add them to the Armour barterer in Galtrev?
    <A sig goes here>

I got a better Idea. for VIPS like myself.

How about, In the turbine store you can by a turbine point modifier that increases your payout each month in turbine points.

you pay money for each 1% payout you would like, thus you would receive more turbine points by how much you donate to modify it.

Turbine in turn takes the money it receives from the modifiers and hires a game designer that can fix draigoch.

for six months after the patch that fixes draigoch, the vips receive that payout at that modified %

Warner brothers would not care as the cost as it would be a customer funded fix.

turbine would like it as it would fix draigoch.

vips would like is as they get a little extra TP for donations, and then they can run draigoch.

putting the scales on the market would not be in my favor as I play this game, to well, play it. not buy rewards on the turbine store.

This item is very similar to other craft components or quest items. It should be in the skirmish camp. (ESPECIALLY as the Draigoch raid has been bugged since day 1 and is now worse than ever, Turbine should make it a priority to have all Draigoch loot in the Skirmish Camp until they fix it.

Notice not one CSR has come in and offered any condolences. This mat has always needed to be in the SKIRMISH camp, they offered the Scales in the lottery and now the people who won are just going to sell them off. So why not allow people who can craft buy the ingredient to CRAFT?

Oh, the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnier View Post
    Notice not one CSR has come in and offered any condolences. This mat has always needed to be in the SKIRMISH camp, they offered the Scales in the lottery and now the people who won are just going to sell them off. So why not allow people who can craft buy the ingredient to CRAFT?
    For that they'd have to acknowledge publicly that the raid is broken. Admitting failures in public seems to be against company policy (I don't agree with this, but I can somewhat understand why given our current real-life legal system and economics).

There is the possibility that Draig will get fixed, if Turbine decides to scale it. Still, having the scales as a Skirmish Camp and/or a Store item works for me. I have only gotten one shot at that dragon. The way things are now, it is unlikely that I ever will get another shot at Draig.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Ok not talking about the current bugs in there.

But for the claim of 60% bug rate is a little stretched shall we say. At least in my experience.

I ran that thing more times than I care to remember and it never, not one time bugged out on me. Not one time. As to how many times I ran it, my guess would be between 75 and 100. I only had 5 toons at level then.

Most of the folks that had bugs were those trying to 6 and 7 man the instance using the exploits which T had to put solutions into the instance. This I know because the kin I was I at the time had a group that did the 7 man thing over and over until it was fixed. Then they started asking the rest of us to join in and run the raid. But before that they ran it over and over with 7 toons.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

I would buy them for a reasonable price

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast