We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    Wolfhelm is synonymous of idiocy extrapolated
    I don't know, I think saying that Tolkien "may" have been inspired by nuclear weapons when thinking of the one ring makes more sense than a lot of the moronic connections you've tried to make in this thread after you were caught out lying again and again.

I'll take bad analogies over out and out dishonesty any day.

Wooly mammoth and African elephant. Possible inspirations for the mûmakil included in the Haradrim armies attacking Gondor?

Quote Originally Posted by Langie View Post
    I don't know, I think saying that Tolkien "may" have been inspired by nuclear weapons when thinking of the one ring makes more sense than a lot of the moronic connections you've tried to make in this thread after you were caught out lying again and again.

I'll take bad analogies over out and out dishonesty any day.
    You like many other people are idiots I have to deal with everyday, I made connections based on reality and tolkien lore...a nucelar weapon connection with the one ring is idiotic.

You people keep amazing with your bull####

Gondorian Shield against stupidity

Knight Templar, inspiration for Gondorian Knights.

You like many other people are idiots I have to deal with everyday, I made connections based on reality and tolkien lore...a nucelar weapon connection with the one ring is idiotic.

You people keep amazing with your bull####
    That's right Al, everyone else is an idiot except you.

7 billion idiots and one smart person, must be lonely

Knight Templar, inspiration for Gondorian Knights.

Because he uses armor and hand weapons? Seems kind of generic to me or did you have something specific in mind?

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    Because he uses armor and hand weapons? Seems kind of generic to me or did you have something specific in mind?
    I have in mind the role of the templars as the protectors of the roads and the holy land, I think Gondor been the bulwark of the west had some inspiration on the knight templar specially the ranks for military, until now I thought they were Roman specifically the Justinian period which many think is Gondor like, but Templars are closer to the Bizantine period and the crusades I imagine them to be like the council Aragorn restores once he becomes king, a council of Knights templars/similar.

Posting more images soon guys!

Al, shut up. every thread I have seen you do nothing but get it banned. so please, leave.
    The only impossibility is the possibility of impossibilities -Me

Excellent, I could use a good laugh

I have in mind the role of the templars as the protectors of the roads and the holy land, I think Gondor been the bulwark of the west had some inspiration on the knight templar specially the ranks for military, until now I thought they were Roman specifically the Justinian period which many think is Gondor like, but Templars are closer to the Bizantine period and the crusades I imagine them to be like the council Aragorn restores once he becomes king, a council of Knights templars/similar.

I suppose at a very basic level some Knights Templar protected some roads in the Middle East but as a whole group the Knights Templar were a commercial empire with a group of personal security that fought to keep trade open and protect investments to fund other works. I don't know that Gondor was a confederation of multi-national individuals looking for financial gain and moral justification.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

The Templars were a military religious order, so hardly a model for anything in a fantasy that makes a point of shunning anything to do with organised religious observance. There was never anything like that mentioned in Gondor before the lapse of the kingship, so why should it suddenly appear after? Way too Crusade-y. What next, Aragorn is Pope Urban?

I hate religion with passion, so no its not the religious aspect of the Knight templars what I think is worth taking note.

Its their ranks and military tactics, also their knowledge of stars among other things.

Rangers in Gondor

Knight templar with Norman Helmet, Knights of Gondor probably used same Code of the Medieval Knights

Noman Cavalry, Gondor Mounted unit.

I hate religion with passion, so no its not the religious aspect of the Knight templars what I think is worth taking note.

Its their ranks and military tactics, also their knowledge of stars among other things.
    What colour is the sky in your world Al?

Thought I'd contribute a pic I found to this thread, and will do the same to the Rohan thread. My apologies if this one popped up already, haven't browsed all 10 pages to make sure

The Healing of Eowyn by Hildebrandt (that looks to be the name on the image) http://www.kulichki.com/tolkien/cabi...s/healinge.jpg

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

http://www.google.se/url?sa=i&rct=j&...89623067916945

Lighthouse of Alexandria in Egypt.
    Possible inspiration for the tower of Barad-dûr and eye of Sauron. ?? :-P

"Antique Copper Plate, Published London 1705-64 [1744] for "Navigantium atque Itinerantium Bibliotheca; A compleat collection of voyages and travels" by John Harris. Recent professional hand colour by a fine British Colourist."

http://www.google.se/url?sa=i&rct=j&...89623179080204

and Mordor was warring against Gondor.
    Last edited by EddieMuerto; Jan 12 2014 at 11:02 AM.

You say that, and then you post this:

Knight templar with Norman Helmet, Knights of Gondor probably used same Code of the Medieval Knights
    What exactly do you think he's doing there? And did you forget that chivalry included keeping the faith and defending the Church?

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    You say that, and then you post this:

What exactly do you think he's doing there? And did you forget that chivalry included keeping the faith and defending the Church?

Also, with the Knights Templar, it was ALL about religion, from taking their meals in silence to self flagellation to vows of chastity. Not just chastity either, they were forbidden contact with women completely. You can't make comparisons with the Knights Templar without taking into account the religious aspects, they were basically monks in armour.

Don't blame for your lack of knowledge

Elven Knights, Gondor took a lot of their culture from elves.

Eomer and Aragorn, by Abe Papakhian

Don't blame for your lack of knowledge
    What does that even mean? I'm confused.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast