We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

The Gondor thread

Hello, this thread is to post pics or anything related to Gondor, Numenor, Westernesse, Arnor ,Bizantine/Roman, etc. for LOTRO.

Keep in Mind, only anything goes except movies because LOTRO is based on the books/History.

Go!

Ill start it with some pics: Regular Foot Soldier and Swan Knight

Living quarters incisde Gondorian Settlements.
    Last edited by Al.; Dec 15 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Oldbadger can you post one of your famous pics if you get to see this thread.

Regular Foot Soldier Axe or Sword
    Last edited by Al.; Oct 05 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Keep posting anything related guys.

Here is some People from Gondor:

Click Options of this Post to Zoom!
    Last edited by Al.; Oct 05 2013 at 02:16 PM.

Minas Tirith and the Tower of the Sun
    Last edited by Al.; Oct 05 2013 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post

Wow, so according to this map part of Gondor reaches South enough to touch the desert. I wonder if that's far enough to see "where the stars are strange".
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I'm a little confused here, you named this "The Gondor thread", yet half of these pictures are from Rohan or of elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    I'm a little confused here, you named this "The Gondor thread", yet half of these pictures are from Rohan or of elves?
    No pics are from rohan, 1 pic is from elves and Gondor is linked to elves in their culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    No pics are from rohan, 1 pic is from elves and Gondor is linked to elves in their culture.

I beg to differ. The painting of the snowed-under village looks very Anglo-Saxon to me, while the other architecture looks Gondorian enough. The beautiful Minas Tirith at Dawn painting from Ted Nasmith is obviously pure Gondor, even if it has a major flaw lore-wise (like several of Nasmith's best work).
    The painting of (I assume) Elrond and Gil-galad leading what looks suspiciously like an elven army, I haven't seen before, it's very nice but really more elven than Gondorian.
    The armor portraits, while roman in origin, have a slightly Anglo-Saxon look about them. The helmet with the long nose guard in particular looks like it could have come from the collection found at Sutton Hoo.
    Don't get me wrong, most of the things you posted belong in "The Gondor thread", I'm just a little confused by the things which are clearly out of place, especially considering the rich bounty of Tolkien related art which can be found on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    I beg to differ. The painting of the snowed-under village looks very Anglo-Saxon to me, while the other architecture looks Gondorian enough. The beautiful Minas Tirith at Dawn painting from Ted Nasmith is obviously pure Gondor, even if it has a major flaw lore-wise (like several of Nasmith's best work).
    The painting of (I assume) Elrond and Gil-galad leading what looks suspiciously like an elven army, I haven't seen before, it's very nice but really more elven than Gondorian.
    The armor portraits, while roman in origin, have a slightly Anglo-Saxon look about them. The helmet with the long nose guard in particular looks like it could have come from the collection found at Sutton Hoo.
    Don't get me wrong, most of the things you posted belong in "The Gondor thread", I'm just a little confused by the things which are clearly out of place, especially considering the rich bounty of Tolkien related art which can be found on the internet.
    Granted, the picture is still dominated by Elves but there is some Gondorian as well with the White Tree banner behind Elrond.

The imagelink name indicates Gondor Civil War (although the source is a wiki for fanfiction on LOTR), but I'm not sure Elves took part in that.
    If I were to judge from the picture itself, I'd thought it was Elrond, Glorfindel and the Rivendell part of the Last Alliance army and then a bannercarrier (possibly even Elendil?) with the White Tree banner next to them.

Anyway:

I'm looking forward to see LotrO's take on the Gondorian armor, especially for the Citatel Guard and the Rangers of Ithilien.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Oct 05 2013 at 05:23 AM.

Great pics Elrantiri.

Also the pics that are Anglo Saxon are in fact Constantinople Late roman design, which I think Gondor is like in the Third Age.

Feel free to post any pics from Gondor guys.

Cavalry Forces of Osgiliath
    Last edited by Al.; Oct 06 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Guards of Towns and Fortified Places in Gondor.
    Last edited by Al.; Oct 05 2013 at 02:05 PM.

The rangers of ithilien, keeping Mordor at Bay until the War of the Ring.
    Last edited by Al.; Oct 05 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Gondorian Boat

Costal settlement of Gondor

Gondorian Tower Style

As an artist, I really, really dislike it when people link images of my work and do not add a name or a link to the website of the artist.

I recommend editing your posts to include the artists. I am a big fan of Tolkien art and I recognize some of these pieces; these artists deserve credit.

Regards.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    As an artist, I really, really dislike it when people link images of my work and do not add a name or a link to the website of the artist.

I recommend editing your posts to include the artists. I am a big fan of Tolkien art and I recognize some of these pieces; these artists deserve credit.

Regards.
    Which one? I'll gladly put the name of the author.

Why not take a look at what suggestions to Gondorian culture, architecture we already have in-game, and expand from that?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast